What is so wack about Summer On Smash?

BossMobb

Knewgoat the novel every Black American should own
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I thought it was complete gahbage first time i heard it but after mutiple listens it has grown on me. I put it in the same class as the joints Pharrell produced for Nas, decent record to listen to occasionally.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Now that tribe track makes me wanna :stylin:

That reach out track never made me think of tribe LOL... Interesting

Its the drums...i've been trying to place it when I first heard Reach Out and realized it was that tribe.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
I don't mind the singing near the end and NaS did his thing lyrically ...don't think its wack either just doesn't fit on Life Is Good seems like a really random choice

the album is called life is good. why wouldn't he have a celebratory track talking about the perks of the high life and having fun?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Is it me or his voice sound like the era between It was Written and I Am on this joint? Voice sounds just like it did on that "You don't Know" joint

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La_sjhkNHZ4"]Nas - You Don't Know (Unreleased) - YouTube[/ame]

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Its a cool track i just prefer to get my bangers from other artists. I dont listen to Nas for those type of tracks

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Its a cool track i just prefer to get my bangers from other artists. I dont listen to Nas for those type of tracks

This is the mentality I just don't understand...a banger is a banger, who cares who raps them.

Ridickulous

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The real question should be what's wrong with Reach Out? I read a lot of hate on that track here like it isn't one of the best songs on the album...:win:

Summer On Smash is all right, but those Miguel bars at the end wasn't doing it for me..."wait do you know whos pool your in?":comeon:

Should have put another Nas verse

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
This is the mentality is just don't understand...a banger is a banger, who cares who raps them.

Because Nas just doesn't bring that kinda energy to his songs. Ill take Cherry Wine and Stay from Nas. Dude is my favorite rapper but im well aware of his limitations, and summer anthems is definitely one of them.