What is so wack about Summer On Smash?

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think its dope, I dont understand the hate either. But like someone said I wish Nas spit more bars, the last two minutes are pretty Nasless.

:dj2:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Yeah another verse from Nas would've been dope...he was flowing on this.

A hot video could potentially boost sales.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the shyts hot but people don't want want to hear nas on anything commercial no matter how good it is there going to say its wack if it was someone like jayz it would be cool wit people

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
beats trash, and i like Swizz

Nas never gets the best from dude, no reason to ever work with him again. Swizz saves the best shyt for Jay, and is usually a crap shoot with everyone else

Like the song. But this is true (wouldn't say the beat is trash. But Swizz do seem to hold the best beats for jay)

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
miguel is the only good thing about that song. this might be worse than that song with chris brown on HHID. nas cant make commercial tracks to save his life.

thats one of the biggest misconceptions about nas

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Because Nas just doesn't bring that kinda energy to his songs. Ill take Cherry Wine and Stay from Nas. Dude is my favorite rapper but im well aware of his limitations, and summer anthems is definitely one of them.

A summer uptempo Nas track is If I Ruled the World, Thief's Theme, Hip-Hop is Dead, Life Is Mine etc. He's not that "fit the mold" type rapper, and this sounds like another generic Swizz track. It's like You Owe Me..a generic Timbaland track. tracks that anyone can make, or sounds like anyone is just not Nas, and each time it throws off the album.