What happened to Ashley R. from BET's College Hill?

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We did that then sold it to the white man.

Not "we", Bob Johnson did that? What is this "we" you are talking about?

You better give your kids the proper home training and stop relying on this fake "we" to make you feel good about life or this depressing modern society because it's NEVER going to happen.

The old school stuff is a lot better, I wonder why people like you who has seen all the exposure of how fake everything is, still go around bothering themselves about why the content given to them is not as convincing as the past.

All that shyt is DEAD, leave it alone. Even if they make everything positive, it won't be natural because of all the damage that has already been done + the continued day to day fukkery of the internet.

Last edited:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Not "we", Bob Johnson did that? What is this "we" you are talking about?

You better give your kids the proper home training and stop relying on this fake "we" to make you feel good about life or this depressing modern society because it's NEVER going to happen.

The old school stuff is a lot better, I wonder why people like you who has seen all the exposure of how fake everything is still go around bothering themselves about why the content given to them is not as convincing as the past.

All that shyt is DEAD, leave it alone. Even if they make everything positive, it will still not be natural because of all the damage that has already been done + the continued day to day fukkery of the internet.
Because my childhood was the shyt. I get misty eyed when I see shyt like this

Nothing wrong with being nostalgic and longing for the days when shyt was progressive.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because my childhood was the shyt. I get misty eyed when I see shyt like this

Nothing wrong with being nostalgic and longing for the days when shyt was progressive.

I definitely agree with you on this, I feel your pain but this shyt bothered me for so long. I already know waiting or begging for something to happen is not going to change anything, we just have to be grateful to have enjoyed those times.

The only solution is to pass those memories down to the young ones, show them the light, so they can see.

To make you fully understand what I'm saying, use this example as a reference, I mean you have to be a charlie murphy in real life to this new generation. Who wouldn't have loved to have witnessed those true hollywood stories back in the day (the 80's), but you don't see him going around bytching and shyt.

He talks about those events, painting perfect pictures and we feel like we were part of those times, that's how we should be to these young ones coming up. There is nothing really interesting in this modern times, but chaos and complaining (arguments) every single day, so we can change things by how we approach certain issues/problems in today's society.

You got to live your life to the fullest man, inspire people, so they can continue to pass the torch from generation to generation. It's not going to be easy but somebody has to do it.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I definitely agree with you on this, I feel your pain but this shyt bothered me for so long. I already know waiting or begging for something to happen is not going to change anything, we just have to be grateful to have enjoyed those times.

The only solution is to pass those memories down to the young ones, show them the light, so they can see.

To make you fully understand what I'm saying, use this example as a reference, I mean you have to be a charlie murphy in real life to this new generation. Who wouldn't have loved to have witnessed those true hollywood stories back in the day (the 80's), but you don't see him going around bytching and shyt.

He talks about those events, painting perfect pictures and we feel like we were part of those times, that's how we should be to these young ones coming up. There is nothing really interesting in this modern times, but chaos and complaining (arguments) every single day, so we can change things by how we approach certain issues/problems in today's society.

You got to live your life to the fullest man, inspire people, so they can continue the pass the torch from generation to generation. It's not going to be easy but somebody has to do it.
:mjcry: "They can't erase what we were".

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It had an element of ratchet but it was still built on young blacks in college. And you can forget about seeing another show like a different world. NBC gave that to Cosby because he was so big at the time but that shyt was waaaaay to positive to be able to get any run in todays genre of shows.

after the first 2 or so seasons, college hill turned into just another ratchet reality show and barely featured anything involving college. it turned into a bunch of people who just-so-happened to be enrolled in a college, living off-campus with a bunch of people from other schools.

@ the bolded. theres alot of positive black shows on TV. people just ignore them and choose to dwell on the negative. majority of the black sitcoms on tv airing now, and throughout this decade in general have been positive. people just dont support. same with the stations. people love to complain about BET but support none of the newer black-owned stations.

Last edited:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ones in the Virgin Island and Atlanta were a pure minstrel show. :camby:

The one in Atlanta didn't even show them in college. :dahell:

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One of my cousins was on one of the seasons. I messed up and told people that while it was airing. Luckily she wasn't an embarrassment cuz I'd probably be hearing about it til this day. :whew: