What happened to all the Sony journalists “just reporting the news” ?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Like a next gen patch? I thought mad games were having performance boosts on the 5? My coworker said Ghosts was like a whole new game and it was pretty much locked at 60fps.
Ghost did not get a patch exclusive to the ps5. It got a patch that unlocked framerate that allowed the ps5 to run the game better, but that same patch hit the ps4 pro too.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Ghost got a patch that allowed that and yea, it looks good AF. So did games like no mans sky.

Some games that have an uncapped frame rate or dynamic resolutions from the PS4 Pro version saw better performance on the 5, with out a patch.
No mans sky has a ps5 port.

The patch for ghost released for ps4 pro and just unlocked the framerate.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea I've seen a couple vids that show the series X version running at a higher res, and you can see that the series X version looks a bit better from the comparisons

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
Ghost did not get a patch exclusive to the ps5. It got a patch that unlocked framerate that allowed the ps5 to run the game better, but that same patch hit the ps4 pro too.

I would say the patch for the PS5 would be unique no?

I'm not arguing a next gen upgrade but a patch to allow it to run unlocked on the new system would be unique to that would it not? I'm sure the pro version runs different than the 5 right?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I would say the patch for the PS5 would be unique no?
No its not
I'm not arguing a next gen upgrade but a patch to allow it to run unlocked on the new system would be unique to that would it not? I'm sure the pro version runs different than the 5 right?
It's not unique because the framerate is unlocked for both systems, it the same exact code running on both consoles.

Developers cant patch features into ps4 games that only work on ps5. Microsoft allows that, Sony doesn't.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I still can't believe they wasted the special edition console and controller on the One X, it was :banderas:

Probably the best special edition console ever made up to this point as far as themes go.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’ll be back in about 5 mins to destroy this narrative

giphy.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I still can't believe they wasted the special edition console and controller on the One X, it was :banderas:

Probably the best special edition console ever made up to this point as far as themes go.

would be dope if they came out with a faceplate for ps5 like this we could swap