What does Victor do better than Bol Bol?

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Media frenzy. They expect him and Chet to come in with the same frames and in Chet's case, injury that caused him to miss the season, and drop 25, 10, and 4 blocks a piece. Bol Bol also dropped because of the injury and Malone was trying to save his job/compete.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Bol Bol (why do people always say his full name :russ:), was basically a top 5 lottery lock when he was actually playing at Oregon
The way he dropped in the draft and the issues he had once in the league is some other shyt. Off pure potential he was only slightly less hyped than Wemby when he was actually playing minutes last

And dude a beast in 2K

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Bol Bol was projected as a lottery pick coming out of HS

The difference to me is that Victor is more dominant against elite comp...Victor has a more fluid jumper, and is a better shot blocker

Ppl say Victor is a 7'3 KD...but I think if he improves his foot speed and gets stronger, he could be a better shot blocking, better jump shooting 7'3 KG

:skip:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bol Bol (why do people always say his full name :russ:), was basically a top 5 lottery lock when he was actually playing at Oregon
The way he dropped in the draft and the issues he had once in the league is some other shyt. Off pure potential he was only slightly less hyped than Wemby when he was actually playing minutes last

And dude a beast in 2K
the way you nikkas lie...

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I used to have the PAC 12 network (which was amazing and a basically bill Walton podcast during college games), and was a huge Bol Bol guy, but even then he didn't affect games the way Victor does

Look at what Victor did to Leonard Miller in that G League game. Miller is 6'11, has been super impressive this year, and looks like a poor man's Lamar Odom as a floor. Victor made him look like a complete joke.

Bol had and has moments where he looks like that guy, but not in anyway at all times like Victor.

It's like a Shaq and Dwight Howard difference if I had to try and quantify it

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What a lazy ass comparison.

@2legit you clearly weren't following Bol Bol at the time (which shows how ignorant you are over his stock dropping because of how injury-prone he was; big men with feet problems are one of the biggest red flags of all), and all you see is two abnormally tall, slight and skilled players, and think they're the same. You even had the nerve to reference some HS highlights of Bol when 99.9999999% of the competition he faced weren't even good enough to become semi-pro; whereas Victor has been dominating against grown ass men in one of the top leagues in Europe, on the international stage, and in a setting against the best upcoming prospects in the game.

Bol has been playing well and it's great to see him carving out a role in the league, but his game is more of a novelty than it is a main option player. He's only averaging 13 points a game, isn't really game-planned for, and fades in and out of the contest.

Victor is simply a considerably more dominant, skilled, and impactful player in nearly every conceivable way. It's a disservice to his game to compare him to Bol, besides the fact they share similar measurables.
I knew you would come ready with hate.

Bol Bol had a bad injury and was on a team with KPJ and Grant. Plus he felt a type of way being considered a project player and it affected his attitude.

There is no reason why he can't be an all star.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I knew you would come ready with hate.

Bol Bol had a bad injury and was on a team with KPJ and Grant. Plus he felt a type of way being considered a project player and it affected his attitude.

There is no reason why he can't be an all star.
That's the difference though right? There's no, ifs ands or buts about Victor like there is with Bol

It's not maybe he'll be an all star, it's maybe he'll be a complete league altering transcendent player