What Do You Think Makes a Man?

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
I don't care to get into a debate about this. Frankly, this is my opinion and I'm staying by it. This thread is titled "What Do You Think Makes a Man" not "What Do You Think of Expectations Men Have". You haven't answered the thread yet so I assume you more than likely came here to reply to comments you disagree with.

We have different ideologies and we come from different places. That's it. No need to get into a lengthy discussion about it because at the end of the day both of us will just walk off thinking the same as we started.
you quoted my opinion to disagree with in the first place tho
incredulous.gif

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Girl, what?

You quoted my post saying this

Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? :what::what:
this is my first post in the thread
eh
I feel like buying into that whole "men are especially strong/hardworking/etc" just puts a bunch of pressure on them
a good person is a good person
which you responded to
No. Pressure is a good thing. For both genders.
So many men think it's ok to just sit around, grab a bag of chips, dress bummy, and scratch their belly while watching re runs of CSI Miami because their penis is the only thing that validates their manhood and makes them entitled to having a submissive, loyal girlfriend/wife.
and I responded with
I disagree :yeshrug:
life is a lot more than being the best woman or man
I think a lot of people would be happier if they didn't look at everything from a gendered pov
:what:

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
eh
I feel like buying into that whole "men are especially strong/hardworking/etc" just puts a bunch of pressure on them
a good person is a good person

Men and women have their own distinct roles, especially when it comes to raising children in a family...A man can not be a woman and a woman can not be a man. As a matter of fact we thanks to men we have roads, bridges, buildings, electricity poles, grocery stores and etc. Even to this day companies tend to hire women for creating clothes, and etc because women tend to have smaller hands. Yes a good person is a good person, but men and women are different.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Sharing or being emotional is a sure fire way to have people (especially women) view you as weak.

As men we are measured by our accomplishments, no one gives a fukk about the struggles and sacrifices it took us to get there. A man should only share or open up emotionally after he has solved the issue, and should only speak of his struggles in an abstract way. NEVER EVER share details of your short comings even after you overcame them.

This is one area where you do not listen to what women say about being open. They will use it against you when an opportunity arises
You're not the first person to say this to me after I said I like when men open up to me emotionally :manny:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Sharing or being emotional is a sure fire way to have people (especially women) view you as weak.

As men we are measured by our accomplishments, no one gives a fukk about the struggles and sacrifices it took us to get there. A man should only share or open up emotionally after he has solved the issue, and should only speak of his struggles in an abstract way. NEVER EVER share details of your short comings even after you overcame them.

This is one area where you do not listen to what women say about being open. They will use it against you when an opportunity arises
:why: Ugh you sound like my boyfriend.
I don't agree, if the person you are with respects you for real then they would never use your short comings against you. Not even in an argument. Everyone needs someone they can open up too holding all that angst in is bad for your psyche. Im slowly but surly helping my guy open up to me. Just cause you don't tell us doesn't mean we dont know. Sometimes i feel so helpless when he's upset and wont tell me whats wrong because I sincerely want to help him feel better.
Relationships should be give and take on both end. I can't be the only one satisfied emotionally, i wouldnt be comfortable. In the back of my mind id always think there was someone else he is open with and im not able to satisfy that for him. I need that connection. There are times that i get so frustrated with him lol. I understand tho, its harder for some people to let those reservations go. Especially if they've been hurt in the past.
But i def agree with what @infinityaxis
has said. But there are other tangibles that makes a man a man and also separates them from each other. I like to think that no two men are a like. Its why for the most part i try to judge on a case by case basis, even tho ive been known to throw out the all men are dogs moniker around from time to time.

agnosticlady

Daps
list what you think positive male hardships are then
whatever they are though, sitting on a high horse and thinking men need to go through hell just to be considered worth anything is really fukked up and vindictive

A man builds his confidence and worth through what he has accomplished and what he can do for his community and or family. A man does not become a man through him siting around and someone telling him, "Baby you're a strong boy. You're the best. You are so smart!". That is why a boy needs a good man to teach him how to become a man.

agnosticlady

Daps
:why: Ugh you sound like my boyfriend.
I don't agree, if the person you are with respects you for real then they would never use your short comings against you. Not even in an argument. Everyone needs someone they can open up too holding all that angst in is bad for your psyche. Im slowly but surly helping my guy open up to me. Just cause you don't tell us doesn't mean we dont know. Sometimes i feel so helpless when he's upset and wont tell me whats wrong because I sincerely want to help him feel better.
Relationships should be give and take on both end. I can't be the only one satisfied emotionally, i wouldnt be comfortable. In the back of my mind id always think there was someone else he is open with and im not able to satisfy that for him. I need that connection. There are times that i get so frustrated with him lol. I understand tho, its harder for some people to let those reservations go. Especially if they've been hurt in the past.
But i def agree with what @infinityaxis
has said. But there are other tangibles that makes a man a man and also separates them from each other. I like to think that no two men are a like. Its why for the most part i try to judge on a case by case basis, even tho ive been known to throw out the all men are dogs moniker around from time to time.

if the person you are with respects you for real then they would never use your short comings against you. Not even in an argument - This is very true. I have had people open up to me, but even if we have a disagreement I never put their business on front street or tried to use it against them. Only low and dirty people do that.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Right, missed that one. It seemed you were indirectly responding to my post.

Just because I make a little comment or two doesn't mean I want to get in on an annoying back-and-forth dialogue that may last up to 2 days. My point still stands.
It had nothing to do with you :what:
wtf is this crazy landmine I stepped on :wtf:
Men and women have their own distinct roles, especially when it comes to raising children in a family...A man can not be a woman and a woman can not be a man. As a matter of fact we thanks to men we have roads, bridges, buildings, electricity poles, grocery stores and etc. Even to this day companies tend to hire women for creating clothes, and etc because women tend to have smaller hands. Yes a good person is a good person, but men and women are different.
men and women are different but I don't expect men to be more dependable, less emotional or to be my leaders
dudes have the right to be people
if a dude wants to be some introverted herbivore that follows rather than leads, what right do I have to tell him the status of his manhood
that's self absorbed imo

agnosticlady

Daps
It had nothing to do with you :what:
wtf is this crazy landmine I stepped on :wtf:

men and women are different but I don't expect men to be more dependable, less emotional or to be my leaders
dudes have the right to be people
if a dude wants to be some introverted herbivore that follows rather than leads, what right do I have to tell him the status of his manhood
that's self absorbed imo

Dudes are born people.....Also a man can be emotional but all of that boo-hoo crying pettiness is whack. Most men who act like that did not have father figures in their lives. Men are supposed to be leaders. When a war breaks out who goes out to the battlefields to protect the home?

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Dudes are born people.....Also a man can be emotional but all of that boo-hoo crying pettiness is whack. Most men who act like that did not have father figures in their lives. Men are supposed to be leaders. When a war breaks out who goes out to the battlefields to protect the home?
then people suited for war will go
someone isn't suited for war just because they are male

agnosticlady

Daps
then people suited for war will go
someone isn't suited for war just because they are male

IN MOST CASES men are better suited for war, and meet the physical requirements to fight in a war. MOST of the time women do not meet the physical requirements to go to war. If America all of a sudden went to war with Russia and said, "Hey we are going to send only women to fight Russia" Russia would laugh and send a group of men because in most cases men are physically stronger than women and built for roughness. Yeah there are exceptions, but that is not the rule. The people who are usually qualified to fight on the battle field are men. Someone is not suited for being a hair dresser simply because they are a woman, but in most cases women tend to be hair dressers.