What do you think it will take for blacks reach true equality?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
these very same behaviors are present in white communities and every other community here in America.

just as there are "uncivilized" "callous" "dysfunctional" Black people, there are far more who aren't yet somehow we're ALL generalized based on the behaviors of those who are.

why does this not apply to white people in America?

If a white person shoots up a school, he's classified as a "loner" and the majority group doesn't suffer.

If a Black person does something deemed negative, "he's fukking it up for all of us"

why is this?

:lupe:

If you're a minority then whatever you do is viewed as being representative of your race, rather than just you.

It's not remotely fair, but there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
If you're a minority then whatever you do is viewed as being representative of your race, rather than just you.

It's not remotely fair, but there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

this post plus the thread title would imply that, in order for us to reach "true equality", we'd need to stop being minorities.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
this post plus the thread title would imply that, in order for us to reach "true equality", we'd need to stop being minorities.

Assuming we're talking about socioeconomic inequality/equality (which is what I'm thinking of), no it doesn't.

It just implies that being a member of the majority population comes with some inherent advantages, one of which is that your actions aren't perceived as representative of your group.

If "true equality" means every single thing is equal, including how you're perceived, then I'd have to say that the thought is probably unrealistic. I hate to say it but it's human nature to stereotype people.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Either blacks focus on the elite and their control on their country (and others) or they go to Africa and deal with them there. Trying to take over the economy by building businesses, will only work for so long till its noticed and stopped. Because at the end of the day, they'll still be able to place a stranglehold on it if "they" wanted to.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Assuming we're talking about socioeconomic inequality/equality (which is what I'm thinking of), no it doesn't.

It just implies that being a member of the majority population comes with some inherent advantages, one of which is that your actions aren't perceived as representative of your group.

If "true equality" means every single thing is equal, including how you're perceived, then I'd have to say that the thought is probably unrealistic. I hate to say it but it's human nature to stereotype people.

is it human nature to classify muslims as terrorists because past terrorists have been muslim.

or is it that certain people are simply of terrorist descent and it's perfectly normal to stereotype them because...human nature?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
is it human nature to classify muslims as terrorists because past terrorists have been muslim.

or is it that certain people are simply of terrorist descent and it's perfectly normal to stereotype them because...human nature?

Straw man. :camby:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
We're a reported ~12% of the population.

Nothing else matters since VISUALLY we look "black"

All other ethnic groups have a linked history or look like they can pass for "white"

if we can somehow breed the darker members of the Black race out of the equation by only procreating with non Black lighter skinned people, we might be able to overcome visually looking black in about 50-60 years if done correctly.

Israel already gave us the outline with the forced sterilization of ethiopeans, if darker african americans are forced to be sterilized in America, we could simultaneously cut down on abortions, while gradually assimilating into the dominant society.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
The first thing that has to happen is an acknowledgement of the constitutive racial foundation in the United States of America's constitution. Once it is changed, either voluntarily or involuntarily via a revolution, then equality could be reached. Until this happens, racism will forever be entrenched here: its in the fukking supreme law of the land, so it cannot change until that document is altered or destroyed and replaced.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Straw man. :camby:
not really.

Yes really. I didn't say anything about how it's ok to think all Muslims are terrorists. Homie even brought out the "terrorist descent" line. :beli:

Yall sounding like some sensitive thugs Muslims who all need hugs.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
In my Bible I've read that Backs(the original man) will enslave Whites and everything will be okay.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Yes really. I didn't say anything about how it's ok to think all Muslims are terrorists. Homie even brought out the "terrorist descent" line. :beli:

Yall sounding like some sensitive thugs Muslims who all need hugs.

Americans will only think the Muslims that are terrorists are the ones the government tells them are terrorists.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This fight is my Favorited fight.... because this is how I see the journey of black people..... on the bottom , but still showing excellence.... building until we make that move.

I'm a fighter so I relate many things back to it....... AND this fight is just beautiful.