What do you think it will take for blacks reach true equality?

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
when will we be equal? when we give up our petty jealousies and learn basic math skills and learn to unite and defend our communities.... we're 12% of the population, we'll never make up 50% of the millionaires, doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, architects, scientists, etc... we don't need to... they'll always be black failures... so what.. there are white failures too... no race of people is without those who fail... what we should focus on is creating an environment where everyone who truly wants to succeed can... when we do that, we'll be equal....

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
whites arent the only group of people who are racist friends. we/they have a majority of the "power" though, so their racism probably has more of an effect. you think if asians were on top itd be much better? im not sure of the answer myself, but its worth pondering. not defending any racism btw.

honestly, i think a lot of it has to do with the older generations of people. they just need to get the fukk out of the way...young people may be fairly flagrant with their racism, but i dont think its as prevalent as it is with older people, they just keep it in pocket more and apply it covertly.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i think it's a false pretense to say "equality to whites" is something blacks and minorities should strive for. imo we should aim to cultivate our own communities that are mostly self sufficient and independent. pooling our economic and intellectual capital to strengthen our communities, family units, and improve the educational levels of our people. then we can have communities that are better insulated and not as easily repressed or sh1tted on.

the oligarchies that founded and run this nation require a class structure and as long as our potential is dispersed we will continue to be marginalized in this country. we can have more and be better insulated from this issue within our own well developed communities, but imo it will always be an issue to some extent. we can only aim to make it less of an issue.

as it stands now a few of us can carve out a piece of the pie to achieve relative success and the mirage of equality, but for the majority of us to have this experience we'll need to do away with this equality to whites pov.

Coherent

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas/Maine
You guys need to stop playing by the divide and conquers game. Stop killing each other, endangering each other. Gain some leaders like you had in Malcolm X and MLK, and speak your minds and come together.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

We are only 12% of the population - It's not like we aren't making progress,
despite our ignorant elements. We are still living in the land of our oppressors and we don't make up the majority so We can only be superior as a community if we focus on improving on our good areas and getting even more millions of us in the business word.

I don't know anything about equality - that shyt doesn't exist. The only way we become a superior group with our 12 % is to realize that we already are.

Coherent

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas/Maine
Another problem is the blame game being played. Going as far back as slavery, blacks enabled that culture, by trading prisoners of war in return for guns, alcohol and other textiles. Take action and realize the problems your own communities have created to implement these shytty situations and cultural racism. If you want change, stop focusing on destroying the old, and more on cultivating the new.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
The only way we become a superior group with our 12 % is to realize that we already are.

So true.

There is no barrier or obstacle we have to overcome besides mental slavery..

At this point we are our worst enemy, because dysfunction is so widespread that it is holding everyone around us down.

Our value system needs to improve, because we DO NOT lack anything else. This is why I don't compare ourselves to anyone else, because we are second to none.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Our value system... :wow:

It would make a difference to cherish what really matters, which is our women, children, and community. Notice I put all the burden on the men.

We need to stop mistreating our black women and neglecting our children. The misogyny needs to go, its like black men do black women worst than the KKK. If you know like I know, most of it comes from insecurity.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It would make a difference to cherish what really matters, which is our women, children, and community. Notice I put all the burden on the men.

We need to stop mistreating our black women and neglecting our children. The misogyny needs to go, its like black men do black women worst than the KKK. If you know like I know, most of it comes from insecurity.
BOTH MEN and women play = parts.

It's only up to the men to fix it because at this point, black women (some ) have mentalities that are counterproductive to making superior children.... and either maintain a slut or defensive stance towards men.

Most of it does come from insecurity, but most of that comes from generations of history and community brainwashing. divide and conquer- then ghettos that allow gov assistance to replace men and drug culture and drug wars to replace civility.

but even tho all that's true, imo #1 is skills and development for young black boys. Species has been around over 2 millions years..........and it's not until black Americans came around that we have women more empowered educationally, socially, and financialy than the men. :wow:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
It's only up to the men to fix it because at this point, black women (some ) have mentalities that are counterproductive to making superior children.... and either maintain a slut or defensive stance towards men.

Where do you think it comes from?

Black children don't know what love do. They never seen how a DAD relates to a mom. They are off to a bad start, because the man decides not to do his part.

Guess what happens?

Black women overcompensate, because they don't know what love is about. So you get anger issues, promiscuity, and lack of self-control.

Black men become indifferent, because they don't know what love is about. So you get black men who don't know how to nurture their women AND a relationship.

Both of these guys are guessing. This causes disorder. Disorder is the root cause for all mental illness which causes sexual disorders, eating disorders, substance abuse, etc.

This is how you strip someone of their humanity...because they never develop one. Look around and you see dysfunction is AND callousness is so widespread.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Assuming we're talking about socioeconomic status...that's a tall order.

In the long term, black culture will just have to change. It's way too anti-intellectual. Way too many kids wanting to be rappers/athletes, not enough wanting to be engineers. Another important thing would be building up solid social networks - I noticed coming out of college that a lot of white people had family members and friends hooking them up with jobs, which is an advantage most black people don't have.

Passing down wealth is also important. It's been observed that white families tend to pass down wealth, while it flows in the opposite direction in black families. For example white people are far more likely than blacks to get inheritances, money for a down payment on their first home, trust funds, help paying for college, etc. from their parents/family. So wealth is passed down in that way. On the other hand, when your average black person gets a good job, they'll have to spend a lot of their money supporting parents/relatives (I can attest to this personally) and thus have less chance to accumulate wealth or buy a home. Hard to do much about it on an individual level but it's definitely a factor.