What do you all consider a strong squat and bench press?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You can do more Ive saw but it reminds me of dudes who can use three plates on a shoulder machine but ask them to do 135 on the regular military press and they about to kill themselves. It might not be that bad but I just like working for mine instead of what seems to be inflated lifting stats. Personally I haven't saw one person that can do what they can with the straps without them and that usually makes sense since I almost exclusively see cats doing it on weights they can't really get anyway.

End if the day do what you gotta but I just think its better to work up slowly and keep the gains you get without the straps but we all lift differently though.

:manny:I can see your point. I lift by myself, obsess over technique, and increase the weight gradually. No ego lifting, just comparing my results with before. But I can definitely see how they could be used to ego lift and people's technique will go to shyt.

In the end consistency will save you either way. If you use straps, always use straps. If you don't, never use them. Switching back and forth can definitely lead to snapping some shyt up:scust:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:manny:I can see your point. I lift by myself, obsess over technique, and increase the weight gradually. No ego lifting, just comparing my results with before. But I can definitely see how they could be used to ego lift and people's technique will go to shyt.

In the end consistency will save you either way. If you use straps, always use straps. If you don't, never use them. Switching back and forth can definitely lead to snapping some shyt up:scust:
Everybody I see use straps only use them with heavier weights but if you consistent I guess it can work but I've never saw it. Like I said though do your thing playboy get them gains

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
what about 265 on deadlift (maxed out there and cldnt go farther cuz i needed a belt. ordered one today)