What do you all consider a strong squat and bench press?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I never use them I feel they are cheating but how much do they help?

Haven't ever tried them before but I feel that my grip strength is passable now (was garbage before).
At this point my grip strength is holding me back from fully working out my back, so I'm willing to sacrifice a little to make gains in the bigger muscle groups.
Back day is Tuesday so I'll report back after.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Haven't ever tried them before but I feel that my grip strength is passable now (was garbage before).
At this point my grip strength is holding me back from fully working out my back, so I'm willing to sacrifice a little to make gains in the bigger muscle groups.
Back day is Tuesday so I'll report back after.
Cool but if you want to work on grip strength heavy hand grippers work nicely. The website is heavygrips.com

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Cool but if you want to work on grip strength heavy hand grippers work nicely. The website is heavygrips.com

Thanks breh, my grip strength is ok now, it's just that my back strength has advanced WAY faster than my grip strength so now my hands give out before my back does so I can't get those last 2-3 reps in. I'm thinking these straps will be the answer.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Thanks breh, my grip strength is ok now, it's just that my back strength has advanced WAY faster than my grip strength so now my hands give out before my back does so I can't get those last 2-3 reps in. I'm thinking these straps will be the answer.
Until you can grip 300 lb heavy grips for reps your grip strength isn't ok lol. Personally I don't want them 2/3 reps with a strap I want them on my own but whatever works for you fam. Good luck

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

The muscles in your back are way bigger than your forearms so that is a natural thing to happen. It is a lot safer on your wrists to use straps when you're going really heavy on deadlifts and shrugs imo. You can do forearm specific exercises to make up for any lost strength there. Joint damage isn't something to play around with.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
The muscles in your back are way bigger than your forearms so that is a natural thing to happen. It is a lot safer on your wrists to use straps when you're going really heavy on deadlifts and shrugs imo. You can do forearm specific exercises to make up for any lost strength there. Joint damage isn't something to play around with.

Agreed. I'd much rather continue to see gains in my back and shoulders than to be limited by grip strength for the sake of grip strength.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Agreed. I'd much rather continue to see gains in my back and shoulders than to be limited by grip strength for the sake of grip strength.

No lie, I went out a few weeks back and one of the crazy brolic bouncers was sitting at the entrance with one of these going hard af:leon:
That dedication:wow:
skd190674sdc_XS.jpg

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
No lie, I went out a few weeks back and one of the crazy brolic bouncers was sitting at the entrance with one of these going hard af:leon:
That dedication:wow:
skd190674sdc_XS.jpg

Is that one of those heavygrips ones that breh above was talking about. I may as well pick one up.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Normally before my workouts I have coffee + a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat toast.

But what I am gonna do on my cardio days is use cottage chesse instead of peanut butter. And the sandwich actually tasted good.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You can do more Ive saw but it reminds me of dudes who can use three plates on a shoulder machine but ask them to do 135 on the regular military press and they about to kill themselves. It might not be that bad but I just like working for mine instead of what seems to be inflated lifting stats. Personally I haven't saw one person that can do what they can with the straps without them and that usually makes sense since I almost exclusively see cats doing it on weights they can't really get anyway.

End if the day do what you gotta but I just think its better to work up slowly and keep the gains you get without the straps but we all lift differently though.