What did New York City used to be like?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
It was fun, and horrible all at the same time, I lived in the South Bronx until I was around 8, then lived in Kingsbridge for a minute, basically the first half of my life was in the BX @ the time NYC was averaging around 2000 murders a year.

There were parts of the Bx that looked like a 3rd world country, and you had to worry about damn near everyone, shyt was like a molesters paradise.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was fun, and horrible all at the same time, I lived in the South Bronx until I was around 8, then lived in Kingsbridge for a minute, basically the first half of my life was in the BX @ the time NYC was averaging around 2000 murders a year.

There were parts of the Bx that looked like a 3rd world country, and you had to worry about damn near everyone, shyt was like a molesters paradise.

:damn: It was like that huh! I bet the cops were dirty as hell too!

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
:damn: It was like that huh! I bet the cops were dirty as hell too!

Yeah, looking back I wasn't in that much danger of getting killed, outside of a stray or some shyt, the chances of me being abducted were much higher. shyt was like a pedophiles playground back then, plenty of kids got touched up back then :huhldup:

My knuckle game is nice though, thanks to the days of actually throwing hands and having older brothers.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, looking back I wasn't in that much danger of getting killed, outside of a stray or some shyt, the chances of me being abducted were much higher. shyt was like a pedophiles playground back then, plenty of kids got touched up back then :huhldup:

My knuckle game is nice though, thanks to the days of actually throwing hands and having older brothers.

Of course keep them touchers away with the fists. Why though? I guess they was hard up for p*ssy.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I lived there in the late 80's to early 00's now I'm living there again and it's like being in a different city.

Things were really run down and the city felt uneasy and gritty.

Warnings about serial killers, a lot more violence. You didn't just hear about it, you saw it.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lived there in the late 80's to early 00's now I'm living there again and it's like being in a different city.

Things were really run down and the city felt uneasy and gritty.

Warnings about serial killers, a lot more violence. You didn't just hear about it, you saw it.

Man, it seems like another world i guess then.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I use to go all the time in the mid 90s to see family, until I finally moved there in the late 90s.

Honestly it didn't seem that bad, just certain neighborhoods. I think the worst times were between the mid 80s and early 90s. But even today, some parts still haven't been gentrified or haven't changed much at all.

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH

word i almost got snatched off the sidewalk in 92 by a bum:bryan:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

word i almost got snatched off the sidewalk in 92 by a bum:bryan:
:wtf: where did you guys live? I used to start heading everywhere around the city around 12 and never really felt that threatened outside of one time down at times square late at night. I ALMOST had to use it once late at night down near Broadway City (Arcade) with some fools trying to take my jacket. Was already pulled out in my sleeve and ready to stab one in the neck if things escalated.

Maybe that was because I was always on the streets and knew how to handle myself...always carried something with me. Flathead and Phillips screwdriver and boxcutter.

:yeshrug:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: where did you guys live? I used to start heading everywhere around the city around 12 and never really felt that threatened outside of one time down at times square late at night. I ALMOST had to use it once late at night down near Broadway City (Arcade) with some fools trying to take my jacket. Was already pulled out in my sleeve and ready to stab one in the neck if things escalated.

Maybe that was because I was always on the streets and knew how to handle myself...always carried something with me. Flathead and Phillips screwdriver and boxcutter.

:yeshrug:

:ehh: Gotta do what ever to protect yourself.