What city do you think had the biggest influence of modern day black america street culture

?

• LA

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • NYC

Votes: 59 42.8%
  • Chicago

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Atl

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • other

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Chicago been doin this shyt since the 50s and before then

Bloods and crips some new shyt that just got on because of rap shyt , :mjlol: at New York nikkas for jackin they they shyt

Vice lords, gds, mos, etc... Been here since the 40s and 50s

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Chicago been doin this shyt since the 50s and before then

Bloods and crips some new shyt that just got on because of rap shyt , :mjlol: at New York nikkas for jackin they they shyt

Vice lords, gds, mos, etc... Been here since the 40s and 50s

Hell Chicago as a whole has always been a gangster city going way back to the early 1900s. And it always will be.

And yeah as a person from New York its mad corny that we jacked LA's shyt. Hell we even jacked Chi's 5's and 6's.:snoop:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Adding onto what I said earlier Lupe Fiasco aka a Chicago rapper brought back conscious rap to the mainstream rap scene and Kanye West aka a Chicago rapper brought back alternate rap to the mainstream rap scene.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hell Chicago as a whole has always been a gangster city going way back to the early 1900s. And it always will be.

And yeah as a person from New York its mad corny that we jacked LA's shyt. Hell we even jacked Chi's 5's and 6's.:snoop:

From New York rap I used to always here ridin 5, specifically dip set and Curtis "you ridin 5 shootin rocks and signs my way" and used to think these nikkas claimin the nickle :wtf:

Then I was locked up with a blood who ran up under black p stones and say they originated from mos

Bloods is under the fin and crips ride 6, hell even Latin Kings ride 5 so that should tell y'all who was the originators of this shyt

Blackout

Daps
huge reaches.
When Lupe came out especially with Kick Push the conscious rap scene went crazy.

Kick push had the snobby conscious cats mocking mainstream rap fans aka flexing that conspicuous rap was relevant again for many of them thinking Kick Push was about skateboarding. :dead:

Then we got Kanye who went creative and went out of the rap zone especially with that Stronger track with Daft Punk and had white people bytching cuz he rapped over them.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
From New York rap I used to always here ridin 5, specifically dip set and Curtis "you ridin 5 shootin rocks and signs my way" and used to think these nikkas claimin the nickle :wtf:

Then I was locked up with a blood who ran up under black p stones and say they originated from mos

Bloods is under the fin and crips ride 6, hell even Latin Kings ride 5 so that should tell y'all who was the originators of this shyt

Exactly. I don't know if this is true(educate me) but I heard that the reason the Crips and GDs were sometimes allies in certain prisons was because Crips were claiming the 6.

Anyways are terms such as Folk and Peoples nation still relevant in the Chi?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
When Lupe came out the conscious rap scene went crazy. Kick push had the snobby conscious cats mocking people for thinking Kick Push was about skateboarding.

Then we got Kanye who went creative and went out of the rap zone with that Stronger track with Daft Punk.

Lupe is conscious but he didn't bring back conscious rap....it was still a healthy scene when he blew up.:russ:

Pharrell did the Daft Punk remix before Kanye so did Busta Rhymes :dead:

Blackout

Daps
Lupe is conscious but he didn't bring back conscious rap....it was still a healthy scene when he blew up.:russ:

Pharrell did the Daft Punk remix before Kanye so did Busta Rhymes :dead:
Then you dont know about the Lupe hype among people who gave up on rap. Dude brought even me back to rap.:ehh:

We both know Kanye version passed both in popularity. :youngsabo: