What city do you think had the biggest influence of modern day black america street culture

?

• LA

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • NYC

Votes: 59 42.8%
  • Chicago

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Atl

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • other

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I probably give it to NYC but I think Philly is top 3 all time for the below reasons:

The soul music of the late 70s with Larry Gold and Kenny Gamble influenced early sampled based hip hop
Larry Gold is the grand father to all string based producers like dre,swizz,storch, Mike dean etc
Will Smith essentially created the cross over rapper that everybody is trying be now days
The Philly dvd era basically created a platform for battle rappers to monitize battles
The roots have been creative directors behind the scenes for the biggest artists like jay and kanye
Cool C the first rapper who lived what he rapped about
Philly Neo Soul era of the early 2000s made it cool to be enlightened and created the lane that ppl like kendrick and Jcole work in
Lean came from philly, JBM started it before Houston
JBM predates BMF , Nicky Barnes and them. First real black organized criminal family making millions a day
Philly started all that super sharp hairline shyt. Ppl getting dye jobs in the 90s was the first time nikkas had precision haircuts(I use to get clowned out of town for having super sharp hairline...imagine that)
Philly started nikkas having trap dreads. Look up MOVE organization in Philly in the 80s

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Not in Chicago

:ahh:
L.a. Gang Moving In, Police Say

But the assumption always has been that they wanted to become drug suppliers to Chicago-area gangs, rather than attempt a takeover of the drug trade here. That would entail an extremely violent conflict with entrenched area gangs.

Eighteen months ago, officials said, Los Angeles gang members succeeded in setting up a pipeline that supplies gangs here with liquid PCP, which sells for $25,000 to $35,000 a gallon.

Since then, the demand for PCP has grown here, although it is still a relatively minor problem in most parts of the area, the officials said. Marijuana users sometimes dip their cigarettes in PCP, an animal tranquilizer, to increase the potency.

Los Angeles gangs also have been employing Chicago gang members to sell crack cocaine for them in several other cities, including Minneapolis, Denver and Des Moines, officials in those cities have said.

This is not the first time that California gangs have tried to move into the Chicago drug trade, Dart said.

Crips tried to sell cocaine in Chicago`s Englewood area about three years ago, but, ``Their drug costs were higher and they left,`` Dart said.

pixel.gif

LOS ANGELES GANG ATTEMPTS TO TAKE OVER CHICAGO STREETS | StreetGangs.Com

“Street people” in certain West side neighborhoods have confided that “there are bloods from out of town” who have attempted to intimidate and control given areas where drugs are sold. Several recent outbursts of violence and “drive-by” shooting have reportedly been perpetrated by unknown “gang types”, who are not associated with any known Chicago gang. One friendly neighborhood resident told this reporter, “them brothers is from LA-LA land…you know… out West”. “They’s bad boys…that group…they kill you soon as look at you”, he concluded. - See more at: LOS ANGELES GANG ATTEMPTS TO TAKE OVER CHICAGO STREETS | StreetGangs.Com

:troll:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
^^^Articles old as hell. I hear LA gangs that tried to go into Chi got smashed out badly. I hear the Latin Kings really put the beatings on those lame ass Mexican gangs from LA.

Meanwhile the Black P Stones Jungles from Chi is still going strong in LA.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
^^^Articles old as hell. I hear LA gangs that tried to go into Chi got smashed out badly. I hear the Latin Kings really put the beatings on those lame ass Mexican gangs from LA.

Meanwhile the Black P Stones Jungles from Chi is still going strong in LA.
Article says that LA gangs left because they weren't making any money, not because they got smashed on.

Black P stones in LA are blood gang members

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
1. Chi nikkas told me differently.

2. Yes, they're a blood gang(now) but they're from the Chi.
Of course Chi nikkas will tell you differently. What they posed to say? "Oh yea some cali nikkas was out here shooting shyt up so bad they had the local residents more scared of them than us"

ANd the only nikka from Chicago in LA stones is T rodgers,, all dem other nikkas from LA

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Of course Chi nikkas will tell you differently. What they posed to say? "Oh yea some cali nikkas was out here shooting shyt up so bad they had the local residents more scared of them than us"

ANd the only nikka from Chicago in LA stones is T rodgers,, all dem other nikkas from LA

And I bet those LA gang members told the police that the reason they left was because there wasn't no money and not because they were getting smashed on.

And AGAIN the BPS jungles have origins that traces BACK to Chicago since the 60s. They are mostly LA nikkas now but LA nikkas did not bring the Stones there. Thats like saying the Bloods in NY doesn't trace it roots back to LA since all its members are from NYC.