What book have you read/listened to that legit changed you?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The reviews said this was basically about how a veteran dealt with his (sex) crimes during the war...

If not, how good was the book?

Thats one example in the book. Its a breakdown of how one deals with trauma...how it impact our physiology...and how to recover.

Its not just for those in the military...black folk dealing with all sorts of trauma that goes unrecognized.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
The compound effect just talks about how your actions compound, how repetition effects results, and how stopping habits impacts things far more negatively than you think.

Start at 100.

50% increase takes you to 150
50% decrease from there takes you to 75
50% up from there brings you to 112.5
50% decrease brings you down to 56.25

Etc.
Thanks!

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
npp37vsv1gk91.png

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
audiobooks

pdfs

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
shopping

This book got me through the roughest time in my life, and made me understand the little things matter and a lot of material can weigh down the direction you need to go in life.

81ehpTd1O2L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

As a Christian marsupial that's infatuated by space and spirituality, this book is refreshing as it teaches the different outlooks on the universe, the shortcomings of man that wants to turn the universe into a business aspect, and made me appreciate the work of Sun Ra and those that were trying to show the vision of a Afrofuture.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

Catch 22 - 120 Days of Salo/Sodom.
Before these two books, I felt that all printed literature was deserving of an audience as well as the right to be preserved and read by anyone wanting to do that. I think I stuffed my copy of Catch 22 in a mailbox in California and I personally tossed the copy of Salo/Justine in the local incinerator's furnace off strength of not wanting the ashes to remain anywhere near me or my house.

Honorable mentions
The Kid by Sapphire. The follow up to Push (Precious). Dear lord, I had to take another trip to the furnace after this one. To anyone crazy/brave/curious enough to read Push off the strength of the movie or wonder if the movie's ending has any kind of positive (or coherent) outlook for the character Precious off strength of the Movie's ending, please do not seek ANY of this debauched shyt out. One of the most madcapped and demented stories I've ever read short of Salo and I only hope the ravages of old age/alziemers erases it from my memory completely one day.​

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
audiobooks

pdfs

fire

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Gonna look into some of these books. :wow:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I thought this was hokey but it really helps to understand your relationships and what your signification others want and need from you.

Very impactful and I wouldn't have read it if my therapist hadn't required it.