What Black cities are there in Michigan other than Detroit?

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Rode through Benton Harbor last week and I was :leon: @all of the black folk in that area
My home town. LOTTA folks there with southern roots. They even have a southern dialect; especially folks from Gen X on back. Like every place in the rust belt, it became more integrated during the Great Migration and the 50s. There's a Facebook group on BH's history and I was shocked at the absence of black kids in the class pictures from the early 50s. Whites left en masse after the riot in '66, and the population started to slowly shift. It was still fairly integrated from the late 60s to mid 70s, but when places like Whirlpool and Auto Specialties closed in early 80's, the city fell on dark economic times and hasn't recovered since.

It's crazy because with It's close proximity to Lake Michigan and Chicago, you'd think that area would fetch top dollar like a lot of other cities up and down the coast but it doesn't. The housing there is dirt cheap. Last time I checked, the house my mom grew up in sold for 9k. Neighborhood don't even look the same :mjcry:. A lot of the houses are vacant or gone. St Joe, it's "sister" city across the bridge is the complete opposite racially and economically with houses WELL into the six figures and even a million plus depending on where it's at. You can cut the racial tension between the two cities with a machete.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, I moved back with my dad as his health is declining. I work in Kalamazoo though.
Damn I thought you were from KZoo. You and your family been there long? There's damn good chance my family knows you or your family because I'm related to half that city. I got multiple double cousins and cousins on my dad's side that fukked cousins on my mom's. That's why I never fukked with no females down there unless they were transplants :russ:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lansing Michigan is the best answer

Not a "black city", but sizeable black population, good job opportunities, and decent cost of living. I used to live there

I live in Lansing myself, got a job there after college, it's cool :yeshrug:

Probably like 1/3rd black. Yeah it looks a little run down in parts but good job opportunities and the cost of living is pretty low. Housing is relatively cheap, If you don't have kids you can live pretty decently even off of 35-40k.

Last edited:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Damn I thought you were from KZoo. You and your family been there long? There's damn good chance my family knows you or your family because I'm related to half that city. I got multiple double cousins and cousins on my dad's side that fukked cousins on my mom's. That's why I never fukked with no females down there unless they were transplants :russ:

My mom moved here when she was a kid so like the 50's and my dad moved here in the 60's. It's a small town so I probably do know your fam.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My mom moved here when she was a kid so like the 50's and my dad moved here in the 60's. It's a small town so I probably do know your fam.
Oh yeah, they old school BH like my parents. I'm CERTAIN ya'll know some if not a lot of my fam. I need to head down there one these weekends and chill with the fam. Tired of going down there for funerals. Robbins Bros been getting steady business from us lately :francis::mjcry:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I be glad to see that my MI bros can be connected here, cause MI is just a different vibe.

Anybody ever noticed how r en the words police departments aren't blatantly racist? I'm 36, live in Detroit until I was around 30-33, I've never been called a Bigger, never had a confrontation with a white person for racist comments, I never experienced a lot of shyt even NY people gotta deal with.

So. Do y'all think Michigan is the most diverse state in the USA? Im not just talking racial population, but the mentality of the people in your state. Even racist folks up here know that they need to stfu, or a actual nikka would violate tf out of em. Any other states like that???????

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I be glad to see that my MI bros can be connected here, cause MI is just a different vibe.

Anybody ever noticed how r en the words police departments aren't blatantly racist? I'm 36, live in Detroit until I was around 30-33, I've never been called a Bigger, never had a confrontation with a white person for racist comments, I never experienced a lot of shyt even NY people gotta d. eal with.

So. Do y'all think Michigan is the most diverse state in the USA? Im not just talking racial population, but the mentality of the people in your state. Even racist folks up here know that they need to stfu, or a actual nikka would violate tf out of em. Any other states like that???????

It depends on where in Michigan you are IMO. If you're around the major metro areas, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Lansing, etc. then that type of shyt won't usually fly. But lets be honest there's certain parts of Michigan nikkas just don't go to, once you get further out it's different, for example you would never catch me in Howell :mjlol:

And I don't know for sure but I've always assumed the UP was :mjpls: since I've never heard any black people going up there, but I could be wrong :russ:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you have a goal? If you are looking for a black city/area where crime isn't as much of an issue when compared to Detroit but still predominantly black or a lot of black people, Southfield, Royal Oak Twp (kind of), North Oak Park, Lathrup Village, Farmington Hills is the answer (they are all in the same area)
Of course not

He pulling a @smitty22 :pachaha:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It depends on where in Michigan you are IMO. If you're around the major metro areas, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, Lansing, etc. then that type of shyt won't usually fly. But lets be honest there's certain parts of Michigan nikkas just don't go to, once you get further out it's different, for example you would never catch me in Howell :mjlol:

And I don't know for sure but I've always assumed the UP was :mjpls: since I've never heard any black people going up there, but I could be wrong :russ:
I had family who would go up to the UP for camping. Some go up that way for Mackinac Island. I went up there 4 times with my old job and was nervous every time because of the michigan militia. You'll def see some confederate flags but I experienced no open racism.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Anybody ever noticed how r en the words police departments aren't blatantly racist? I'm 36, live in Detroit until I was around 30-33, I've never been called a Bigger, never had a confrontation with a white person for racist comments, I never experienced a lot of shyt even NY people gotta deal with.

We got poor ass white people too so they know the struggle. I never had any blatant racism thrown in my face buy a civilian, but I whopped a white boy ass , afterwards he was like this Donald Trump amerikkka. Police don't get blatantly racist till you pass Birmingham. I lived east west top and bottom of Oakland County back to southwest. :manny:
Our diversity is for profit.