What Black cities are there in Michigan other than Detroit?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I thought OP was from the city but don’t know where the other black places at :mjlol:

Ypsi, inkster, flint, all the places around Southfield already mentioned. What was the goal OP?

Random

We went to a party when I was a teen. Only time in Benton harbor. They started shootin in that bytch and I remember there was a nikka riding around in the parking lot asking who wasn’t from here. Had a young wire like :whoa: never been back since :mjlol: shoutout to sinbad tho
Super suspect thread

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just seen a 3 car wreck while driving south on Southfield around 530am . I swear that freeway is a death trap

Motherfukkers be doing 80mph weaving in and out of traffic in a 55mph...tight ass 3 lanes/concrete barrier and fukkin on/off exit every fukkin mile..
I avoid that bytch at all cost..

Last edited:

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Motherfukkers be doing 80mph weaving in and out of traffic in a 55mph...tight ass 3 lanes/concrete barrier and fukkin on/off exit every fukkin mile..
I avoid that bytch at all cost..
I do too but sadly I got a run to royal oak hospital right off 13 mile

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Apologies for the necro bruhs, but I’m moving up that way for work. Trying to decide between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. I’ll be working in Battle Creek and the commute from Grand Rapids would be longer, but it looks nicer and I like the down town spots. Not super impressed with rentals in Kalamazoo, but it’s only a 30 minute commute compared to an hour and fifteen minutes.

What y’all think? Daps and rep pending :youngsabo:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Apologies for the necro bruhs, but I’m moving up that way for work. Trying to decide between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. I’ll be working in Battle Creek and the commute from Grand Rapids would be longer, but it looks nicer and I like the down town spots. Not super impressed with rentals in Kalamazoo, but it’s only a 30 minute commute compared to an hour and fifteen minutes.

What y’all think? Daps and rep pending :youngsabo:

If you are looking for a good night life then Grand Rapids. Kalamazoo is trying to build up downtown but it's still ongoing with a stadium going up soon, and reworking all the downtown streets from one way to dual. If you are black though you'll have to deal with more racism in Grand Rapids but depending on where you live you might be able to minimize it.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
If you are looking for a good night life then Grand Rapids. Kalamazoo is trying to build up downtown but it's still ongoing with a stadium going up soon, and reworking all the downtown streets from one way to dual. If you are black though you'll have to deal with more racism in Grand Rapids but depending on where you live you might be able to minimize it.
Predicate the info bruh! Wifey and I are both black and we been reading about some of the micro aggressions and straight up racism around GR, but I did see some people say that downtown is cool. It’s the surrounding areas that are heavy with the cism, except Kentwood, which we also see a place in Caledonia to rent that look cool.

Still think I’m leaning more towards Kzoo though. 35 minute commute plus not paying a city tax is enticing

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Predicate the info bruh! Wifey and I are both black and we been reading about some of the micro aggressions and straight up racism around GR, but I did see some people say that downtown is cool. It’s the surrounding areas that are heavy with the cism, except Kentwood, which we also see a place in Caledonia to rent that look cool.

Still think I’m leaning more towards Kzoo though. 35 minute commute plus not paying a city tax is enticing

Yeah, that is a much better commute. Kalamazoo has been pushing a build up of downtown over the past few years but I think they've been going about it in a bad way which as you mentioned zero city tax among other things. One of the big advantages Kalamazoo has is the promise which if you have kids or plan on having them if you send them to the public schools K-12 they get 4 years of college for free in Michigan.