What are your top 3 Final Fantasy games?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Word? What about 6 makes it a classic?

Rell Shyt

Great large ensemble cast of chracters with a really well done split narrative. Great villain. The first and probably best fusion of the magic meets technology conflict in FF, the first FF that really focused on summons/espers and building their lore around them (Rydia doesn’t really count), fun open world with a lot of different routes, secrets (especially in world of ruin), and narrative choices, which was very new and original for a JRPG series back then.

Tons of different gameplay mechanics, introduction of a “limit break” -like mechanic, RTS sections, characters playing significantly different from each other. Etc

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
All this plus other things about the game is why I say fukk FFX.

Titus didn’t bother me but maybe thats because I was a teenager when it dropped and Titus acted EXACTLY like a teenager in that situation would act/react plus he wasn’t what i’d call a “reluctant hero” he was wayyyyy more proactive and energetic than the FF protagonists I was used too

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't feel that it inherently is.

Nah, definitely better than the original. Could careless about being a purist in that regard. It's just better for several reasons.
If people prefer turn-based combat, that's fine, but anybody acting like FF7R's combat system doesn't have more depth to it is lying to themselves :manny:

Rebirth's combat system is about be some GOAT-tier shyt :obama:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
It was always weird to me seeing the hate Tidus got.

A teenager thrust into in an unknown world who eventually finds out the big ass monster that's wrecking havoc is actually his dad gets called a whiny bytch? :mjlol:

People hardly pay attention to the shyt they play, because 1 thing people never mention in regards to Tidus is that when he found out he wasn't even real and would disappear, he didn't whine or bytch. He carried on and kept it a secret from everyone else till the end.

Dude had hella character development, but a lot of people can't seem to get past their initial first impressions to see that (nikka didn't even whine that much in the game :russ:)
Titus didn’t bother me but maybe thats because I was a teenager when it dropped and Titus acted EXACTLY like a teenager in that situation would act/react plus he wasn’t what i’d call a “reluctant hero” he was wayyyyy more proactive and energetic than the FF protagonists I was used too

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
Great large ensemble cast of chracters with a really well done split narrative. Great villain. The first and probably best fusion of the magic meets technology conflict in FF, the first FF that really focused on summons/espers and building their lore around them (Rydia doesn’t really count), fun open world with a lot of different routes, secrets (especially in world of ruin), and narrative choices, which was very new and original for a JRPG series back then.

Tons of different gameplay mechanics, introduction of a “limit break” -like mechanic, RTS sections, characters playing significantly different from each other. Etc

I appreciate you coming with a detailed response. Let's break it down.

Characters
6's characters imo is the weakest part of the game. You have a roster of close to 20 something characters and only 2 are worth mentioning (Terra & Celes). It has one the most filler rosters you'll find in an Rpg. Who's your favorite character? Shadow the ninja? Cant have a rpg without your generic ninja. The 8 year old painter girl? Definitely necessary to stop big bad Kafka. Maybe Mog? Who doesnt love a playable mascot? I almost forgot the best character Yeti. For those who've never played 6 Yeti is just that a Yeti. No ties to the story no real motivation just a Yeti. Just things thrown in to be thrown in.

 Setting
I agree the whole fusion of magic and technology conflict was dope. Cant argue that but to your next point it was not the first to focus on summons/espers. You show that by bringing up Rydia. You cant bring her up then exclude her like that. The whole summons plotline was an important piece of the story in 4. The game was literally set in motion because of the summoner village. Not to mention it was key to her character development (Which 6 lacks a great deal of).

 Villan
Kafka is one of the worst FF villains. At no point in the game did knock off joker feel menacing,threating or even remotely villainous. He came across as comic relief which Urtos did a better job of. With Seymore for example you felt uneasy. He was menacing from the time you first encountered him. From his dialog to his design to his motivation you knew he was evil as shyt. Not to mention the scene where he whispers to Yuna and she gasps and everyone looks at her. And he walks off just smiling. Or when you find out that his aeon is actually his moms and he just laughs and said it was necessary. That's a villain.

Even though I believe the character roster is ass I will absolutely agree with you that they all did play different from each other and there were alot of different gameplay mechanics introduced. And split world was cool. 6 isn't a bad game it's just not the upper echelon of Final Fantasy.

I wrote this before I seen yo response @Khalil's_Black_Excellence but that go for you to king.

Rell Shyt

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
7, 10, 12. And Tactics, obviously. I don't know why 12 gets so much hate tbh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
7, 10, 12. And Tactics, obviously. I don't know why 12 gets so much hate tbh

It was ahead of its time. Real open world, gambit system, non-weeby political plot line, no love story, non-overly evil villain that constantly undermines the hero, complex characters, fully customizable characters, etc

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I can't pick top 3;
  • FF10 which is pretty much the best FF game all around pre-ps3
  • FFX-2, 13, and 13-3, which are the better battle system of the series.
  • then 14 which 3/5 expansions are written very well.

Last edited: