What are your top 3 Final Fantasy games?

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I appreciate you coming with a detailed response. Let's break it down.

Characters

6's characters imo is the weakest part of the game. You have a roster of close to 20 something characters and only 2 are worth mentioning (Terra & Celes). It has one the most filler rosters you'll find in an Rpg. Who's your favorite character? Shadow the ninja? Cant have a rpg without your generic ninja. The 8 year old painter girl? Definitely necessary to stop big bad Kafka. Maybe Mog? Who doesnt love a playable mascot? I almost forgot the best character Yeti. For those who've never played 6 Yeti is just that a Yeti. No ties to the story no real motivation just a Yeti. Just things thrown in to be thrown in.

 Setting
I agree the whole fusion of magic and technology conflict was dope. Cant argue that but to your next point it was not the first to focus on summons/espers. You show that by bringing up Rydia. You cant bring her up then exclude her like that. The whole summons plotline was an important piece of the story in 4. The game was literally set in motion because of the summoner village. Not to mention it was key to her character development (Which 6 lacks a great deal of).

 Villan
Kafka is one of the worst FF villains. At no point in the game did knock off joker feel menacing,threating or even remotely villainous. He came across as comic relief which Urtos did a better job of. With Seymore for example you felt uneasy. He was menacing from the time you first encountered him. From his dialog to his design to his motivation you knew he was evil as shyt. Not to mention the scene where he whispers to Yuna and she gasps and everyone looks at her. And he walks off just smiling. Or when you find out that his aeon is actually his moms and he just laughs and said it was necessary. That's a villain.

Even though I believe the character roster is ass I will absolutely agree with you that they all did play different from each other and there were alot of different gameplay mechanics introduced. And split world was cool. 6 isn't a bad game it's just not the upper echelon of Final Fantasy.

I wrote this before I seen yo response @Khalil's_Black_Excellence but that go for you to king.

Rell Shyt
Let's.

:demonic:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

FInal Fantay 5 seems like it was huge in Japan. Almost everyone on the staff of XVI has it in their top 3

Hiroshi Takai(Director):
3) FF 10
2) FF 6
1) FF 5
Kazutoyo Maehiro(Creative Director):
3) FF 12
2) FF Tactics
1) FF 5

Ryota Suzuki(Combat Director):
3) FF 5
2) FF 10
1) FF 3 (was his first FF game as a kid)

Yoshi-P:
3) FF7
2) FF3
1) FF1
Minagawa:
3) FF12
2) FF5
1) FF3
Koji:
3) FF14
2) FF11
1) FF5

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I understand and respect that one was about gameplay and perfecting the job system before anything else, but that story was :huhldup:

The music's great though.

I remember i always used to see it in the back of magazines and be mad confused, like “wheres final fantasy 4??:ohhh:” that whole timeline back then as a kid without understanding of how we skipped the original 2, 3 and 5 here was very confusing.

Final_Fantasy_V_Box_JAP.jpg

It was always this image

Flexington

All Star
Daps
7, 10, 12 (even though I hated for the longest due to the zest of Vaan)

Honorable mentions to 9 and 6

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
I remember i always used to see it in the back of magazines and be mad confused, like “wheres final fantasy 4??:ohhh:” that whole timeline back then as a kid without understanding of how we skipped the original 2, 3 and 5 here was very confusing.

Final_Fantasy_V_Box_JAP.jpg

It was always this image
Imagine how you would have felt if it was just a picture of a tree.

A tree.