What are your opinions of Jay-Z Vol.2 Hard Knock Life album?

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Straight trash, I hate that album with a passion. Worst Jay album and it's not even close. :hhh:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Classic
1. Classic Title track still played on radio to this day (HKL)
2. Classic The only song with X & Hov only (Money Cash hoes)(snoop crushed the buildings led to legendary beef)
3. Classic Mase dis (Ride or Die)
4.classic A week ago (a saying used to this day)
5. Classic posse cut (Resevoir Dogs)
6. Classic club records (Money Ain’t ... & Can I... )
7. Classic Jigga What

Easy a classic. Not one weak record.
beats kinda ass now, didn't age properly especially with that track that dame produced :dame:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
imo It's Jay-z first album were he accomplished what he wanted. He always wanted that top commercial appeal and this album got him there.

Don't think it's bad or good. It just did what it was suppose to do.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
I thought Bleek was gonna be the future

That's my answer, life's like cancer
And I'm serious

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Album is dog shyt. This is the album Jay fully sold out on (although he showed signs of that that on Vol 1 with I Know What Girls Like and Sunshine).

Only songs I fukk with are the Bleek Intro (which shouldn't even count cuz its not even a Jay song), A Week Ago and Reservoir Dogs. Hard Knock Life and Jigga What Jigga Who were good songs but are so played out I dont ever wanna hear them again. Can I Get A fukk You beyond played out.

Production is terrible and brings the whole album down. It's Alright is aight, Jay and Bleek came nice, but that retarded ass star trek space laser shyt in the beat brings it down lol.

Don't even get me started on Swizz. His contributions are garbage. Money Cash Hoes might actually be the worst beat of all time.

I can never listen to It's Like That cuz that Cormega joint Fallen Soldiers flipped the sample so much nicer.

Paper Chase gotta be the most bland boring Timbo beat ever. The Aaliyah song on I Am shyts on this. Hell, even You Owe Me has a nicer beat than this.

Money Aint a Thang wild corny. Also Camel and JD in that video was like an overdose of ugly muhfukkas...

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
been listening to this alot lately. album is a bit before my time but i was old enough to realize how big its singles were. as a whole still doesnt sound that dated. even the swizz beats song r good. id rate it a strong 4/5.

Daps
Album is dog shyt. This is the album Jay fully sold out on (although he showed signs of that that on Vol 1 with I Know What Girls Like and Sunshine).

Only songs I fukk with are the Bleek Intro (which shouldn't even count cuz its not even a Jay song), A Week Ago and Reservoir Dogs. Hard Knock Life and Jigga What Jigga Who were good songs but are so played out I dont ever wanna hear them again. Can I Get A fukk You beyond played out.

Production is terrible and brings the whole album down. It's Alright is aight, Jay and Bleek came nice, but that retarded ass star trek space laser shyt in the beat brings it down lol.

Don't even get me started on Swizz. His contributions are garbage. Money Cash Hoes might actually be the worst beat of all time.

I can never listen to It's Like That cuz that Cormega joint Fallen Soldiers flipped the sample so much nicer.

Paper Chase gotta be the most bland boring Timbo beat ever. The Aaliyah song on I Am shyts on this. Hell, even You Owe Me has a nicer beat than this.

Money Aint a Thang wild corny. Also Camel and JD in that video was like an overdose of ugly muhfukkas...

Choke?