What are your opinions of Jay-Z Vol.2 Hard Knock Life album?

Daps
I don't really see the hype around this album like others do. It's a very decent album with some great highlights but I'm not crazy about the rest at all.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Outkast dropped Aquemini also this year crazy.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If the word "classic" means anything now a days, I don't see how this isn't one. I considered one even before that word got extra played.

It's not a perfect album in the least but it was huge and has some great performances on it. This one is a victim of a lot of revisionist history I feel. To be such a "meh" album it was everywhere and plenty people could rap you a lot of those tracks from to back without a fukk up.

:whoo:

Daps
GOAT's best non-classic album (#7 overall), 2nd best album in the GOAT rap trilogy after Vol 1 & best album of 1998.

Amazing project (4.5/5) featurin 90's Hov at his peak in terms of flows AND bars (RD/Vol 1 better lyrically) dropping insane gems/wordplay/entendres/subs/references & skating over more uptempo beats while solidifying his status as HNIC.

Straight bangers from start to finish with minimal filler, dope production & top notch features & content wise an almost perfect combination of flashy fly Playboy Jigga and gritty streetwise Dopeboy Jigga.

Showed GOAT could not only make consistently incredible music but also out rap the illest MC's in the game many of which are now legends.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Hard Knock life
If I die
A week ago
Money cash hoes
Nikka What, Nikka who
Coming of Age Part 2
Can I get A.....

Are the only good songs, rest of the album is trash.
:patrice:considering its only 14 tracks, including the intro (which is fire as well), and Paper Chase, Ride or Die and Money Aint a Thang all being good songs also, kinda don't see how you're not making the OPs case. Thats 11/14 that we can all agree on are at least debatable.

Album is a classic bruh bruh.