What are your favourite "Must Read" books?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things fall apart
A man died
The autobiography of Malcolm x
Animal farm
The great gatsby
The count of monte cristo

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agatha-Christie-And-Then-There-Were-None-Screenshot.jpg

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Yo, I just can't read novels. I've got two degrees and am in IT and got As in calculus and math. But, I can't deal with reading novels. I can read the magazines like Newsweek, Car & Driver, People, US News & World Report, ESPN, The Show, Sports Illustrated, Us Weekly, etc. Maybe I have ADD. I don't know.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Dostoevsky - Brothers Karamazov is probably my favorite novel ever.
I read a lot of the russian classics since I can read in russian.

I'm a big fan of the ASOIAF series as well, I like low fantasy and I think it's as good as it gets.

:yes: russia has the literature game on smash imo, from Dostoevsky, to Tolstoy to Chekov :wow:

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
:yes: russia has the literature game on smash imo, from Dostoevsky, to Tolstoy to Chekov :wow:

YES, they do. I came in to say the brothers k, arguably the greatest book ever. Also, Notes From Underground is really great by him. But you are right they have it on lock back to Pushkin and further, also...Fathers and Sons...Gorky(Mother)...and Nabokov is on the opposite spectrum of lit but my other favorite author. The only Tolstoy I read was a collection of stuff he did before he died which was okay...but by then he was religious and I feel I wasn't getting the Tolstoy I wanted.

I also like Murakami, and some other stuff i'm reading now like wuthering heights and at the lighthouse more aesthetic stuff but i stick with russian lit really.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
YES, they do. I came in to say the brothers k, arguably the greatest book ever. Also, Notes From Underground is really great by him. But you are right they have it on lock back to Pushkin and further, also...Fathers and Sons...Gorky(Mother)...and Nabokov is on the opposite spectrum of lit but my other favorite author. The only Tolstoy I read was a collection of stuff he did before he died which was okay...but by then he was religious and I feel I wasn't getting the Tolstoy I wanted.

I also like Murakami, and some other stuff i'm reading now like wuthering heights and at the lighthouse more aesthetic stuff but i stick with russian lit really.

Yep, our writers are great :youngsabo:

I would certainly suggest Karenina and War and Peace for Tolstoy. Long reads, especially War and Peace but worth the time. Really amazing epics.

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
I've been meaning to read karenina but I'm trying to stray from russian lit a little but crime and punishment is the only doesty thing i haven't read besides letters and shyt so i'ma get to that then Tolstoy.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fiction?

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

No Country For Old Men

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin