What are yall thoughts on Bill Cosby's Pound cake speech??

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Do not talk down to me like I'm a child.

I came from a background were men were the head of the household, who talked the talk and walked the goddman walk.
They weren't out here telling us what not to do and going around and doing people foul.
My main criticism with what you said is that you made it seem like a because a man isn't "excellent" which has not existed, nor has it ever existed; that they themselves are singular the reason for dysfunction in our community
A man born in the year 2001 who sags and talks like a 20-something isn't responsible for generations of children born out of wedlock, violence and economic mismanagement.
I didn't talk to you like a child, I spoke to you directy like a man. What you're saying now is completely different than what you replied before. Also, what you're saying now is completely different than what I said in my original post. Again, the issue isn't the message, it's how you're interpreting it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Dr. Cosby or the strong Black men who I mentioned in my first post said.
Actually, more people need to hear that message today.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I didn't talk to you like a child, I spoke to you directy like a man. What you're saying now is completely different than what you replied before. Also, what you're saying now is completely different than what I said in my original post. Again, the issue isn't the message, it's how you're interpreting it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Dr. Cosby or the strong Black men who I mentioned in my first post said.
Actually, more people need to hear that message today.

And you're talking to hear yourself talk, because overall i agreed with the message.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
And you're talking to hear yourself talk, because overall i agreed with the message.
That's the crazy part. You highlighted the part of your post that said you agreed with him, but then you took time out of your day to call it "bullshyt and part of the problem".
I guess we both are just talking to hear ourselves talk.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
That's the crazy part. You highlighted the part of your post that said you agreed with him, but then you took time out of your day to call it "bullshyt and part of the problem".
I guess we both are just talking to hear ourselves talk.

I called what YOU SAID, bullshyt.

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
I get you, but let's also keep in mind that the retaliatory shooting is done to keep the gang's brand strong and keep competition out of the territory. If you're a shooter in the gang and you're good at what you do, you're getting paid at least more than you'd get if you had to stand behind a register and endure abuse from entitled customers who will literally attack.

You got to keep in mind some of these "Bangers" work at regular jobs too, that includes fast food.

I know Dudes personally that are "Bangers" that worked low wage jobs, even some who were in college and church.

Most "Gang Bangers" ain't making any money.

Most are "Gang Affiliated" due to Family, or the neighborhood they grew up in.

I know Dudes who got locked up for shooting, as well as too many who got killed for being "Affiliated".

bnew

Veteran
Daps
THE PROBLEM IS SOME PEOPLE ARE STUCK ON "WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE REASON WE ARE LIKE THIS". THEY WILL SAY WHITE PEOPLE ARE RESPONSIBLE AND THEY SHOULD FIX IT. THINGS WILL NEVER GET FIXED WAITING FOR WHITE PEOPLE.

we not waiting on white people and you make it sound like they stopped attacking us.

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Clearly they do otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to respond to them.

Once again: Are you god?
To answer your question directly, yes. I am.

That being said, there's no need for us to keep going back and forth, Ricky. This thread topic is important, and I don't want tp derail it; I have better things to do, and I hope that you do, too.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
we not wiating on white poeple and you make it sound like they stopped attacking us.

WHAT PLAN FOR BLACK PEOPLE AS A WHOLE HAS BEEN PRESENTED AND ENACTED WITHOUT EXPECTING EXTERNAL HELP? THE NATION OF ISLAM HAS THE CLOSEST THING TO A SELF CONTAINED ECOSYSTEM FOR BLACK PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY.

WHITE PEOPLE'S CURRENT ATTACKS WOULD BE IRRELEVANT IF WE SEVERED OUR DEPENDENCE ON THEM.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I lost hella respect for Bill Cosby after he criticized a black college student for not doing academically well in his college classes. And that same man went off feeling like he was a failure, and died feeling that same way too.

Here's the link to this story:

Dean Brown died back in 2012.

"After college, Brown was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts and also spent time with the San Diego Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs. After football, he worked for about a decade in Chicago, then was dean of an inner-city charter school in Washington, D.C., the Canton (Ohio) Repository reported after his death. At the time of his death, he was serving as a school principal in Cleveland."

Where did you here he died feeling like a failure?

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I legit have never heard this speech and won't start today. I will say this...if you are trying to bring something to the comminity as far as kicking knowledge it has to be nonjudgemental and presented in a humorous way or it gets tuned out. :manny:

Folks bringing respectability politics into the discussion. :snoop: