What are some grown up shows or movies you watched that you had no business watching as a kid?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
in 8th grade our teachers decided it would be a good idea to have us watch Schlinder's List
of course it was a heavy movie for kids and I went to a catholic

imagine how awkward it is seeing random titties watching a movie with your mom
now imagine how awkward that is seeing holocaust titties in catholic gymnasium with classmates and teachers...suprisingly the students were good but the teachers were the ones on edge and realizing they fukked up
That reminds me. My history teacher played A Time To Kill and made us write an essay about it in the 10th grade. My whole class was silent because it was so demonic. We were disgusted and was talking about how much it ruined our days

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
i use to watch a lot of comedy central when i was still in grade school. nothing too risque on there but i was thinking earlier today while i was making a reservation for theWOODS in West Hollywood how i use to watch Bill Maher as a middle schooler and actually listen to the discussions. i wouldn't say i didn't have any business watching them but it's pretty weird to see a 6th grade sitting in his room after school watching people have political discussions

it was really just the presentation and the humor attached that made it easy for me to watch
I used to watch philosophical and religious debates on YouTube in middle school and even read Albert Camus Nietzche when I was 12 or 13. I was quite the intellectual haha

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
My parents were teenagers when I was a kid, so I didn’t have any restrictions on what I could or couldn’t watch.

I think I saw Belly in it’s entirety when I was like 6, Friday, Pulp Fiction, all the classic horror. I’ve never actually seen any of the classic Disney movies from the 90s due to this. Monday Night Raw during the attitude era was some shyt I regularly watched with my dad

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
1qSJUd.gif

giphy.gif

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
My Dad didn’t really give af considering that me borrow his CDs when I was in the 4th Grade…

He let me watch Cocaine City and Smack DVD. It made me realize that a lot of rappers were fugazi.

In the early days of world star, my cousin showed me videos of Max B beating up Jim Jones while he was trying to drive away.

EVILRICO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
American Me
A lot of HBO late night shows.
Spawn series
Hookers on something point , I forgot what it was called.
My 12 year old ass ,trying to understand-why this guy is letting his wife blow strangers in the car:what:

Daps
Showgirls
Striptease

:shaq:

When I was old enough to watch Showgirls and know exactly what I was watching, I can’t believe I saw it as young as I did. I think I watched it as soon as it was on premium cable after the VHS came out. Yes, I’m that old.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ren & Stimpy was a little bit before my time and I don't remember it being on syndication/reruns at all on Nickelodeon. Was it really that bad? :picard:

Yes.

The fukk'n show creator originally ruined mighty mouse and got mighty mouse banned. When mighty mouse relaunched when I was a kid.

I hated the show creator with a passion after that and i hated Ren and Stimpy. Most of those mtv delinquent cartoons and shows I hated.
Felt they were no talents fe I m nepotism being put on. Seems jackass exactly was that type of show. Made as nepotism based propaganda on mtv viacom programming too.

Like all that no talent programming was systemic.

Parent groups insisted that Mighty could encourage children to become coke fiends, pressuring CBS to cut the scene for future airings. The controversy tainted the show, leading to its cancellation mid-way through season two.

Kricfalusi and bakshi needed to stick to their brand of cartoons. Instead of fukkin up mighty mouse. Now mighty mouse and a lot of great cartoons came under those weak ass parents group grumbling. Which were probably udc based and why things are the way they are now.

Art Barr

Last edited:

RehReh

🖤GhettoDolly🖤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Fresh
Belly
Shottas
Nightmare On Elm St
Candyman
Beavis and Butthead
South Park
White Men Can't Jump
Face Off (the trauma runs deep on this one)
Sally Jesse Rapheal (grown ass topics)
BET uncut

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Start from the beginning

Conan : moms learned early on about vettinf movies I asked to see. I was like nineteen.
before I found out my why my eyes were covered at four.

Lone ranger : I never got to see this as a kid. As a result of Conan. When I saw it as an adult. I could see why I got the hell nah for asking to see this.

Excalibur ; I turned the hood on to watching this. Early in the morning using the on tv box.

Terminator : there were specific times watching this movie as a shawty. I had to tell myself. I see why I was not allowed to see this.

Purple rain : my friend father got cussed out by all the mothers for taking us to see this afterwards. During the movie. It was a number of times. As a shawty. I was real enough to say. I was in over my head. Yet seeing first avenue then. Must have created a drive to rock first avenue as an adult. Then I did it and kinda lost all drive to rock any venue afterward. So purple rain is a wild ride. When I revisit how I saw that underage.

Nightmare on elm street : the alley scene. Did me horrifically bad.
I was paranoid about the alley rven moreso. As back then it was a rite of passage. To navigate alleys and spin big boys to steal their neighbor hood vinyl no rat signs. So that totally made that shyt next level scary. Plus the threat of getting caught worse. To keep it thorough to not get caught.

Nightmare on elm street ii: the cookout scene fukked me up.
I snuck to watch that before school and was all fukked up just walking near grass.

Those were the only ones i remember being such a big deal content wise. That i remember distinctly as a kid. Saying to myself. I see why my parents.

said i could not see this at the time.

Art Barr