What are some grown up shows or movies you watched that you had no business watching as a kid?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
When I was in elementary and middle school, I watched Keeping Up With Kardashians, the Girls Next Door, Bad Girl's Club, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. With KUWTK, I literally grew up with Kylie and Kendall as we were around the same age. I used to think Hugh Hefner was a cool ass dude, living in a mansion with three model girlfriends :snoop:

I also watched Scarface when I was 8 and was :leon: . I think I also saw Foxy Brown too around that same time.

My parents were good and well-meaning, they just had no idea about parental control on TV and the internet and my bad ass was sneaking behind their backs watching those at night

EDIT: George Lopez, Malcolm in the Middle, and Everybody Hates Chris also went double platinum in my bedroom tv :bryan:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
shyt heres a kid show that i shouldnt of been watching as a kid: Ren and Stimpy.

That shyt was on nickeloden
Ren & Stimpy was a little bit before my time and I don't remember it being on syndication/reruns at all on Nickelodeon. Was it really that bad? :picard:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i use to watch a lot of comedy central when i was still in grade school. nothing too risque on there but i was thinking earlier today while i was making a reservation for theWOODS in West Hollywood how i use to watch Bill Maher as a middle schooler and actually listen to the discussions. i wouldn't say i didn't have any business watching them but it's pretty weird to see a 6th grade sitting in his room after school watching people have political discussions

it was really just the presentation and the humor attached that made it easy for me to watch

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
All in the Family, SOAP, Three's Company, Roots, The Gong Show, The Benny Hill Show, Jaws, Dawn of the Dead, Zombie 2, Cannibal Holocaust, The Fog, The Entity, Phantasm, Friday: The 13th, Halloween, Alien, The Amityville Horror, When a Stranger Calls, The Hills Have Eyes, The Shining.

There's a few more, but I saw all these before I was 10 years old.​

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:yeshrug:Nothing. I didn't really have parents that restricted my media. I watched rated R movies growing up, I watched HBO with my parents. I don't ever remember a time they said I couldn't watch something due to the content other than Gangsta rap cuz they didnt want to hear it but they never regulated my media.

But on the other hand I wasn't generally a kid who would run out and imitate dangerous shyt I saw on TV so maybe it was a give and take thing.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Probably Dexter. Watching a show about a deranged serial killer working towards covering his tracks and hiding his psychotic tendecies was not a good look. I started to relate to some of that shyt :whoa:

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
in 8th grade our teachers decided it would be a good idea to have us watch Schlinder's List
of course it was a heavy movie for kids and I went to a catholic

imagine how awkward it is seeing random titties watching a movie with your mom
now imagine how awkward that is seeing holocaust titties in catholic gymnasium with classmates and teachers...suprisingly the students were good but the teachers were the ones on edge and realizing they fukked up