Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Finished Dead Leaves(ova)-52 minutes
Pandy and Retro awaken naked on Earth with no recollection of their past.
It feels difficult to even talk about this ova, I took a while to reflect on it. Not because of anything 'deep' or it being so powerful that it hit me hard. It was just the manic pace of it and the way it's all animated.

The OVA moves at a constant pace and the violence is done so over the top and it just kept moving. It's full of gun battles, dikk jokes, fart jokes, over the top deaths and madness. It's hard to even give an opinion about. I'd say its worth at least 1 watch to experience the craziness of it, the only thing I can think of that comes close to it is something like FLCL(which the director did 1 episode of).

The actual story isn't necessarily confusing or hard to follow but it's the way it's told visually that makes it. It's something I'm full aware that many won't like(like FLCL) but I still think it's worth it to see how insane it is. It's extremely over the top, the craziness of it is something that could only be done in animation. It moves as if the goal was to ensure you wouldn't get bored, it's a crazy trip.

Smiley description: :blink: :huh: :violent: :bustback::weirdo: :ohmy: :blink: :bustback::bustback::unsure::bustback::blink: :huh: :unsure:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jojo got this anime shyt on it's back right now. Only show I've been following faithfully week to wee that past 2-3 seasons
Jojo is pure fukkury

Koichi's stand is #HOH :dead:

That shyt cracked me the hell up, wasn't expecting it at all.

"Master, lets kill da hooooooooo!!!!"

"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody else watching Yuri on Ice?

Its an sports anime about male figure skating and its pretty good tbh. Just be aware though that there is HEAVY gay subtext so if youre not comfortable with that then you should probably skip it.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
ok i finally started watching the fall anime shows i told myself i would....drifters :wow: thats the violent piff i needed thank you based hellsing creators :ahh:

the only other show i watched was the mature yu gi oh/fate stay-ish show soul buster...it was ok :ehh:

still gotta watch occultic and continue stray dogs

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Finished: Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva(99 minute film)
Layton receives a letter from the famed opera singer, Jenis Quatlane, inviting them to see her newest performance. She also asks Layton, Luke and Remi for assistance in a mystery, saying her friend Melina died one year ago, but returned later as a seven year old girl saying she had found the secret of eternal life, and she also knew all the secrets that only the true Melina could know. Naturally, the case fascinates Layton and his apprentice, so they head to the Crown Petone opera house, but Remi stays in London, searching for some girls that went missing in there.
This film is beautifully animated, every thing looks smooth and clean even with the small amounts of cg. The plot unfolds well and has the charm of a classic Disney or Studio Ghibli film. What takes place is a mystery which turns into an adventure with spiritual elements involved.

I have never played the games though they have always intrigued me, happy to say that you don't have to play them to enjoy the film. As elements from the game are in the movie but nothing in the film spoils the games. The music accompanies the story well, the voice acting(dub) is also well done. It's mostly a subdued film with fantastical elements rather than the other way around. The characters are pretty likable and I liked the tone of the film as well, its pretty light but can go another way at times but it doesn't feel like a genre shift when it does. Instead it feels like a natural direction to take the story. It's not super serious but it takes its plot seriously, if that makes any sense. It's a light adventure but the danger involved is clear, it just doesn't get overly dark about it. What you get is a drama, mystery, adventure similar to that of The Great Mouse Detective, Tintin and even Columbo in some ways. Recommended.

Smiley description: :huh: :handshake: :slapfight: :popcorn3: :sad:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Anybody else watching Yuri on Ice?

Its an sports anime about male figure skating and its pretty good tbh. Just be aware though that there is HEAVY gay subtext so if youre not comfortable with that then you should probably skip it.

I'm watching it, mostly because it's directed by Yamamoto Sayo who is one of the more interesting directors in anime today. So far the show hasn't disappointed either, there's so much attention to detail (like the way the Russian Yuri dresses) that everything just clicks.