Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
It's not a contradiction cause Akame ga Kill actually gives you a reason to care about the characters before killing them off and they die during or as a result of a battle. They said it from the start, every assassin's past eventually catches up to them, and thats what happens. One of the problems with most Shounens is they won't kill anybody. You could not have made Akame ga Kill without the deaths, that would not have made any sense. It's about two teams of assassins going to war of course people are gonna be killed. Another just kills people you never seen before in fukked up ways for no reason. I didn't feel anything when anyone in Another died but
I was :mjcry: when Kurome, Mine, and Bulat's past caught up with them

How is Esdeath a "Mary Sue character"? She wasn't depicted as being perfect by any means.
She loses in the end, what's "Mary Sue" about that?

Steins;Gate is garbage breh they threw in the most forced romance at the end between two characters who never showed any interest in each other before all of a sudden saying "I love you" just to add more drama to the character being killed only to be saved by time travel. That's whats cringe worthy. A lot of series do it but if you kill a character they need to stay dead dude in Steins;Gate fails to save his friend 50 times but she still lives in the end cause of time travel. Other problems with Steins;Gate like how the fukk are four people who post on the same message board living or working within one building?
And when their looking for Suzuha's dad of course it happens to be someone we already know, same thing with that FB or whatever her name was being Mr. Braun, how convenient that everyone important is in one building.
It's lazy story telling.

What is the interesting twist in Steins;Gate? I don't remember any twist and I just watched it:patrice:

Why does Kyon do everything Haruhi tells him to do if he hates it so much? He's her bytch, he's not fukking and she's not his mother. A man would tell her to :camby:I can't blame Haruhi for taking advantage of him cause I would do the same thing. How are you gonna be a man, but let your female friend order you around? And its her club, Kyon can leave it at any time he wants if he doesn't like it, so can everyone else. He even admits that he loves being part of the SOS Brigade toward the end of the movie, but he still complains about it constantly.

Esdeath was pretty invinsible at the beginning. Of course she's an antagonist, she's bound to lose so they pulled a Deus Ex Machina . And Chelsea's death was so bullshyt. How did those henchmen came out of nowhere? And let's not forget some non-important deaths that have zero relevance to the story. What about the two innocent couple and one is pregnant that was brutally killed for no reason. Or the female noble who got her face peeled?

Shounen shows won't kill characters because its.... shounen, aimed for younger audiences :troll:. If you want death filled stories, go watch seinen series instead like Hellsing and Berserk or even AoT and Tokyo Ghoul.

There are some shonen series that actually kill characters. Im sure you watch One Piece and Naruto, they have killed some important characters at one point, but not brutally stupid as Akame.

Steins;Gate's romance is forced? :mjlol: Yeah, just like Esdeath's infatuation with Tatsumi or Mine suddenly starts to date him out of nowhere when everyone was probably shipping him with Akame.

Just because you like the club and its activities, that doesn't mean you like taking orders from anyone. Its like you joined a basketball club so you play basketball but ended up turning into towel and water boy.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
Esdeath was pretty invinsible at the beginning. Of course she's an antagonist, she's bound to lose so they pulled a Deus Ex Machina . And Chelsea's death was so bullshyt. How did those henchmen came out of nowhere? And let's not forget some non-important deaths that have zero relevance to the story. What about the two innocent couple and one is pregnant that was brutally killed for no reason. Or the female noble who got her face peeled?

Shounen shows won't kill characters because its.... shounen, aimed for younger audiences :troll:. If you want death filled stories, go watch seinen series instead like Hellsing and Berserk or even AoT and Tokyo Ghoul.

There are some shonen series that actually kill characters. Im sure you watch One Piece and Naruto, they have killed some important characters at one point, but not brutally stupid as Akame.

Steins;Gate's romance is forced? : Mjlol: Yeah, just like Esdeath's infatuation with Tatsumi or Mine suddenly starts to date him out of nowhere when everyone was probably shipping him with Akame.

Just because you like the club and its activities, that doesn't mean you like taking orders from anyone. Its like you joined a basketball club so you play basketball but ended up turning into towel and water boy.
So villains can't be built up to be invincible in the beginning? Every shounen does this to make it look like the hero might lose.

Kurome summoned her henchmen to kill Chelsea, their summons she can summon them out of nowhere. Thats how summoning works in all anime that has it.

I didn't say I wanted deaths, but you've got all these people with super powers constantly fighting and barely any deaths. Akame ga Kill is more realistic.

I'll give you some of those less important character deaths but unlike Another those were to build up the killer as a bad person, where as in Another there was no real reason for people to be dying as often as they did in the last few episodes other than shock value.

Esdeath and Tatsumi and Mine and Tatsumi were both built up it could of been done better but there were hints to Mine liking Tatsumi where as Okabe and Kurisu were never shown to like each other or teased at all and they were suddenly saying I love you, with Okabe saying someone he's known for two or three weeks is the most important person in the world to him, more so than Mayuri who he's been friends with forever.

I agree that you can like the club but not like taking orders, but thats what I was saying Kyon can easily tell Haruhi to fukk off, he doesn't have to agree to do what she wants. The main reason I dislike him so much is he agrees to do what she says, then he complains to us the viewers about it an we're supposed to sympathize with him. I can't sympathize with someone agreeing to do something they don't want to do and don't have to do and being mad at someone else for it.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
So villains can't be built up to be invincible in the beginning? Every shounen does this to make it look like the hero might lose.

Kurome summoned her henchmen to kill Chelsea, their summons she can summon them out of nowhere. Thats how summoning works in all anime that has it.

I didn't say I wanted deaths, but you've got all these people with super powers constantly fighting and barely any deaths. Akame ga Kill is more realistic.

I'll give you some of those less important character deaths but unlike Another those were to build up the killer as a bad person, where as in Another there was no real reason for people to be dying as often as they did in the last few episodes other than shock value.

Esdeath and Tatsumi and Mine and Tatsumi were both built up it could of been done better but there were hints to Mine liking Tatsumi where as Okabe and Kurisu were never shown to like each other or teased at all and they were suddenly saying I love you, with Okabe saying someone he's known for two or three weeks is the most important person in the world to him, more so than Mayuri who he's been friends with forever.

I agree that you can like the club but not like taking orders, but thats what I was saying Kyon can easily tell Haruhi to fukk off, he doesn't have to agree to do what she wants. The main reason I dislike him so much is he agrees to do what she says, then he complains to us the viewers about it an we're supposed to sympathize with him. I can't sympathize with someone agreeing to do something they don't want to do and don't have to do and being mad at someone else for it.

People wouldn't die in Another if they weren't so stupid and fixated on killing Mei. And there was no actual killer in it. It was just a curse that happens to be carried by the deceased teacher and unintentionally spreaded those on the students. Like someone said earlier, it is Final Destination, the anime version. I'll give you the umbrella death, that one is stupid. Who the fukk would bring one with such a dangerous point?

Okabe have built a bond with Kurisu in his every time leap. Sure, they look like they hate each other, but they actually respect another one. Its just a running gag their group is pulling. She was always at his support, everytime he messed up on saving Mayuri. And Kurisu's affection just happened carried over to her other timeline's personality, despite not remembering what happened on previous timelines. I think that's enough reason to like each other.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
People wouldn't die in Another if they weren't so stupid and fixated on killing Mei. And there was no actual killer in it. It was just a curse that happens to be carried by the deceased teacher and unintentionally spreaded those on the students. Like someone said earlier, it is Final Destination, the anime version. I'll give you the umbrella death, that one is stupid. Who the fukk would bring one with such a dangerous point?

Okabe have built a bond with Kurisu in his every time leap. Sure, they look like they hate each other, but they actually respect another one. Its just a running gag their group is pulling. She was always at his support, everytime he messed up on saving Mayuri. And Kurisu's affection just happened carried over to her other timeline's personality, despite not remembering what happened on previous timelines. I think that's enough reason to like each other.
Everyone trying to kill Mei was so stupid, although she was sort of responsible for all the deaths since she didn't tell anyone who the extra classmate was, but they didn't know that. The umbrella death, the boat death in the beach episode, and the lightning striking the glass causing it to shatter and kill Izumi were all really stupid. The students in class C didn't try that hard to find out who the extra was either.

I can definitely see how Okabe and Kurisu could have developed a relationship during that time, but they didn't from what we had seen on the show. If they had dropped little hints (blushing goes a long way) after every couple Mayuri deaths I wouldn't of had a problem with it but it came completely out of nowhere and was honestly unnecessary. Why couldn't Okabe having to choose between two friends (Mayuri and Kurisu) have been enough drama? It felt like they added a relationship at the end to try to appeal to the romance crowd and as part of that crowd it just seemed forced.

Thierry Henry

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Emirates Stadium
I forgot the 2nd season of IBO started already..gonna catch up later tonight

My brother was re-watching FMA:Brotherhood this weekend so I just sat down and watched with him. I was able to watch ep. 37-42 and I forgot just how good this anime is. Although, I had to ask hella questions cause it's been 4 years since the last time I seen it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So I'm about to finish Macross Delta and like... If you're a Macross fanboy (I'm one shamelessly, for better or for worse...) it was legit. The way they connect it to the original was kinda out of left field but whatever.

Better than Frontier in some ways, worse in others.

Just shows how starved Macross fans are more than anything.