Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
why is yusuke urameshi on the coli instead of solving a case:jbhmm:
so many unanswered questions :jbhmm:
Funny enough I'm 88 episodes into Yu Yu ( never watched it in full during the toonami days)

The Sensui arc is excellent :wow:

The characters involved, the music, feel, it's such a great contrast to the Dark Tourney Arc

Keiko just randomly saying Yuseke name anytime anywhere now :pachaha:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Funny enough I'm 88 episodes into Yu Yu ( never watched it in full during the toonami days)

The Sensui arc is excellent :wow:

The characters involved, the music, feel, it's such a great contrast to the Dark Tourney Arc

Keiko just randomly saying Yuseke name anytime anywhere now :pachaha:
Strolling in a town, with a faceless crowd...

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Finished Black Lagoon(24 episodes) + Roberta's Blood Trail(5 Episode OVA)
The story follows a team of pirate mercenaries known as Lagoon Company, that smuggles goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia in the early to mid 1990s. Their base of operations is located in the fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand (somewhere in the Amphoe Mueang Trat district, likely on the mainland north/northeast of the Ko Chang island or on the island itself). The island is home to the Yakuza, the Triad, the Russian mafia, the Colombian and French cartels, and a wide assortment of pickpockets, thugs, mercenaries, thieves, prostitutes, assassins, and Gunmen of all sorts.
Action, guns, car chases, blood, chaos, you get all of that and more with this series. The series is full of various interesting characters throughout, all of them are good characters but none of them are good people(you understand why some took this path though). Rock and Reby are usually the pair of characters focused on but there's an assortment of other characters on all sides(friend and foe) who are showcased throughout the show. The show can get pretty messed up at times but that's to be implied considering the location and background of the characters involved, it gets dark but the comes with territory of it being in the action/crime genre.

As far as comparisons go, I'd compare the show to the following: The Wire, The Sopranos, Fargo(the series), it may not seem like my comparisons make sense but as the series goes along you will see what I'm saying. Obviously there's plenty of anime craziness in here so my comparison cannot be taken 100% literally, as it's far more over the top(as anime usually is). However as the series progresses the comparisons start to become more apparent especially in the second half. There's good character development of the two leads and the supporting characters remain interesting and entertaining. You have your crime drama, action and espionage combined with good characters, dialogue and action packed moments.

Roberta's Blood Trail is the OVA, it still retains the action but because of who the story focuses on the tone of the show can veer off into war and horror at some point. Once you find out who the title character is you'll know what I'm talking about, it fits in with the rest of the show and because of what happened you see how far she's willing to go. You get to find out a little more about her in this OVA too, the rest of the crew isn't left out either.

Recommend.
Smiley description: :bustback: :ohmy::handshake: :bustback::weirdo: :ohmy: :bustback: :cheers: :violent::popcorn::bustback:

Last edited:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished the first season of Space Dandy...blown away by it's sheer creativity

I'm talking about a ramen shop on top of an asteroid in an alternate dimension that delivers food directly through a wormhole

An entire planet of zombies living a day to day, peaceful life void of crime using yogurt as a substitute for meat to end world hunger. Then life insurance companies try to hire snipers to kill them before they file claims

An entire planet of plants that have evolved into able bodied organisms and created an organized civilization. Concepts of microbiology are cleverly interwoven into their designs and dialogue

A vaccum and coffee maker robot fall in love....then the coffee maker gets recalled and the vaccum has to rescue her from a planet where rejected robots plot to get revenge on mandkind by forming a giant trash megazord

Understand why some people find Space Dandy to be stupid, but to me it's nothing short of brilliant. Took the concept of space exploration and tossed a billion unique ideas into it with jaw dropping animation and character designs

9/10 I hear the 2nd season is even better

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Finished the first season of Space Dandy...blown away by it's sheer creativity

I'm talking about a ramen shop on top of an asteroid in an alternate dimension that delivers food directly through a wormhole

An entire planet of zombies living a day to day, peaceful life void of crime using yogurt as a substitute for meat to end world hunger. Then life insurance companies try to hire snipers to kill them before they file claims

An entire planet of plants that have evolved into able bodied organisms and created an organized civilization. Concepts of microbiology are cleverly interwoven into their designs and dialogue

A vaccum and coffee maker robot fall in love....then the coffee maker gets recalled and the vaccum has to rescue her from a planet where rejected robots plot to get revenge on mandkind by forming a giant trash megazord

Understand why some people find Space Dandy to be stupid, but to me it's nothing short of brilliant. Took the concept of space exploration and tossed a billion unique ideas into it with jaw dropping animation and character designs

9/10 I hear the 2nd season is even better
It reminds me of Rick and Morty

peppe

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
im pretty open minded this season because of it's lack of anime that I like so I have been watching every first episode that has come out.

For this saturday a few new ones came out.

Shuumatsu No Izetta - Watch
grabbed my attention will have to wait until the next episode to be sure if I'm going to pick it up.

WWW.Working! - Watch
looks like fukkery, chaotic and will probably watch.

Bubuki Buranki - Probation
conflicted about this one apparently it's the second season but I'm not feeling this goddamn 3D, I will admit it's far better then berserk 3D.

Bloodivores - Probation
didn't recognize the studio that made the anime but it seems lower budget. I think with the right studio this could be a good anime. I was ready to drop it until is saw the last 5 min and the preview, ill have to check it out next week.

Time Bokan 24 NOPE

Kaijuu Girls NOPE

Nyanbo! NOPE

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bubuki Buranki is trash breh. But keep fighting the good fight
im pretty open minded this season because of it's lack of anime that I like so I have been watching every first episode that has come out.

For this saturday a few new ones came out.

Shuumatsu No Izetta - Watch
grabbed my attention will have to wait until the next episode to be sure if I'm going to pick it up.

WWW.Working! - Watch
looks like fukkery, chaotic and will probably watch.

Bubuki Buranki - Probation
conflicted about this one apparently it's the second season but I'm not feeling this goddamn 3D, I will admit it's far better then berserk 3D.

Bloodivores - Probation
didn't recognize the studio that made the anime but it seems lower budget. I think with the right studio this could be a good anime. I was ready to drop it until is saw the last 5 min and the preview, ill have to check it out next week.

Time Bokan 24 NOPE

Kaijuu Girls NOPE

Nyanbo! NOPE