Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished: Mushishi(26 episodes)<--Apparently there's a second season but I'll wait a while before getting to it.

Good show, it's not episodic in nature though sometimes there's references to past episodes. More of a chill series, though a few episodes venture off into the creepy nature of the Mushi. One episode in particular felt like a Twilight Zone episode, there's a good bit of sad episodes in here too. You get to see how the Mushi effects different people in various ways and how it effects their relationships with others. There's some very cool ideas in this show too.

In order to hopefully give a feeling of the show, here are some of the ideas explored.

"A boy whose drawings, if drawn by his left hand, come to life."
"A farmer whose dreams become reality"
"A mysterious girl who is seen in a swamp which moves by itself."
"A boy who somehow has horns growing on his head is fated to die like his mother, who suffered of the same problem."

The ideas are explored well in the stories told. I recommend the show, however I feel you need to be in the mood for it. The slow nature of the show might turn some people off. I like the main character but the show itself isn't necessarily about him, he's investigating unusual cases caused by Mushi and you're basically along for the ride as he helps others.
Smiley description: :merchant:, :dwillhuh:, :lupe:,:mjcry:

Thanks for the write up. I thought about giving this jawn a try a while back and never got around to it.

yo berserk is fukkED UP brehs....sheesh
Yall just now realizing this? :mjlol: This shyt was :whoa: all the way back when Gut's "pops" let him get raped by that dude. I mean my dude got catfished smashing a demon in the first damn chapter.

It's been years since I read this part in the manga though I forgot how demonic the whole priest arc was. Nothing beats the rape horse tho
Anyone watch Negima!? Or Black Cat? Are they any good?
i got a soft spot for black cat since it was the first manga I read to completetion. It has a pretty straightforward story arc with not a ton of twists and turns so people consider it somewhat generic but I really liked the characters and the story. Worth a watch, the anime is decent.

As for negima I reccomend you just read it. It starts out as a wack ass comedy/harem series and turns shounen down the line. It takes 3 arcs for the shounen part to hit it's stride but when it does the fights are really good. Characters are decent but theres no way in hell I would sit through the harem portion of the show.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I hate fanservice.

Honestly, I love yuri in shows, as long as it's not acted upon or outright shown. (Stuff like Mnemosyne and the Saki mahjong series)

But constant closeups on t*ts, ass and panty shots or girls with DDDD breast sizes I can do without.

I always skip beach episodes.

shyt just isn't needed.

And yes, the current sub-trend of (not)incest anime shyt needs to die and die slowly.

So basically

You be watching these jawns with one hand on the mouse looking like:shaq::takedat:

:russ::deadrose:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Thanks for the write up. I thought about giving this jawn a try a while back and never got around to it.

Yall just now realizing this? :mjlol: This shyt was :whoa: all the way back when Gut's "pops" let him get raped by that dude. I mean my dude got catfished smashing a demon in the first damn chapter.

It's been years since I read this part in the manga though I forgot how demonic the whole priest arc was. Nothing beats the rape horse tho

Wait a minute:snoop:

Let me stop you right there sir:francis:

Did you just say that Guts got raped as a kid?:what:

And "rape horse"?:dahell:

WHAT THE fukk ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???:damn:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Read the manga bro this shyt is demonic.

Rape horse was already in the anime they just edited out his dikk
giphy.gif

tumblr_newzcjYGJJ1rnu9s0o1_500.png

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

Berserk.

It had 3 parts before this 3D series that showed the beginning of the Manga up until this current 3D series which continues after the 3rd part.

Last edited:

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
/
I only watched the first episode and the first movie and I wasn't feeling it that much either. But everyone says it gets better
Honestly the ppl telling me it's gotten better are just Z stans who wont let go. I know the first two arcs are about the two new movies but I've caught alittle bit of after it and it just looks like the same ole same old but just dont not as well. The animation WOAT IMO so thats that and they have made Gohan a complete dork, so that's off putting.

I actually just started Mushishi myself, on episode 5 it's weird because it seems boring but intriguing at the same time

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Nah it took the leap from gritty and dark when Griffith transformed. I had no clue what I had signed up for when I watched the anime :mjcry:
True, its hard to tell if it being realistic when it comes to worlds ruled by actual demons or just being fukked up for the sake of being fukked up. :wow:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy shyt!!:huhldup:

So the horse? :merchant:

In the manga..... is that as far as he went? He didnt.......... penetrate did he?:damn:

Nah it ended the same way it did in the anime. Look at Guts eyes in the bottom panel, he wasn't having none of that shyt. Hacked his head clean off.
/

Honestly the ppl telling me it's gotten better are just Z stans who wont let go. I know the first two arcs are about the two new movies but I've caught alittle bit of after it and it just looks like the same ole same old but just dont not as well. The animation WOAT IMO so thats that and they have made Gohan a complete dork, so that's off putting

This. The only improvement is the actual original content instead of it being a low budget poorly animated retelling of those movies. It really hasn't separated itself from GT yet at all, it's even worse in some areas. Dudes just convincing themselves they like it to try and recapture the feeling.
Nah it took the leap from gritty and dark when Griffith transformed. I had no clue what I had signed up for when I watched the anime :mjcry:

Yeah. I first heard about it after catching up to Hunter X Hunter during one of it's hiatuses thinking it was the rawest shyt ever. Killua ripping hearts out literally and nikkas getting their heads snatched clean off. Then somebody was like "You never read Berserk? :mjpls:"

The golden age arc had to be the some of grittiest shyt I ever read in a manga. It's you'd be hard pressed to find a fictional character with a life more fukked up than Guts. Smashing casca was his lone W in a sea of L's.
True, its hard to tell if it being realistic when it comes to worlds ruled by actual demons or just being fukked up for the sake of being fukked up. :wow:

shyt was pretty fukked up before the demons took over too :francis: