Daps
One of my fav animes by far but I can see why some aren't feeling it. Stardust Crusaders also suffers from the main protagonist being outshined by the others. Not much to Jotaro honestly tho dude does have swag. One reason I love Part 4 is that Josuke isn't outshined like Jotaro was and is a stronger character I feel.

DIO is def one of the GOAT villains tho. It can't be argued if u watched the series :wow:

Yes, Joseph is so far the best...... not sure if I like Young Joe or Old Joe better cuz both were dope.

I never read the manga and gonna stay away from it cuz watching the eps fresh is dope, so I'm still learning about Josuke. He's ok so far. Jotaro was better than Jonathan but I think that was kinda circumstantial

Jotaro was based off of Clint Eastwood. That's why he's so Stoic.
97635811280.jpg

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
I probably shouldn't say 'better'. I just liked it more. The monster of the week stuff they were running with a LOT of forgettable dudes in part 3 just wore me out a bit.

Man it's a toss up for me!! Both were great for different reasons.

I loved the Pillar Men but the fukkery of Jotaro crew and the hunt was off the hook!

Better protagonist...check
Intelligent battles...check
fukkery...check
More memorable villains...check
Better story progression...check

Part 3 is good but part 2 gets the edge for me

I like both parts but I think Jojo just gets better with each iteration. I originally dropped part 1 cause it just wasn't that good but kept with it off the strength of it's rep. Part 2 got good with Pillar men but it had a lot of asspuls and didn't even really explain the pillar men very well. Part 3 stands at first had me in doubt, but the creativity of battles and Dio alone really made it better IMO. People say they grew tired of some of it but I think only like 3 fights wasn't worth our time and everything else was Piff. Hamon and Pillarmen was topped out and they had to introduce something new (Stand's) to keep the series alive. Stand's are arguably the best power system in anime.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I like both parts but I think Jojo just gets better with each iteration. I originally dropped part 1 cause it just wasn't that good but kept with it off the strength of it's rep. Part 2 got good with Pillar men but it had a lot of asspuls and didn't even really explain the pillar men very well. Part 3 stands at first had me in doubt, but the creativity of battles and Dio alone really made it better IMO. People say they grew tired of some of it but I think only like 3 fights wasn't worth our time and everything else was Piff. Hamon and Pillarmen was topped out and they had to introduce something new (Stand's) to keep the series alive. Stand's are arguably the best power system in anime.

I feel you on most of that. To me the best power system was actually in Shaman King, as short lived as that was :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Better protagonist...check
Intelligent battles...check
fukkery...check
More memorable villains...check
Better story progression...check

Part 3 is good but part 2 gets the edge for me
The build up in part 2 was amazing. The Pillar men were running fades to everyone. Just killing one was a huge deal.

Part 3 there were so many forgettable villains and chores. The swimming stand, baby polnereff, the sword stand or whatever... they just didn't carry that weight. Even the training stuff in 2 was hype.

That said I LOVED the creativity of the stands - and it allows for some amazing fights later on in the series. Part 4 in particular is when things go from just great to gamechanging. A lot of the crazy shyt people see in a big named series like HxH, Bleach, One Piece etc come from Jojo's creativity.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm only on like the 4th episode of SC so I'm not even looking up on the convos. Just so far I will say I prefer SC as a whole series wise but I think Joseph is the best Jo Star so far. I also am a big big fan of Pt. of Jojo 2012 with Johnathan and DIO

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm only on like the 4th episode of SC so I'm not even looking up on the convos. Just so far I will say I prefer SC as a whole series wise but I think Joseph is the best Jo Star so far. I also am a big big fan of Pt. of Jojo 2012 with Johnathan and DIO
Joseph was that dude from jump.

But Jotaro's squad is one of the best in anime - to the point where it kinda outshines Jotaro. I mean, old Joseph is on the squad and he could carry a series by himself.

I'm trying to think of squads more thorough and its tough.