King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Say, I got access to Crunchy Roll, but like with Netflix, there's so much that I can get overwhelmed. Anyone got any recommendations?

Sutter Kane

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished rewatching Serial Experiments Lain.

What are some other good high-tech/cyberpunk/mindfukk anime? I'm thinking about rewatching Evangelion and maybe checking out Texhnolyze next.
Texhnolyze story-wise is really good a bit slow at times. Ergo Proxy or Dark than Black maybe something along the line of what your looking for.

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Say, I got access to Crunchy Roll, but like with Netflix, there's so much that I can get overwhelmed. Anyone got any recommendations?
uhh pretty much wat everybody been talking bout breh :patrice: but i'll give ya a list:
Hunter X Hunter
Brave 10
Attack on Titan
Magi
Blue Exorcist
The Unlimited
Kuroko's Basketball (if your a basketball fan)

thats about wat i watched on crunchyroll while i had it (and before i realized they get shyt later than my favorite anime website) Hulu plus got way more than crunchyroll

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
uhh pretty much wat everybody been talking bout breh :patrice: but i'll give ya a list:
Hunter X Hunter (Watching)
Brave 10
Attack on Titan (Waching)
Magi (Watching)
Blue Exorcist
The Unlimited
Kuroko's Basketball (if your a basketball fan)

thats about wat i watched on crunchyroll while i had it (and before i realized they get shyt later than my favorite anime website) Hulu plus got way more than crunchyroll

I saw my gf watching Brave 10 and she recc'd it. I wrote it off because the characters looked a bit too pretty boyish. She likes it though. I think I may give it a shot. Same with Blue Exorcist and Unlimited. If there aren't bodies being caught or badass characters from the jump, I'm more likely to pass on it. She'll give it a chance though. :ld:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I saw my gf watching Brave 10 and she recc'd it. I wrote it off because the characters looked a bit too pretty boyish. She likes it though. I think I may give it a shot. Same with Blue Exorcist and Unlimited. If there aren't bodies being caught or badass characters from the jump, I'm more likely to pass on it. She'll give it a chance though. :ld:
u should be watching all of those then cuz somebody dying in the first ep of all them shows

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Lupin the III Mine Fujiko

they call it lupin the 3rd but hes hardly in it, and it actually doesnt bother me, Its like a million times more sexuall than anything Ive seen in lupin so far, the art is dope and the story reminds me of the original Ian Flemmings "The Spy Who Loved Me" where the story wasnt about bond who only showed up for a few chapters towards the end but a woman whose been the victim of cruel men

it should be on blu ray at the end of the month im def. gonna cop

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
tumblr_mrplemWLsA1sqkqlko3_500.gif

"Why does that scum claim to be King?"

"In the human world, it is a common phenomenon. Humans without intelligence or talent end up in positions of power due to bloodline or connection."

"That defies all logic...in the hands of an incompetent, power brings nothing but ruin. This could only be the work of imbeciles...."

tumblr_mrplemWLsA1sqkqlko2_500.gif

tumblr_mrplemWLsA1sqkqlko4_500.gif

tumblr_mrpm1sTg271sqkqlko1_500.gif

HUNTER X HUNTER 93

STREAM: http://www.animeavenue.net/hunter-x-hunter-2011-episode-93/

DOWNLOAD: http://www.animetake.com/hunter-x-hunter-2011-episode-93/

tumblr_mrpogeD5A51sqkqlko1_500.gif

tumblr_mrpogeD5A51sqkqlko2_500.gif

"These humans are idiots. Think as hard as those weak brains of your can manage. Have you ever spared a pig or cow...as it begged for it's life?"

The King is looking to be one of anime's elite villains.

No episode next week.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
tumblr_mrplemWLsA1sqkqlko3_500.gif

"Why does that scum claim to be King?"

"In the human world, it is a common phenomenon. Humans without intelligence or talent end up in positions of power due to bloodline or connection."

"That defies all logic...in the hands of an incompetent, power brings nothing but ruin. This could only be the work of imbeciles...."

tumblr_mrplemWLsA1sqkqlko2_500.gif

tumblr_mrplemWLsA1sqkqlko4_500.gif

tumblr_mrpm1sTg271sqkqlko1_500.gif

HUNTER X HUNTER 93

STREAM: http://www.animeavenue.net/hunter-x-hunter-2011-episode-93/

DOWNLOAD: http://www.animetake.com/hunter-x-hunter-2011-episode-93/

tumblr_mrpogeD5A51sqkqlko1_500.gif

tumblr_mrpogeD5A51sqkqlko2_500.gif

"These humans are idiots. Think as hard as those weak brains of your can manage. Have you ever spared a pig or cow...as it begged for it's life?"

The King is looking to be one of anime's elite villains.

No episode next week.

jimmy-mcnulty.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished rewatching Neon Genesis Evangelion and The End of Evangelion. This was my first time ever seeing the show dubbed (I used to watch it on KTEH in the Bay Area, and they played it subbed, so I always stuck with that), and the dub is actually very well done.

I'm glad I watched this right after Serial Experiments Lain because both have similar themes (contempt for the flesh, creating god-like beings, the true nature of oneself), but they're handled in almost entirely different ways (Lain is more internal, Evangelion is more external).

As far as the ending, I ideally would have liked some merging of the final two episodes and The End of Evangelion (the TV ending is somewhat happier depending on your interpretation, but the movie actually gives us answers the series had been leading up to).