42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Started OPM, on episode 3. It's pretty good but don't understand the gigantic hype behind it.
....I'm not shooting at you in particular, but a lot of people say shyt like "I don't understand the hype for X"

it is what it is, a lot of people are excited about it. just because its hot doesn't mean its perfect - nothing is going to scratch every itch with every person. to a lot of people straight up turned off by the general bullshyt of run of the mill anime, its gonna be all they talk about and the only thing in their mind within the medium.

but as for OPM, it stalled a bit between the first ep and the 5th or so imo. after the sea king arc, i was sold. the animation in the finale is some of the best i've ever seen though. a big thing though is that a LOT of people want OPM to be more than it actually is

you're not going to get your typical shonen character arcs, OPM deliberately shyts on those at every opportunity
you're not going to get a satisfying heroic resolution for saitama, the show is laid out specifically to show that isn't the point at all
you're not going to get a huge back and forth fight with saitama that actually tests him, the show is called "one punch man" for a reason

kill the expectations and let it rock for what it is. its kinda dope and worth talking about at the very least. imo it wasn't the best show of last season but whatever. i'll still recommend it to anyone

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
....I'm not shooting at you in particular, but a lot of people say shyt like "I don't understand the hype for X"

it is what it is, a lot of people are excited about it. just because its hot doesn't mean its perfect - nothing is going to scratch every itch with every person. to a lot of people straight up turned off by the general bullshyt of run of the mill anime, its gonna be all they talk about and the only thing in their mind within the medium.

but as for OPM, it stalled a bit between the first ep and the 5th or so imo. after the sea king arc, i was sold. the animation in the finale is some of the best i've ever seen though. a big thing though is that a LOT of people want OPM to be more than it actually is

you're not going to get your typical shonen character arcs, OPM deliberately shyts on those at every opportunity
you're not going to get a satisfying heroic resolution for saitama, the show is laid out specifically to show that isn't the point at all
you're not going to get a huge back and forth fight with saitama that actually tests him, the show is called "one punch man" for a reason

kill the expectations and let it rock for what it is. its kinda dope and worth talking about at the very least. imo it wasn't the best show of last season but whatever. i'll still recommend it to anyone
Fair, but this has to be the exception when it comes to its hype to big in my opinion.

But the series is on IMDb highest rated TV shows... It was number 1, above breaking bad and games of thrones, for the longest. So something even simple like that raised the roof of expectations for me.

I'm not dissing opm just not how I expected it so far. Especially after finishing monster, with the story line being very deep, every single character being very well developed, heavy dialogue, no comedy but the tone of drama and suspense in the very first min of the show to the last.

Then switching to opm lol. Probably all the hype and just finishing monster kind of didn't mix well when entering opm.
Again not dissing opm because I like it, its just I can't even put into words how it feels going from monster to opm. It was probably going to happen to any anjme I watched after monster.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
:yeshrug: both shows i recommend for this season are getting good reviews :youngsabo: reading manga prepares you for if the anime will be good :ufdup: i read the manga of that vampire anime and i dropped it after the first few chapters because the plot was shyt and i was :wtf: at how it even got a anime and even more :mindblown: that it got a season 2

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
WOAH DER BOI

Man.... I saw that too.... but I just had to ignore and play that man like AC/DC and the other Pillarmen

jojos_bizarre_adventure-15-wham-acdc-cars-pillar_men-aztec-immortals-warriors.jpg

He+s+just+a+big+fan+of+jojo+s+bizarre+adventure+_65aa5763aa3d34b00c96fa0ad96a51b3.png

excited for Jojo part 4 its goat. one of my fav jojo characters bout to be eating.

This is the main show I'm waiting for the return of!!! Gonna be dope.... everything else seems either wack or meh in comparison!

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Man.... I saw that too.... but I just had to ignore and play that man like AC/DC and the other Pillarmen

jojos_bizarre_adventure-15-wham-acdc-cars-pillar_men-aztec-immortals-warriors.jpg

He+s+just+a+big+fan+of+jojo+s+bizarre+adventure+_65aa5763aa3d34b00c96fa0ad96a51b3.png

This is the main show I'm waiting for the return of!!! Gonna be dope.... everything else seems either wack or meh in comparison!

Rohan finally bout to be on the television screen. Can't wait. this is the first time ever I read an entire manga before it came out as a anime.

And come back and win royal rumble b

Uri

Propane and propane accessories.
Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
New ending is decent :yeshrug: but the new OP IMO is better and looks like we are getting a lot more characters in the 2nd half of the season :ehh: we might go 50 EP

It's only 25 eps. I can't go with this new ed, it's absolutely :trash: compared to the 1st ed.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I actually stopped watching after around this lol, too sus

OPM is excetional and I binged through that in 3 days and I never binge watch stuff

Netflix just added some good anime on there, Case Closed for example

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I actually stopped watching after around this lol, too sus

OPM is excetional and I binged through that in 3 days and I never binge watch stuff

Netflix just added some good anime on there, Case Closed for example

Na son.... you need to keep watching.... shyt is bananas!!!