Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I heard asterisk was a weaker calvary

Well. Asterisk tends to play it a lot safer than Calvary does. At least. at the point of where the anime currently is. The harem in Asterisk is only really there for the lighter atmosphere, since there are instances where it can get very dark. Calvary, on the other hand, you have a gay guy and a incestuous sister right off the bat. And the MC in Calvary chooses the female lead quickly, it didn't take him 12 episodes, it only took him 4. In Asterisk, the MC is a lot more typical in how he's oblivious but freaks out when a female character tries to advance on him. But with that being said, Asterisk is still a great series with its own plot line and its own character development.

The reason why Calvary soars a bit higher in my personal opinion though, is because you can connect to Ikki's backstory. Everyone loves a good underdog story, so you can't help but wanna root for the guy. Especially considering what he's had to do to get to where he is. He's also not your typical main character by any means. When Ayato from Asterisk is in a battle, you pretty much know he's come through with the clutch. With Ikki, there's a legitimate possibility every time that he may not actually end up winning. And that's that's exciting, because unless you're Saitama, it can get pretty dull if you're winning everything without at least some adversity... whether it being mental, physical, emotional or spiritual. Ayato has some things holding him back as well, but Ikki is always giving it 110% in his fights, and I think that's why people get so invested in that.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Well. Asterisk tends to play it a lot safer than Calvary does. At least. at the point of where the anime currently is. The harem in Asterisk is only really there for the lighter atmosphere, since there are instances where it can get very dark. Calvary, on the other hand, you have a gay guy and a incestuous sister right off the bat. And the MC in Calvary chooses the female lead quickly, it didn't take him 12 episodes, it only took him 4. In Asterisk, the MC is a lot more typical in how he's oblivious but freaks out when a female character tries to advance on him. But with that being said, Asterisk is still a great series with its own plot line and its own character development.

The reason why Calvary soars a bit higher in my personal opinion though, is because you can connect to Ikki's backstory. Everyone loves a good underdog story, so you can't help but wanna root for the guy. Especially considering what he's had to do to get to where he is. He's also not your typical main character by any means. When Ayato from Asterisk is in a battle, you pretty much know he's come through with the clutch. With Ikki, there's a legitimate possibility every time that he may not actually end up winning. And that's that's exciting, because unless you're Saitama, it can get pretty dull if you're winning everything without at least some adversity... whether it being mental, physical, emotional or spiritual. Ayato has some things holding him back as well, but Ikki is always giving it 110% in his fights, and I think that's why people get so invested in that.
Ikki's relationship with Stella seems more mature than other Harem anime. I have a feeling Alice has a thing for Shizuku.

Uri

Propane and propane accessories.
Daps
Reppin
Indio, CA
Yup. :blessed: Also, make sure to watch to the very end. I'm not gonna say why, but let's just say someone here isn't who they say they are, on some Seventh Brave shyt. :mjpls:

I usually watch till the end, anyways. Since, most shows have something happen after the credits nowadays.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Ikki's relationship with Stella seems more mature than other Harem anime. I have a feeling Alice has a thing for Shizuku.

It's probably that way because the story is focused on a lot more serious things. It's best it works that way, because the last thing you want in a series like this is for it to become another Nisekoi.

I usually watch till the end, anyways. Since, most shows have something happen after the credits nowadays.

True. I personally like to fast forward sometimes, in order to see what happens.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I honestly can't believe Asterisk and Cavalry are this talked about at all.
as far as "new" anime i can see why cavalry is talked about so much plus u throw in that lovey dovey stuff for the fans of that shyt in here and u got a winner....besides one punch man, calvary is the only new anime worth watching

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
literally the only time i've ever rewound something on this show :mjlol: i just couldnt contain myself when they showed that face :laff:

dude doing a dbz power up and saitama just looking like :hmm::yawn:
Saitama was on fire that whole episode. I loved when he was trying to get in that door and was all " hey you got visitors" like he's coming over for thanksgiving.

Also " I geuss i'll go left ":youngsabo: