2w2iirc.jpg
That's not even the half of it. That chick is nuts

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I had to watch about 4 episodes of Gate before I started getting into it. Hopefully it continues to improve.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I haven't been on my avid anime shyt since I was like 12 , but I'm boutta hop off my long hiatus and get back in the game ... beam me up coli :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'll be the first to say it

GATE is a stupid show. I'll keep watching, but there's no point to any of it.
I find it funny. It's been a while since I've seen a harem show with minimal to no romance too. Chick called their chopper an Iron Pegasus.

• Dap
Reactions: Uri

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Kill la Kill is still amazing. Into the Night is among my favorite episodes.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished Ghost, mindblown by how deep the meaning of human existence in a technologically advanced society was explored. Haven't had an anime make me think to that extent since Serial Experiments Lain. Giving S1 a 10/10 making it the 10th series I've given such on MAL, onto S2 and then the movie in the near future

Next I'm gonna try something not so serious like a school life rom com. Might be Shimoneta if for nothing else just that yandere Anna character

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll be the first to say it

GATE is a stupid show. I'll keep watching, but there's no point to any of it.

I caught up to the manga a little while back. It has lots of flaws with the only positives being the worldbuilding and quirky harem. 50+ chapters in and there is barely any progress on an overarching plot or theme. The fights are boring and one sided too, Rory & the JSDF mow down everyone except that one Dragon.

It's like a cool idea somebody had that they wanted to make an adaptation of.(What if we brought modern weapons to a medieval fantasy world and fukked shyt up? :ohhh:) There's plenty of interesting characters and constant introductions of plot points. But the payoffs tend to be underwhelming, the story moves hella slow and it feels really unstructured. The arc where they went to Japan seems so pointless looking back. I doubt they can keep fans invested cause most of the time it feels like this is going nowhere.