Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
What exactly is Gintama ?...like I look at it and it's presented as a comedy , I want to invest in it because it's universally acclaimed but I'm really unsure what the fukk I'm a be signing up for

if you ever seen kenshin rurouni, you know that kenshin is a samurai who no longer wants to cause trouble but live a normal life. Gin, main character from gintama, is sort of in that role. Hes a legnedary samurai who's living the peaceful life. Who is broke by the way. So he starts a group called odd jobs with two friends that will do anything for money.

But basically gintama is just filled with mini arcs that are so well written, funny, creative and plain different than your typical shounen anime. It's filled with many life lessons, even from every episode title, there is advice given.

They parody everything from your favorite anime to american culture to anything imaginable. Its considered one of the most influential series ever but doesn't amount to popularity like Naruto or One Piece because Gintama jokes go over the younger audience or people who haven't seen a shyt ton of anime or even know a lot of things about society in general. When they parody an anime or anything the subtitles always does a great job to let you know what they are making fun of.

But you just have to watch it. You won't be hooked as soon you watch. When i watched the first two episodes, which are filler that just introduces characters and the story, I'm like man this is trash and people are weird to praise this so much. But as someone once said in a review about this anime, its like a snowball rolling down a hill, it just keeps getting bigger and better,

It's like the knicks picking oh boy in the draft and saying it will take time to see him grow out for him to reach his potential. It's the same with gintama, you have to stick through it and at a certain point they just have a grove where they produce 10/10 every episode and hasn't stop since then.

Like i said I rank this among all time greats. If you like really short anime series rather than long and is impatient waiting for something to deliver then this might not be for you.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Kuroko has so much potential but its complete trash. Instead of just hooping, 90% of games are just reactions and stupid ass analysis that have nothing to do with basketball. Not to mention Akashi is completely broken. Dude has fukking Sharingan + Byakugan + Rinnegan. Get that stupid eye power bullshyt out of sports anime. I just wanna see nikkas hoop.. I do like the zone and how it's implemented in this show. Aomine vs Kagami in zone is still the only exciting part of this show.

Fate Stay/Night is so trash compared to FZ :mjlol:. That's all

Gintama hasn't had any action packed arcs yet. I like the comedy arcs, but 2:1 ratio is when Gintama is at it's best. Right now they running on the 4th or 5th arc and still haven't had any great action packed arcs yet.

Overall anime is trash right now. This season can't end soon enough.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Gintama is truly a 10/10 series. The writing on this series is so good man. The series never decreases, but improves by each episode. There is so much effort into each episode. They throw funny, sad, and motivational scenes in the span of 10 minutes. Every character is likeable, Gin is easily a top protagonist.

I recommend everybody to watch this shyt. I'm only half way through before I reach current episodes being released right now but I give it a strong 10.

IMDB gives it a 8.7
MAL gives it a 9 and it conquers all of the anime rankings on MAL

The only thing about Gintama is some stuff on that show can go WAAYYYYYY over your head if you're not into anime like that. You will miss a lot of inside jokes as Gintama pokes fun at itself every episode. But yeah, it's definitely a must watch anime.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like the way Seirin won. ......We all knew that Seirin gonna win......:beli:...I saw it coming and I was upset. The winner was obvious with Seirin taking it by this point with all the buildup, tactics, hype, etc.

Imo, the final match wasn't as strong some of the previous. Way too dragging and repetitive.

This season was the weakest for me.

No more season for "Kuroko No Basket". :mjcry:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
the end of that fate/stay was so fukking gay :beli: i STILL dont know if he gettin tohsaka draws or not cuz they still just seem like best friends to me :aicmon: but fukk that bullshyt

MY NICCAS WON :blessed::blessed::banderas:....and fuk any nicca that didnt like it :blessed::blessed:

my dude with the eagle eye was so calm in that bytch :whew: just waiting for that opportunity to steal that ball and they gave it to him :ahh:...then he gave my dude hyuga the perfect pass for the 4pt play against the nicca that mastered them :ohlawd: had him looking like a jamal crawford defender the way he jumped into my nicca :wow:...i thought they were gonna go for the tie but i guess there's no OT over there so they decided to go for it and kyoshi da gawd said there's wasnt a cot dayum soul that was gonna get that rebound over him :gladbron: dished to my boy kuroko and niccas thought he was gonna shoot the phantom shot but nah :jawalrus: he dished it to the red haired gawd for the alley oop of victory :noah: as soon as kuroko shot it and i saw kagami in the frame i threw the covers off me and went
4cads6q.gif

thats my light and shadow combo right there :to: and if this is the end im glad my boys got one and hopefully kiyoshi get that kobe bryant surgery so he can keep balling :mjcry:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sword Art Online is pretty f*cking good and I like the concept they came up with.

Monster is a pretty good had me :leon:, I'm on 5 EP so far.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
@Straw Hat Luffy My concern is I'm not really big on anime for comedy. I generally don't find any anime funny. The few I ever got laughs from was shin chan and Golden boy. I really watch for action and suspense and fantasy. So I feel like Gintama might be a waste to me. I'm a still peep it at sometime because it's too high on lists to not get some attention, but nothing worse than watching an anime and knowing you just wasted 6 or 7 episodes into some Bullshyt.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
@Straw Hat Luffy My concern is I'm not really big on anime for comedy. I generally don't find any anime funny. The few I ever got laughs from was shin chan and Golden boy. I really watch for action and suspense and fantasy. So I feel like Gintama might be a waste to me. I'm a still peep it at sometime because it's too high on lists to not get some attention, but nothing worse than watching an anime and knowing you just wasted 6 or 7 episodes into some Bullshyt.
It may not be for you, it may be an exception.. who knows

hope you like it tho