twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

TBH Senpai is an Otokonoko anime ending honestly feels pretty solid even without knowing the context that a movie for its ending is coming. While I am unsure how to feel about Makoto's mom because was it just the shock of her dad crossdressing that traumatized her? I guess the idea of him going out like that and people making the connection she is her father. At the very least, she is finally spending time with Makoto as a parent for once, which is what Makoto wants. Maybe the next time Makoto visits his grandfather, his mother can come along.

Not too much on Saki's end, but her mom getting excited with Makoto and Saki having fun gives me good vibes. Still concerned if there is something Saki's grandmother is hiding.

Overall, I would give this an 8/10. Despite being a P9 anime, they did a decent job and the story was pretty good. Visually Alya, Makeine & Atri are on another level in terms of romance shows. Though Saki shines when they do chibis. These visual issues are more so glaring on more serious moments, like when Makoto was trying to talk to his mom. Will check out the film as It's really cool its getting a full adaptation. The big thing going into this show is that it discusses gender norms & crossdressing playing a major theme.

Man I read the summary should have scrolled down didn’t know it was bout cross dressing which thru me off when I watched the 1st ep and the best friend too
Na couldn’t get into this at all
Nothing wrong with BL theme or cross dressing it just didn’t click for me at all characters felt forced

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man I read the summary should have scrolled down didn’t know it was bout cross dressing which thru me off when I watched the 1st ep and the best friend too
Na couldn’t get into this at all
Nothing wrong with BL theme or cross dressing it just didn’t click for me at all characters felt forced
For romance stuff Spice & Wolf, Atri, Makeine & Alya are prob better reccs for you if I had to suggest.

Tbh I doubt for most people here even if they like romance they aren’t the type of people that would vibe with it for reasons like you said.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
For romance stuff Spice & Wolf, Atri, Makeine & Alya are prob better reccs for you if I had to suggest.

Tbh I doubt for most people here even if they like romance they aren’t the type of people that would vibe with it for reasons like you said.
I’m familiar with romance series just was trying it out should have did my research either way didn’t matter didn’t like chemistry between the 3 of them
Felt forced on feelings for me
Bloom into you felt like a good progression when I watched that one years ago
Already finished that Alya speaks Russian it was solid needs another season see how I feel and it did get picked up for it I noticed and it was already in my read list