tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly, the debt situation was more of a highlight on Elmesia as saying her presence was felt doesn't do her justice. The fact Gazeru mentions how the woman takes no for an answer really illustrates the presence of this woman. Gazeru is a very strict man of principle, and he is of no match for her. Although her points of debt being a stronger tool than intimidation. Since the latter offers risk and the former can ruin ones intimidation.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.08.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.16.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.16.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.16.57_PM.png

Since Elmesia knew Gazeru's grandfather, it illustrates she has been around the longest in the room. When her aura switched to intimidating regarding how Rimuru would deal with Diablo if he got out of control. This is a valid point because while Diablo is very loyal to Rimuru like Shion his loyalty crosses the territory where he thinks he is doing something to benefit Rimuru, but he is blinded by his loyalty. Clearly Elmesia knows something about him and unfortunately Rimuru didn't understand the reason for her question. Still, her answer made Rimuru more interesting in her eyes, so at the very least there are friendly relations between the two.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.19.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.19.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.20.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.22.34_PM.png

For Gobta I am not sure if he should be happy or disappointed with the results. Yes, he won a fishing rod, but being trained by Milim is rough. At this point, I think Masayuki finally found a friend in Rimuru. More so, the point of him being regarded as a great hero because of his skill has been a curse. Maybe saying he is a henchmen is too strong of a term for Rimuru, but you can tell this was the first time he could act like himself.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.35.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-13_at_2.39.48_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
While this was a very interesting Fantasy Anime as it differed from the usual DnD structure. It felt like a case of conceptually was very interesting. Execution was lacking. I would say 6.5/10 for Cour 1 since the stopping point of today's episode was awkward af.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I was curious how they were going to do the focus on the twins. It's worth noting I think they did a good job here. But I feel like unless you experienced Replicant's story, I feel like the context of this episode is not as simple as it might appear.

Though the weight of the twins' sins can't be mentioned enough. Carrying the burden of causing the extinction of humanity is one heavy burden. Nobody deserved that level of burden.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rick is S-tier then what the hell is Orc-sama? He made the champ look like a rookie. Damn near chump.
Broughston trained Rick to be S-Tier and Rick never had a grasp of how strong he really was.
Also when Rick's magic skill is activated he can pretty much destroy anything in front of him, but it is detrimental to his body.
At this stage though, only Rick gets close to going toe to toe with Broughston without using a magic skill.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
All this time I thought Inuyashiki was the name of the Inuyasha sequel :wow: I was sleep

Finally saw the One Piece meme in it's full context and hit the :gucci: :mindblown: :picard: ......:russ: Why does this nikka hate Oda so much

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
IDK why my first reaction to seeing Meniko Hamukai was is this Sodachi Oikura in disguise. Plus there was this remark about Koyomi.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_11.56.38_AM.png

So we went from the new beginning of the Monogatari timeline to the latest with this arc. Suicide-Master is coming to Japan and is clearly behind the attacks. The question is rather why the first years on the girls' basketball team? The whole riddle if you followed along it made sense how it got solved. But how the hell did Meniko solve it?

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_11.47.23_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_11.59.57_AM.png

Looks like Izuko is asking Koyomi for help and is being very respectful of his time in college. Obviously, since in Japan, college is a more serious time academically than high school if I understand. Izuko's insecurities regarding her older sister is once again needing Koyomi to help with the issue because Kanbaru is involved with the girls' basketball team, as we know. Curious if Izuko gets an arc one of these days?

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_11.52.21_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_11.52.24_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_12.08.16_PM.png

This is not the first time we have met Seiu Higasa, as she was first introduced in Hanamonogatari. Though I am curious if her role will be more present in this arc. One thing I am concerned with is that Karen is now a first year in high school. Given how athletic she is, it is not out of question she would play basketball. The other thing is she could be more involved in this arc at the very least, maybe?

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_12.11.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_12.15.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_12.15.46_PM.png

Note Big Spoilers of Nademonogatari

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
These last 3 episodes have been a hell of an emotional ride :mjcry:

These last 3 episodes have been such a ride. Atri's character has been a pleasant surprise. Started out really funny and silly. Turning into more interesting and complex as the show progressed. First cliffhanger we get the idea that Atri has been deceiving Natsuki. 2nd cliffhanger Natsuki comes to Atri.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.11.14_PM.png

Yasuda thought that triggering Atri to attack him would prove his point. Hurting Natsuki came as a matter of self-defense. Tbh at this point, Atri was at her breaking point, but no question her heart wanted to at least protect Natsuki. His words of apology hit home for Atri. For the first time, Atri no longer holds back to how she truly feels. Seeing her cry and exhibit emotion like that was such a well executed scene.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.15.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.15.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.19.09_PM.png

For much of the series, Atri has been the one trying to tease Natsuki. Sometimes getting him to blush and other times not so much. But him saying he likes Atri and Atri wanting to hug more understanding what it means to have a heart. To be kind and sincere and care about others.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.23.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.24.51_PM.png

We learned that the orders that Natsuki's grandmother was to take care of her kid. Who was Natsuki's mother, Shiina. Atri in her base form without a name felt very much a standard humanoid. As Shiina gave her the name Atri you really get to see the basis of Atri's personality come to be. Her high performance, her song and everything came from Shiina when she was in middle school.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.25.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.25.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.27.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.27.26_PM.png

The Shiina bullying incident was sad in many ways. From Atri's perspective, she knew something was wrong and given how Shiina was about to jump off the building, things were drastic enough for her to punch the bully. For Atri she had to make a choice, but the thing is she was a humanoid. Atri didn't know how to help Shiina. For humans, it is natural for us to make mistakes when we want to help those that we hold dear. Unfortunately, for Atri she is a humanoid and one mistake is what it took to call her defective. Still, Atri loved Shiina as well saw in the notebook with both words and tears.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.29.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.32.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.35.02_PM.png

It is so tragic to see Atri watch Shiina from afar. She watched her grow up and Atri couldn't interact with the person she deeply cared about. Then with Natsuki she faced a similar situation, but here she made the correct decision. Being there for Natsuki and comforting him meant so much to her. Perhaps that kind of affection could have helped Shiina when she was being bullied.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.35.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.35.50_PM.png

Grandma was aware of the fact and honestly feels like she believed in Atri caring for her daughter. Grandmother hiding Atri and erasing her memories was an act of kindness. Maybe there will be a time when a humanoid will be more accepted in society? So glad Atri has found a happy with Natsuki and the others.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.37.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.37.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.38.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-14_at_1.39.07_PM.png

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Broughston trained Rick to be S-Tier and Rick never had a grasp of how strong he really was.
Also when Rick's magic skill is activated he can pretty much destroy anything in front of him, but it is detrimental to his body.
At this stage though, only Rick gets close to going toe to toe with Broughston without using a magic skill.
None of that answered my question. :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Elusive Samurai Episode 10

This episode finished adapting chapter 23 as well as chapters 24 + 25 finishing volume 3.

This is one of those episodes that on the surface seems out, but has numerous layers to it. Even more so those of us watching as a manga reader.
I was really looking forward to the Shizuku dancing scene. I really liked it, it was well done. In the scene with the Ashikaga brothers, curious about the change so that Tadayoshi doesn't enter the room.

Well, this episode had some interesting quirks about it.

I loved the part of the episode where Shizuku was dancing at the pool and seeing all the divine beasts. It's no surprise that she knows Yorishige's secret as well. Shizuku out of all the kids, is the most mysterious. She is super wise, but at the same time her personality feels so unknown.

We also get introduced to Tadayoshi Ashikaga, whom is Takauji's younger brother. There is no one with a better intuition than Takauji. Meanwhile, Tadayoshi is super calculating and always tried to one up his brother, but he could never beat him. His job is protecting what Takauji conquered. Though the scene of the Buddha and it being consumed was interesting. We have been getting more and more hints of Takauji slipping into darkness. Tadayoshi's role is also to protect Takauji and not allow his followers to see what he truly is.

I think the Buddha scene is very interesting in respect to Tokiyuki and Yorishige's conversation. As time goes on, people rely less on God and more on their intuition. In many ways, that is the way Takauji is progressing. But I love the message he gives Tokiyuki that he is not a God, but a human. Enjoy yourself along with your retainers. Those high in power and in ranking can forget that.