tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Then what genre is OP, Bleach, and Naruto?
Technically, action. When an action is more so about the fights rather than the plot, I classify them as battle shounen. JJK and Bleach headline that it is the fights that advance the plot. Stuff like Vinland, Black Butler, BSD, etc. are also action, but the plot is center stage. You have big fights, but they never outshine the plot or whatever is happening in the story. These get labeled Fantasy, Adventure, Supernatural etc.

Action is an immensely large genre. So stuff like Adventure, Battle Shounen, Mecha, Fantasy, etc. to help distinguish it better.

Though haven't read or watched OP have heard the series is about being a grand adventure, so perhaps it leans itself to adventure rather than Battle Shounen. I guess it matters if the journey or the fights are more important in One Piece.

see how long it lasts this time :mjlol:
Well, GoT is no longer stickied so that argument no longer works if that time comes again :pachaha:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Come to the dark side :mjlit:

giphy.gif

It has been a minute since we added a new Griffith Set breh…..

Yes come on over @Mr. Jack Napier :pachaha:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
DanMachi S4 Episodes 4+5 offers a spotlight for Bell and his companions when he is no longer around.

Haruhime is a character that since joining the Hestia Family, her presence has been not felt. Given her ability to use level boost, but in a big party that is only so useful. With the Grimoire that Aisha gives Haruhime, it gives her a new spell which allows her to use level boost to up to 5 party members. Though as we see, she passes out after using this spell.

This adds an element for her to really make her presence felt. In fact, if she can build on this spell could be very interesting. Also, the irony is that this is the kind of thing that the Ishtar Family wanted.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-08_at_10.35.29_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-08_at_10.36.40_AM.png

What I really like about the episode is that it highlights on level boosting. That while yes you get stronger, but you can't maximize that boost. It really sets the message that experience at a specific level is more important than just being at a certain level. What is really interesting is that with Bell leveling up at a fast rate, he isn't getting acclimated to his level.

Many times, things just click and fire on all cylinders. For Bell, after sinking to the lower levels of the dungeon, it clicked for him as his reaction speed improved. Despite the Enhanced Moth Monster being stronger this time, we see that Bell maximizing the full potential of being Level 4. It really highlights that the Bell has turned into a strong adventurer in his own right. The experiences here and S3 really show here as he defeats the Enhanced Moth Monster.

Fantastic Episode with outstanding direction.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-08_at_10.52.19_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-08_at_10.52.30_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-08_at_10.55.45_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Mayonaka Punch really turning out to be one of the nicest anime originals of the year. Basically, a show about building a content creators channel with a good balance of heartfelt moments and comedy. Masaki being an unlikable bytch works really well here.

Yuki truly is the tsundere of the group. I love how her her personality changes from bossy vampire to playful streamer. I like how unlike Fu & Ichiko, she is an elite vampire, but I can feel for her. Mostly Live has kept her distance from her. Which has always put her feeling isolated from the other 4. Her starting to stream video games which she loved was a showcase of her wanting something to relax to. But it also symbolized she wanted to be part of the group, but because she couldn't be honest with herself. Of course, she became honest in the most roundabout way possible.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-09_at_12.49.35_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-09_at_12.50.33_PM.png

That conversation with Yuki was the push Masaki needed to open up what she wanted. She absolutely wants to be a part of the videos. In many ways, talking to her former group helped with that. Though it is obvious they aren't really going anywhere without Masaki. Paying people for ideas and streaming and editing on camera is not the wave.

sQc8dSC.jpeg

xGqLEAG.jpeg

The next episode will be pain since it got leaked that Masaki is a part of Mayonaka Punch. It's getting leaked after she meets her old group makes it too obvious it's at least one of them who spilled the beans. Especially since they know Masaki's reputation.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Oshi no Ko S2 Episode 7+8 as it puts the focus on Kana, Akane & Taiki and how it uses them to shift to Aqua was done wonderfully. Top-notch direction and it noticeably elevated the scenes from the manga here.

For Akane & Kana you have the former genius actor in Kana and the current genius actor. For Akane she simply was inspired by Kana as a kid to get into acting. But when she met Kana she was at her lowest point, which is precisely how she was in Episode 1 of S1. A snotty-nosed brat who used her connections to do side cast jobs.

For Akane this broke her heart as a kid knowing that Kana would be fine with that. Akane seeing what happened to her idol, essentially vowed to never end up like her. Despite being a genius actor, we can see she is beyond hardworking & has a great attention to detail. Which puts her way past Kana. Being in the same performance, she wants to outshine Kana when she is at her best. But Kana does not respond at all. She defaults to being the coordinator to put everyone in the right position. This mostly comes from her being complacent as she has been mainly working with casts that have low talent, like Sweet Today.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-08_at_7.13.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-08_at_7.13.14_PM.png

For Aqua, he recognizes that Kana is holding back as a habit. He does the great thing of saying I'll be the coordinator as Kana, much like Akane now, are at their best when the spotlight is on them. This allows Kana to act to her potential and Akane responds likewise.

Also, what makes Aqua with how he acts interesting is the trauma of Ai's death that he carries. You see Taiki who acts will full emotions while Aqua acts with not much emotion in comparison. He has this guilt if he is not allowed to enjoy himself with his acting. More so the guilt that everything needs to be done to get revenge for Ai. Unlike Taiki, Akane & Kana, he can't allow himself to enjoy acting. Essentially, acting needs to be done from anger and the purpose is for his revenge.

Essentially, acting is a tool for Aqua and not a passion unlike the other three.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-09_at_8.33.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-09_at_8.42.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-09_at_8.42.54_PM.png

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Mayonaka Punch really turning out to be one of the nicest anime originals of the year. Basically, a show about building a content creators channel with a good balance of heartfelt moments and comedy. Masaki being an unlikable bytch works really well here.

Yuki truly is the tsundere of the group. I love how her her personality changes from bossy vampire to playful streamer. I like how unlike Fu & Ichiko, she is an elite vampire, but I can feel for her. Mostly Live has kept her distance from her. Which has always put her feeling isolated from the other 4. Her starting to stream video games which she loved was a showcase of her wanting something to relax to. But it also symbolized she wanted to be part of the group, but because she couldn't be honest with herself. Of course, she became honest in the most roundabout way possible.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-09_at_12.49.35_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-09_at_12.50.33_PM.png

That conversation with Yuki was the push Masaki needed to open up what she wanted. She absolutely wants to be a part of the videos. In many ways, talking to her former group helped with that. Though it is obvious they aren't really going anywhere without Masaki. Paying people for ideas and streaming and editing on camera is not the wave.

sQc8dSC.jpeg

xGqLEAG.jpeg

The next episode will be pain since it got leaked that Masaki is a part of Mayonaka Punch. It's getting leaked after she meets her old group makes it too obvious it's at least one of them who spilled the beans. Especially since they know Masaki's reputation.
how do you feel about content creators being the flavor of the month plot for anime recently?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
how do you feel about content creators being the flavor of the month plot for anime recently?
Mixed bag mostly because of a lack of substance. You have good examples of content creation/showbiz like Ya Boy Kongming!, what the first 2 seasons of Oshi no Ko cover, Girls Band Cry, Bocchi the Rock as some example.

More often times you get Moe, VTuber and idol stuff which really really lacks substance. These examples are what you get 2/3 times and what I listed first is rarer. I mean I get why CEO's push this stuff because of waifu culture, and it is what sells. But in terms of substance and quality, there is very little there.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The start of the episode where you see Masachika wanting his mom to praise, but instead she does the opposite. Honestly, we always want our parents' approval and praise. Considering his piano performance was well received, I wonder what here deal is.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.02.19_PM.png

This episode did a good job at showing that Yuki manipulated the whole situation. We know Ayano will follow any order from Yuki. One thing to note here is that Alya's strengths which Masachika has mentioned that inspire him. Her pride is one of those things.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.19.19_PM.png

However, Yuki used those against Yuki. She knows that her partner is sick, so suggested she go take care of him. She issues a challenge and Alya wouldn't back done. Manipulating her to think that she is doing it in the honor of her brother who is gone. A manipulated lie to think she is doing it for her dead brother. I would assume Alya's reason for running is obviously because she wants to and has confidence she can do a fantastic job.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.27.02_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.27.11_PM.png

Still, It's still clear that she triggered Masachika. Was that an intentional part of Yuki's plan is difficult to determine. We see Masachika with the same smile as Yuki. So clearly he has something up his sleeve.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.29.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.30.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.37.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-11_at_12.37.59_PM.png