tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
OnK S2 Ep 3 with a great episode steers from the process of adaptation and how communication it is adapting from one medium to another.

The start of the episode really showed the benefited that the Play medium has. Between sound effects and how seamless the transition from one scene to another. Given someone like Aqua who is very familiar with entertainment industry perceptions. There is doubt a super introvert like Abiko-sensei wouldn't be aware of these. Really showing that if she writes the script the play adaptation is doomed.

CouhULq.png

Here it focuses more on mangaka themselves. As it focuses on Yoriko-sensei and Abiko-sensei. As mentioned by Aqua, Yoriko-sensei was Abiko-sensei's mentor. It makes sense they would go to them. The difference between the two of them is Yoriko-sensei is a monthly mangaka and Abiko-sensei is a weekly mangaka.

You can clearly see the author of OnK Aka Akasaka is listing out grievances about what being a weekly mangaka is like. Since you are meeting a weekly deadline, and you are responsible for both story and art. Then the editor part highlights that they keep convincing you to keep your story going. These were things that irritated him when he was writing "Kaguya-sama: Love Is War". When he wrote both "Oshi no Ko" and "Love Agency" he made sure to hire an artist and keep a rotating schedule that allowed a break every 4–6 weeks.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-03_at_7.29.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-03_at_7.32.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-03_at_7.32.34_PM.png

The strongest part of the episode is when it dealt with Abiko-sensei and her arrogance as a mangaka. She is the prime example of someone who not only put so much pressure on herself. Given that her art is extremely detailed for a weekly series. Since monthly series are where you would normally see that. Even more on Abiko-sensei not having any assistants she wants to work with. Her biggest failure is not to being a mentor like Yoriko-sensei was to her, but expecting them to match her level.

This episode also highlights the unhealthy lifestyle of a weekly mangaka. Abiko-sensei's home is an utter mess. She is behind on her weekly deadline being a weekly mangaka. More so alluding how getting 2 hours of sleep will lead her to live a terrible lifestyle that will cause her to lose her passion for manga. Adding insult she mentions how the quality of her work has gotten worse, more cliché and is not entertaining anymore. Lastly, the part that she hasn't started working on the script for the 2.5 Play adaptation of Tokyo Blade.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-03_at_7.39.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-03_at_7.40.15_PM.png

Ultimately, the frustration Abiko-sensei has to do with Sweet Today's adaptation. As it was handled very poorly. Of course, as she mentions, you never want to see the work you love treated with disrespect. Yoriko-sensei admits she wishes things could have been different, but doesn't regret it because of how the final episode went thanks to Aqua and Kana. The lesson for Abiko-sensei is not to put everything on her shoulders.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-03_at_7.46.12_PM.png

This episode adapted one of my favorite chapters from the manga and when this series focuses on issues regarding the entertainment industry as opposed to the main story, it’s great.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Damn this shyt got stickied :ohhh:

Goku made that call to Coli headquarters :hubie:
the argument that made it go through was hilarous though

"but but Game of Thrones is full of incestous filth too! :damn:"

which is facts :ehh: the whole Coli was livewatching Jaime slam ass with his sister next to the casket of their recently deceased kid and we treated it like a classy affair

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Among the best newer light novels that are out along with Your Forma & 86. This one being a great dark fantasy novel in just 2 books so far.

@LordDeathwatch @42 Monks

If this gets a great adaption then :wow: :whew:

I did read the first volume of the manga adaptation which only covers the first 1/3 of the first volume. Adapts it pretty solidly though I need to check past this volume whether I can say if the manga adaptation is good or not. Since the volume picks up after that point.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Among the best newer light novels that are out along with Your Forma & 86. This one being a great dark fantasy novel in just 2 books so far.

@LordDeathwatch @42 Monks

If this gets a great adaption then :wow: :whew:

I did read the first volume of the manga adaptation which only covers the first 1/3 of the first volume. Adapts it pretty solidly though I need to check past this volume whether I can say if the manga adaptation is good or not. Since the volume picks up after that point.

you actually recommend good shyt so i'll give this a shot :ehh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
A lot happened in this episode.

First we had Jinka fighting against the Sea God of the area. To make matters worse, it is surrounded by a barrier. Which impedes their progress. We are reunited with Taizen, and it is funny how his biggest fear is the Mountain Goddess. Luckily, he was able to free him from the Void People because things could have been ugly.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.45.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.45.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.48.27_PM.png

Though given Senya's fortune, he needs to free Jinun and deal with the Void People. Obviously, the former comes first, but at the same time, according to the fortune-teller, would they need to save Jinka before they go after the Void People? Or once they go after the Void People, they need to be prepared for a big battle.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.52.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.52.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.52.22_PM.png

Unsurprisingly, Senya is still very protective of Tsukiko. Though I do understand her frustrations because she doesn't want to always be protected. It draws parallels to Shinsuke in part one with a slight difference. Shinsuke wanted power because he was sick of his weakness. Tsukiko wants to be able to stand on her without relying on anyone. I am curious if Kokugetsusai recently took over Taizen, or that was the case. This is Tsukiko's golden opportunity to get stronger since Kokugetsusai has been a person described to be very strong.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.54.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_5.02.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_5.10.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_5.10.11_PM.png

As Furron meets our group, his mention of Kumozou being Jinun is very surprising. Since he is described as a kind-hearted man who hated for the corrupted. Still, this gives Senya more motivation to save his father, since I think he saw a different side to him that we haven't seen at least. In part one he was tough on Senya. Of course, that could have been tough love. Or it could be something else, maybe. Also, it was funny that Tama was scared of Furron.

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.57.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_4.57.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_5.05.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_5.06.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-09-04_at_5.08.20_PM.png