timeless

All Star
Daps
So I'm almost on season 2 of Slime and I think it's one of my favorites. I dropped Yatagarasu for now. It reminds me too much of the Chinese Dramas I watch and I'm trying to take a break from those :hmm:.

Rimuru has to be one of my favorite protagonists. I can't wait to see how much his little town develops in the later seasons. I think it's real endearing how he's made it a place for all monsters to feel welcome and how he gave them all names so that they were more "real" instead of being like computer generated. I especially like the concept of certain races like the ogres evolving when they get a name. I'm still waiting for him and Veldora to break that magic prison he's in. Speaking of Veldora, for a giant city-destroying storm dragon he's such a big baby when talking about Rimuru, like that's his little brother. I want him to adopt Ifrit too. They get along so well. How cute.

Recently I've watched:

Failure Frame - I felt so bad for the main character in the beginning, but I think he's showing his true personality now which is a far cry from a victim. I was taken back to Dragon Age Origins when he fighting all the monsters in the dungeon lol reminded me of trying to gear up before going to the next area so I don't get my butt kicked by werewolves or darkspawn. I think that's why I'm enjoying it too.
Solo Leveling - This is up there with Slime. Im really digging this show. The concept is a lot like the other "oh no I got stuck in a video game, now I have to get stronger" animes, but in this one the video game is a portal that have to be closed to stop monsters from coming through. Im loving the progress of the main character and how it reminds me of grinding in RPG games alone with a solo character lol. I'm sad i have to wait til the end of the year to see season 2, buuuut I'll be patient :dry:
Spice and Wolf - I just watched the first episode and it's really cute. Not a lot of action at first, but compared to the rest of my watchlist it's slow, easy to grasp, and kind of relaxing. I really like the environment and world it takes place in and the addition of mythology.
The Witch and The Beast - I only seen the first episode on this one. When I read the synopsis I got Blood+ vibes, like the relationship between Saya and Hanji and their bond. Not gonna lie, I thought it sucked the first 10 minutes, but I stuck it out to the end and :ohmy: I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. The characters are not what I was expecting and the plot changed up on me. Looking forward to see how it develops.

Welp, I'm caught up to season 3 of Slime and I'm so impressed with Rimuru 😭 the blue Kirby is turning Jura into his own little Japan and all his comrades following along with the ride. I did a little reading from the manga/web novel and now I'm excited about the Angels storyline. I was like "who are the damn Angel's" when Luminous mentioned it, and it sounded like the kind of enemy that Rimuru will have some trouble with down the line. Anyway the show is a 10/10. My favorite this far!

Now I'm jumping between Spice and Wolf, The Witch and The Beast, and Fire Force. All good shows so far 👍

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Facts….. I don’t think I can watching this anymore unless @tripleaamin challenges me too or @LauderdaleBoss orders me too
Orders you to watch

my-honest-reaction-my-reactioj.gif

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Realistically there's no way he should be allowed into a mage tower with a group of the most powerful mages if he isn't a mage himself. His woman has gone beyond him into a world he doesn't belong in.

Seems like he could build himself up and prove his usefulness outside of the magic school and impress them enough to become their ally. Becoming the most powerful swordsman in the world should do that. In a way it looks like he's headed in that direction but in a inefficient way following the magic school rules he's handicapped by.
What anime y'all talking about?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ep 3 of Black Butler got me confused as fukk

Was this a soft reboot?

Why doesn’t Ceil recognize a specific character from S1 that was kind of everywhere and they had manner interactions

Majority of S1+S2 is filler. S3/Book of Circus takes palce after Ep 15 of S1.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Majority of S1+S2 is filler. S3/Book of Circus takes palce after Ep 15 of S1.

Oh gotcha….. I’m on ep 5 and it just answered my previous question though…. I get it and it makes sense

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
As one of the things for Belle is to be able to empathize more given that her curse won't kill are living beings. It was unexpected how much she loved those pops. (They were adorable, but we haven't seen that sight of her.) Honestly, they way that she got angry when the guys who were attacking Adonis considered those Pops as things. A little growth out of Belle is nice to see,

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.32.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.36.33_PM.png

As Belle is the Girl of Reason, Adonis is the Question. For every question, there is a reason for it. No doubt these two will need to be working together. As Adonis questions the reasons for swords, we also see Belle destroying them. As if I can't kill them, I will kill their weapon. Really good stuff IMO.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.44.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.44.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.44.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.44.41_PM.png

Tizano one of the soloists mentioned by Gaff at the beginning of the episode has gone rouge. Definitely a corrupted soloist. Causing friction between Topdogs and Underdogs is not good. At least Belle finally has a task. Though the others she is working with are quite a mess. And it seems like a suicide mission of sorts? Well, hopefully things turn out ok for her.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.50.52_PM.png

One big intrigue is that Kitty is a Prince and despite helping Belle, he is not afraid of cutting her down. Sian, on the other hand, is fully putting her trust in her. For her to be free she will question the reason. More to prove that her and Adonis will work side by side.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.55.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.55.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_4.56.03_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished watching episode 2+3 of Owarimonogatari which covers the arc Sodachi Riddle.

As we learned at the end of episode 1 of Owarimonogatari, Oikura has come back to school. Her attitude towards Koyomi is very much the same as it was before she left two years ago. The problem is that he doesn't know why she hates him. Normally, if someone hates you, you would have a good idea why. Essentially, she seems to hate him with the resolve that he killed her parents.

She mentions his justice is self-righteous. Meaning he naively believes he has done nothing wrong. To try to solve this issue, Koyomi takes Ougi back to when he visited a ruined house where he got tutored by a girl when he was in 7th grade.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_8.17.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_8.44.32_PM.png

Koyomi struggled with mathematics at a young age. So he was led to this ruined house to be tutored by a girl his age. This experience was more than just getting tutored in math, he enjoyed his time with that girl. HE came to love math as the time he spent here was closer to hanging out with a friend rather than a study session. By loving mathematics, he came to find the world more interesting. Which ultimately inspired him to be the person he is today.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.07.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.12.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.12.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.12.21_PM.png

Now we trace the attitude Oikura has right now. Essentially, she meant Koyomi is who he is because of her. As Koyomi is rather helpless, he is unable to make the connection that girl and Oikura are one and the same. She was targeting Koyomi from the start. She was aiming Koyomi to come not to an abandoned house, but rather to her home. After all, whenever they had a meeting, she was always there first. The only time Koyomi arrived first is when the girl never showed up.

But this raises the question of why would Oikura's home be in the state it was in? Simply put, she was raised in a bad environment with terrible parents. Now this goes back to Koyomi and what Oikura declares him being self-righteous. She was more than likely being abused and there were clear signs of it, but Koyomi never picked it up. Essentially, she is a girl who needed help, but never received it. From Koyomi's perspective, he was both naive and an idiot. From Oikura's perspective, it seemed like his thought process was more in the line of, well, this isn't my issue, and she assumed he ignored her signs of help.

Well, you ask why would Oikura go after Koyomi? What can a kid the same age as her do to help her from abusive parents? That is because both of his parents are police officers. All he had to was mention to his parents of Oikura's living conditions. The police would investigate and, more than likely, the parents would be punished. But that never happened. Which is why Oikura thought that she ignored him.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.14.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.19.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.21.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.23.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.25.02_PM.png

What makes this even more tragic from Oikura's end was that she thought bringing this boy with parents as police officers could have saved me. Which is why when they met up, she didn't want compensation. She assumed that the compensation that she would receive is the police's help. It is hard for a child being abused to ask for help. But nothing happened.

There was one session that they had that ended early. Given the massive clue of her being abused by her parents, Koyomi was more than likely in the position to clearly see her parents abusing her. Given the next day, nothing happened. She left was never seen again. All that was left was the empty note.

The time spent with Oikura was a life-changing event for him. It changed the person who he was, but for Koyomi he received all the help and knowledge from Oikura, but he gave nothing in return. The invitation symbolizes the knowledge that Oikura gave him. While the final letter that he read after Oikura left was empty. This symbolizes the amount of help he gave her. Which was nothing, absolutely empty.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.25.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.26.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.26.12_PM.png

Overall, this really clears up why Oikura had so much hatred for Koyomi in the flashback from the Ogi Formula arc, making so much sense. She gave him her knowledge of math and not only did he not help her, but he surpassed her in the subject that she loved. Though it does bring the question of how Oikura knew Koyomi's parents were police officers. As Hanekawa mentions, it is more than likely there is more that Koyomi doesn't remember. Or perhaps doesn't want to remember regarding Oikura.

Regardless, this was a fantastic arc that really used the elements from the previous one so well.

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.35.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-08-02_at_9.36.23_PM.png