tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Since I didn't have an opportunity to read Danmachi before S5 started, I am doing a rewatch. World building was the concept is interesting Gods descending to earth to live among humans.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-29_at_9.16.04_AM.png

But beyond just looking at episode 1 for itself, it centers around Bell. Damn I forgot how much of a massive simp he is :snoop:. It ends with him wanting to become stronger, but it is essentially the kid who gets made fun of and proclaims I need to be stronger so that it doesn't happen. The episode is so weirdly paced that you are left questioning Bell's resolve.

This is def an episode back in the day when it was airing people would drop at episode 1.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I started watching demon slayer for the first time a week and a half ago, got to the latest anime ep, then went and read the rest of the Manga, the story is average to me but the fight animation made up for it, I give the series as a whole a good 7/10

Edit:
Also I'm caught up on kaiju #8 anime/Manga too 🤓

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

As Kraft lays out his plan and meets with Diana, he finds that most likely Amati beat him to it. It would make sense that he wouldn't let Kraft's plan go without an obstacle. Though his offer was on credit and so if Kraft gives the money, she will sell that to him. On another note, the follow-up of humans and pagan gods becoming a couple. This, at the very least, has had him rethink what Holo means to him.
SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-07-29_at_5.26.53_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-07-29_at_5.26.59_PM.png

The conversation between Kraft and Marc was really cool. It was basically a conversation between men. Marc, who has a wife, knows what Kraft is going through. Kraft is busting his balls off and why? Well, easily it is because, whether he realizes it or not, he has deep feelings for Holo. The beginning of this arc we got Holo realizing she fell in love with Kraft. At the very least, it seems we are expected this arc to end with Kraft acknowledging his own feelings for Holo.
Screen_Shot_2024-07-29_at_5.33.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-29_at_5.33.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-29_at_5.34.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-29_at_5.34.56_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
As I have been watching Koyomimonogatari, which has 15-min episodes to focus on start between the arcs. One that really caught my eye was episode 8, titled Koyomi Mountain. Which takes place in the middle of the arc Nadeko Medusa in Monogatari Second Season.

This episode in particular takes place in the abandoned shrine on top of the mountain. Which the shrine Nadeko Sengoku rebuilds when she becomes a God. We have been getting teases here and there about Ougi Oshino. As we know, she is Meme Oshino's niece, and she reflects on how Meme dealt with the matter at the shrine, which kept Heart-Under-Blade at bay. She brings up a point why didn't he serve countermeasures for another apparition.

As we know in the Nadeko Medusa arc, there were no countermeasures they had to deal with Sengoku when she became a God. They were at her mercy as she threatened to kill Senjougahara, Koyomi and Shinobu. If it wasn't for Kaiki and his lessons of the real world which he taught Sengoku, those 3 wouldn't have been saved.

Which raises the question is that why Ougi guided Sengoku to become a God of that shrine? We know Gaen wanted Heart-Under-Blade to be a God, but how does that reflect with what Meme did? Did they have the same goal or was it a difference of opinion since Meme Oshino left town after the events of Bakemonogatari? Very curious how things play out following the 2nd season.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_10.00.10_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_10.00.23_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_10.00.31_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_10.00.38_AM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Isekai Shikkaku adapted the part well for where it really sells itself as a creative Isekai parody.

Delighted they nailed this episode. Since the first 3 episodes we saw some good fun isekai parody. But this episode with the reveal of Sensei's skill is so unexpected it is refreshing. To start with Suzuki, he was a person in his old world was bullied and like he said, treated as a pet. The good contrast in this episode showed that people in this new world didn't treat him differently then he did in his old world. Then we have his skill, in which he literally makes pets out of humans, Demi-humans and animals. The ironic part that he became the person that he would hate.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.22.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.25.48_PM.png

Once again, Sensei shows himself as a very interesting Mc. I've to love Melos was there for the save. Annette's efforts buying the armor coming through even if she was mind controlled. Sensei's word to Annette is that she isn't a bird in a cage. He knows that Annette is not as weak as Ysha fears. Her ability to gain back control was proof of that.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.16.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.19.42_PM.png

Sensei's skill for sending Offworlders back to their original world is really cool. The idea of sending people back to their worlds is something we don't see too much in the isekai genre in general. Ultimately, Suzuki's story was about what happens when the weak gains power. As mentioned before with Suzuki, he became what he hated.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.26.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.26.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.28.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.28.18_PM.png

Sensei does mention that Suzuki's story in his old world is not over. He can learn his lessons here and move his life in the right direction. He could return to having the miserable life. His quote it is up to him if his life back home is a masterpiece or not. It is in Suzuki's hands whether he turns his life around or not back home essentially. Power didn't change, but perhaps effort on his end will.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.30.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.31.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.31.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_3.31.20_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished watching Koyomimonogatari. For the most part, Koyomimonogatari feels like side stories and supplements. Through the first 10 episodes you have things that supplement Koyomi and the relationship between ten girls he has helped. The most notable is the episode featuring Ougi as she has been more teased so that episode was more interesting. The last two episodes put a focus.

From the end of Tsukimonogatari we know that Ononoki has started living with Koyomi to help protect him. Essentially, since Koyomi is trying to not become a vampire. Though the shocking news for him is that Kagenui is taken out. Since they wanted to deal with Ononoki. So to recap our events, we have Meme Oshino missing, Kaiki taken out at the end of Koimonogatari. Add Kagenui to that list as well. Essentially, the role of King of the town which Gaen entrusted to Koyomi to handle never happened. Since the role of King left unfulfilled once Sengoku came back to normal.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_8.15.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_8.15.19_PM.png

Now Koyomi is in checkmate position. No matter how he acts, he is powerless. Ononoki can't protect him without contradicting her role as an apparition. The other adults are missing. So Gaen kills Koyomi with the apparition killing sword. What are Gaen's plans and is there a hidden reason we don't know about? Given that Koyomi sees Hachikuji when he makes up, what does this imply? I assume he can no longer be a vampire if he is dead. But there appears to be a trick hiding in the background if I were to guess.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_8.24.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_8.24.20_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-07-30_at_8.28.36_PM.png

Overall, I would give Koyomimonogatari 8/10. The first 10 episodes are enjoyable, but they feel more like side stories. The last two episodes push the story forward, but bring more questions than answers.