tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I haven't read any manga books in years. I just got back into watching anime, but if the book is even better I'll have to check it out. Think I saw Frieren on Crunchyroll.

Yes, I like the characters a lot so far and I'm just really excited to dive deeper into their backgrounds and personalities. I also like the world too, but I haven't seen enough of it yet, I'm only on episode 5. Is the next season undecided? I hope it's approved. I'd hate it if they cancel it once I really start getting into it.

I wasn't sure how to describe Spice and Wolf, but yeah there's a maturity to it that I like. Very different from the rest of my watchlist.
It hasn't been announced, but given the anime's massive popularity it is a matter of when not if. There is enough content to have a 2 cour/24-28 episodes for S2. The main issue getting the same staff back to work on because production values were phenomenal throughout. Also adding the director is also the director of Bocchi the Rock, and it is likely that gets a S2 announcement after the 2nd recap movie airs.

timeless

All Star
Daps
It hasn't been announced, but given the anime's massive popularity it is a matter of when not if. There is enough content to have a 2 cour/24-28 episodes for S2. The main issue getting the same staff back to work on because production values were phenomenal throughout. Also adding the director is also the director of Bocchi the Rock, and it is likely that gets a S2 announcement after the 2nd recap movie airs.
Oh yay :thumbsup: that's sounds great! I think since there's so much good feedback the staff might want to stick it out for the next season. Never heard of Bocchi the Rock. Is it on Crunchyroll?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Elusive Samurai Episode 4

Great episode to introduce Sadamune who is our first antagonistic character since Tokiyuki has escaped Kamakura.

As we have spent a lot of time with Tokiyuki and the gang, we get a focus on Takauji. Moronao with a very interesting remark. Your smile is becoming less and less human. Then we proceed with a creepy shot of his eyeballs. Perhaps hinting he is losing his humanity? We also are introduced to Sadamune and Takauji has assigned him to sniff out any that are left that are loyal to the Hojo still.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_12.18.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_12.18.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_12.21.12_PM.png

Tokiyuki is weak point and simple. So archery is a better weapon for him than the sword. Interesting idea for Yorshige to tell Tokiyuki to learn archery from Sadamune. Given he is an enemy, you know his skills must be the real deal. Though the fact he is the enemy is a difficult manner.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_12.27.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_12.27.38_PM.png

Yorshige really baiting Sadamune well in this episode. Clearly he has a plan for Tokiyuki to win. No surprise it involves Tokiyuki evading. But for the first we see Tokiyuki getting hit. Really emphasizes Sadamune's strength and that Tokiyuki's evasiveness isn't perfect, and he is hittable. As Sadamune has put Tokiyuki in a tough spot, how will he get out of it?

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_12.54.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_1.09.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_1.10.05_PM.png

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Just leaving this here for anybody who wants to watch an condensed version of the Namek Saga

I’m currently rewatching the OG version

Frieza’s voice :pachaha:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Current list
  • Slime - it's definitely ramped down to a slice of life/comedy
  • Code Geass: Roze - Meh
  • Failure Frame - a bit of a twist on the typical, MC seems a bit more evil than the typical. I'm just starting to wrap my mind around Isekai tropes and Power Fantasy tropes.
  • I Parry Everything - comedy of errors + fantasy - latest ep is funny to me.
  • Suicide Squad - I don't like this, but keep watching. Shout out to Smooth Criminal/Clayface
  • Strongest Magician - Meh
  • Spice and Wolf - TBH, I can't really follow either the economics or the romance. I just like it when I watch it. I think Spice is trying to make some sort of options play, but I kinda feel like's been bullied into the relationship by Wolf...
  • MHA S7 - it's aight. I just want to kinda finish the series

Finished recently
  • Mushoku Tensei - started at the start and finished the most recent. Those first 4-6 episodes I just didn't like. I stopped and started this series more than a few times. Too much Ecchi/Fan Service. And then there's a whole cour of Erectile Dysfunction and Falling in Love....and then season 2 part 2....whoa (c) Black Rob
  • Demon Slayer - Zenitsu made me almost stop watching
Mentioned before
  • Kaiju No 8
  • Reject Ranger
  • Train to the End of the World
  • WindBreaker
Looking to start
  • Fate/Zero
  • Patlabor (possibly)
  • Dominion Tank Police

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I finished watching Monogatari Series: Second Season, which covers the Hitagi End arc.

Honestly, Monogatari is a special series. Much of what occurred in the first season was absolutely spectacular. But the 2nd season, undoubtedly, shapes up to be a classic with 10/10 storytelling, direction, VA work and music. Simply a series that is literally 95% talking can keep so engaged. Admittedly, there are some perverted comedy bits, but that doesn't degrade the story in any way. As the tone shifts when the series needs to be a serious, it is well done.

As we know from the Nadeko Medusa arc, because of the involvement of Ougi, Nadeko Sengoku become a God. Which essentially resulted in her eying to Koyomi. Though Senjougahara was able to buy time for her, Koyomi and Shinobu until they graduate. The issue remains that these 3 will die if nothing happens in their favor. So Senjougahara makes a call to a man she hates, Deishuu Kaiki. As he was responsible for the Crab apparition back in Bakemonogatari.

Now this arc takes in the perspective mostly of Kaiki which is rather unexpected. As a con artist, Senjougahara wishes for Kaiki to deceive Sengoku. Although the actual task to that is complicated. First off, Sengoku is now a God. Essentially, you end up in the hole those three are in if you anger her. The other thing is why would Kaiki risk himself. Which brings us to Hanamonogatari and, if we recall, Kaiki cares about Kanbaru's mom by extension, Kanbaru herself. Because Kanbaru is affiliated with Senjougahara then by ignoring her request she would be putting Kanbaru at risk.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_9.26.36_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_9.26.19_AM.png

Despite on the surface level, we see Sengoku as an antagonist of sorts. Part of Kaiki's plan to deceive Sengoku revolves around gathering information, so he visits her at the shrine she stays at now. One of the most concerning things that he picks up right away is that how much she doesn't care about the situation that he caused in Bakemonogatari. As he was the con artist who caused her pain. But as he brings up Araragi her mind is much more absorbed on that.

In many ways, this shows that despite becoming a God, it seems like Sengoku feels very much the same girl as before. The issue is that Koyomi rejected her, saying that love will never come. In her twisted mind now she is fine with her love not being answered, but being rejected is a no-go. It comes down to the fact that people are fine if not knowing their love is required. The issue here people will be heartbroken when their love is rejected. So her killing Koyomi would imply her love will never happen. Though there is a mess of logic in her thinking. But given that she has no hatred from Kaiki from that.

This arc really puts it into a position where you look at Sengoku and instead of loathing her. Instead, you feel bad. She seems so pure and innocent. The other thing this arc really does extremely well is showcase the mental state of Senjougahara. She is taxed with the issue of Sengoku wanting to kill herself and her boyfriend. She knows Koyomi's personality isn't one to give up on Sengoku, in which it has led her to ask Kaiki for help. Even so, planning even the smallest chance of surviving must be stressful. When Kaiki gives her the plans with reassurance, the way Senjougahara loves so happy and relived was great. Despite the tough attitude, nothing means more to her than her boyfriend. The fact that she has hope is all she can ask for.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_7.53.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_7.59.47_PM.png

As Ononoki is working for Gaen-senpai. She wants Kaiki to back off from the case he is doing. Simply put, Gaen has been working to put that town in the best position it can be. We also learn that Sengoku wasn't the one destined to be the God, but rather it was supposed to be Shinobu. After all, we learned from Shinobu time that, she was once revered as a God. But because of Ougi's involvement, that title belongs to Sengoku. For Gaen the fate of Koyomi, Shinobu, Senjougahara and Sengoku doesn't matter as much as the fate of the town and the many. Meanwhile, for Kaiki as a con artist, money is the most important thing. He also has a pride of doing a job, so backing out here isn't an option for him.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_8.31.48_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_8.32.10_PM.png

After Kaiki sneaks into Sengoku's room and sees what she was hiding in her closet, he meets up with Hanekawa which is an important conversation. Unlike with Senjougahara, Hanekawa has a decent grasp on Sengoku. The two big things is that nobody's words could ever reach her and I don't she is in love with anyone. This brings up the point that she isn't truly in love with Koyomi. Which adds the point why her logic is fine with killing him. Normally, if you truly love someone you would never want to kill them. Look at Senjougahara she is doing everything in her power to prevent her boyfriend from dying. Since his death would make her feel her life is meaningless. Despite being friends with Tsukihi they had a more neutral friendship. While Koyomi was the first person who showed what she perceived as kind. Which she latched onto that. More than likely, this is more of an obsession than love.

This really gives the term for Hanekawa the phrase that she uses "I don't know everything, I know everything I know". While she does not know everything, nobody does. Given how smart and perceptive she is, she can figure out things relatively quickly and precisely. Like the Hanekawa we know, she is the only female in this series that has a big enough heart to matchup with Koyomi. As expected, she wants to save Sengoku. Despite Sengoku saying she is happy, she knows just because someone says they are happy it doesn't mean they are. Hanekawa experienced that first hand.

Also, one neat bit of information given to us a bit later is that when dealing with the issue of Senjougahara and her mother being obsessed with the cult. He made the decision that would help Senjougahara. Unfortunately, her mom moved to a different cult and their family situation just got worse. Which, of course, resulted in her hating Kaiki for ruining her life. The fact that Kaiki can look at her and be proud is rather unexpected. But it shows the kindness of a character we viewed as a villain initially.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_6.45.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_6.45.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_6.47.06_PM.png

However, as the time came to deceive Sengoku, Kaiki failed. For the plain reason that she never trusted him one bit. Which can be alluded to the fact that she has never let anyone inside of her heart. Not even Koyomi. Which can seem odd. You take it from the fact that Sengoku hated who she was. It was because that she hated herself that she trusted nobody. If she hated herself, why would she open to herself if people complimented her? In fact, her one friend Tsukihi was brutally honest with her in their last conversation. Which kind points out the things Sengoku considers the most important in a friendship.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.18.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.22.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.26.50_PM.png

As we know, Sengoku was hiding something in her room that she kept hidden even from Koyomi. We get the twist that what she was hiding was a manga she created. Originally, this being a big reveal seems odd, but when you consider the fact that for most of this series so far, her character was defined as being in love with Koyomi and nothing else. We knew nothing about Sengoku besides this. Her snubbing people was less being rude, but more so closing them off from her heart. Manga is a form of art itself and we are our biggest critics. Sengoku most likely over criticized her work, so much so she wanted to hide that away from anyone else to see.

But this is Sengoku's true passion. This is what she wanted to do and what she loved. All it took is for one person to compliment her work for her to open her heart. To think this person was Kaiki is beyond surprising. This is a life lesson not only for Sengoku, but anyone in general. You are the only want that can seek out your dreams and accomplish them. You are the only person that can take of yourself. We will have loved ones, but if you can't love yourself, anybody else can love you. Truly this shows also Kaiki is a kind man underneath it all. He not only saved Sengoku here, but was able to open her heart and have her understanding what is it that she truly wanted.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.34.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.35.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.39.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.40.06_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.45.55_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.47.36_PM.png

As Kaiki wraps up his job and saves Sengoku, he finally comes to face with Koyomi. Having extracted the talisman that she ate, he gives him back the talisman. He gives a word of advice to Koyomi not to interact with Sengoku anymore. Koyomi clearly cares for Sengoku, but it is because of that, they ended up in this situation. Very much the same way that Kaiki's kindness is what brought upon suffering in Senjougahara's life. Which is why she absolutely hates him. It is not to imply that Sengoku hates Koyomi. But more there is nothing Koyomi can do for her. Let her live her life and make her own choices. It is fitting that Koyomi saved Senjougahara from the consequence of Kaiki's kindness to her as Kaiki saved Sengoku from the consequence of Koyomi's kindness.

The really interesting bit here is that this is wait Gaen wanted. Which makes sense if the plan was to make Shinobu the God rather than Sengoku? It is very touching. Though Kaiki gets hit by what is most likely the boy who cursed Sengoku that caused her suffering in Bakemonogatari. More than likely part of Ougi's moves. I assume he will be fine since he appears in Hanamonogatari. Still, this makes the events going forward rather interesting as it dives into the final season. Monogatari really is a special series and a well done anime.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_7.54.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-27_at_8.00.26_PM.png

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I honestly still feel like I don’t know what’s going on in TOG. But it’s just gonna sit in this dirty bathroom stall, tie my arm up, inject it in my veins and just go where that China white horse takes me.

Mission Yozakura had a really good wholes ep….

I swear all the side characters are so likeable. It’s a joy seeing what’s up with them.

Fable is crazy dark, jeez

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I honestly still feel like I don’t know what’s going on in TOG. But it’s just gonna sit in this dirty bathroom stall, tie my arm up, inject it in my veins and just go where that China white horse takes me.

Mission Yozakura had a really good wholes ep….

I swear all the side characters are so likeable. It’s a joy seeing what’s up with them.

Fable is crazy dark, jeez
I don't remember the first season at all really and I'm not inclined to go back and rewatch so I'm just along for the ride

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Having gotten deeper into Mushoku Tensei I'm surprised by it's content. I'm at 19 of 26 volumes (73% done) and this is more or less heavily dominated by the romance and slice of life aspects than the adventuring and battles. It feels like 2/3rd of it is mostly daily life type stuff rather than adventuring and fighting. I feel like I've been reading an edited eroge with all the H-content stripped out almost like the edited Fate Stay/Knight anime. I feel like because you can't hear his internal thoughts in the same way the anime kinda edits Rudeus and makes him a much better person. Guy is absolutely the kind of man that should never have gotten married. This series commentary on marriage and relationships in general is really messed up.

The anime takes some liberties with the plot but overall it's probably the best way to experience this story for most since they seem like they will end up animating it all. I reached the point in life where I mostly prefer reading the content first then watching anime later so I'll finish the books first then watch.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finished watching Tsukimonogatari which happens immediately after Koimonogatari as Kaiki has saved Sengoku from being a God. At the beginning of the movie, Shinobu provides an analysis of Ononoki which before this we didn't know much about her beyond that she is Kagenui's shikigami. Ononoki personality is very robotically at times. The idea that she originated from a human corpse and is actually a doll is rather interesting. Consider her true nature is that of an apparition, does that mean her nature is that of a monster?

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_9.08.42_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_9.09.36_AM.png

What gets this arc rolling is that Koyomi can't see himself in the mirror. Well, considering he has vampire powers, the instant fear is that he is turning into a vampire. Well, Shinobu is fairly confident that he is turning into a vampire essentially that at surface he seems human but looking past that, he has all the characteristics of a vampire or one turning into one. Of course, the issue of whom to turn for help is an issue. Meme Oshino is still not around. Which leaves Kageuni and Gaen as the two to reach out. The main concern with Kageuni is that she went after Tsukihi in Nisemonogatari. Though that leaves Gaen as the other option. Even if Koyomi feels uncomfortable around her.

Though the manner of that she knows everything is once again shown as she sets up plans for her to meet both Ononoki and Kagenui. Their evaluation is the same as Shinobu. The incident with Sengoku is the main reason for this. If we recall from Senjougahara, he constantly went day after day to the shrine to convince Sengoku to change her mind because he felt it was his responsibility. Each visit she attacked him and left him barely living. The only reason he stayed alive was his vampire traits. Koyomi truly relied on his vampire powers like they were on his own too much.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_10.38.53_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.04.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.06.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.07.42_PM.png

At this point, Koyomi has two choices. Either lose his humanity or give up using his powers again. Losing his humanity would man saying bye to Senjougahara, Hanekawa and his sisters. So the plan should to no longer use his vampire powers to limit the changes to his body. The issue is that with all these things happening, can he do it? Koyomi is a nice guy to default. Will he be able to back off from saving one if he is truly determined to no longer use his powers?

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.09.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.10.08_PM.png

We learn that a former college of the trio of specialists that is Tadatsuru kidnapped Kanbaru and the Araragi sisters. Now why he did that is unknown. At the very least, this presents a very difficult situation for Koyomi. How does he go against him if he can't use his powers and Shinobu is stuck in her loli form? At the very least, he will be having Ononoki's aid, but it doesn't make things easy for him.

More information regarding Tadatsuru is that like Kagenui he deals with immortal apparitions. More specifically dead ones. Considering he is a doll master, it's clear he had some involvement with Ononoki.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.32.47_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.32.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_3.58.37_PM.png

As Koyomi and Ononoki make their way to meet Tadatsuru, they come across Ougi. Very odd to see her there. She reflects on several things regarding Koyomi. The fact that he has matured as he is much calmer than he usually would be. In most cases, he would panic to get to the matter as soon as possible. More than likely suing his vampire powers. She remarks on him still depending on others. Curious why would she say that? Does she want Koyomi to turn in a vampire?

Ononoki's comments following leaving Ougi is very interesting and disturbing. The matter that she is the one that organized this whole matter was Ougi. Well, we had a feeling that she was beyond everything by now. Given that Koimonogatari was under Kaiki's POV and not Koyomi there is information that we have that he does not possess. We can only hope Koyomi catches on.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.03.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.07.05_PM.png

Shinobu's talk with Koyomi before he goes to speak with Tadatsuru we get an insight on their relationship. One thing that we have noticed is that since Bakemonogatari ended, Shinobu and Koyomi's relationship has gotten closer and closer. Very wholesome all things considered. Though her point that she states is rather obvious. She cares about him much more than the rest of the girls. No surprise if he enters a position where he will die, not only will she save him, but will turn him into a vampire. If you recall from Kizumonogatari, Koyomi refused to let Shinobu die. Here we learn of a scenario that Shinobu would do the same in return.

One thing that is troubling when Koyomi meets Tadaturu is that he doesn't understand his purpose. It is obvious that Ougi is involved. His remark about finding Meme Oshino is rather interesting, but he has a point. Before Shinobu can make a move, Ononoki kills Tadatsuru. More than likely, if she did nothing, Shinobu would have acted and lost his humanity. Ononoki words are simply once humans turn into monsters, that is the end for them. No doubt that is Ononoki saying don't be an idiot and lose your humanity. Just a reminder to Koyomi. Although this is the first time, we have seen independence actions from Ononoki. Though it could be said Koyomi has much less authority over her then Gaen or Kagenui.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.32.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.32.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.39.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.45.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.45.04_PM.png

As this arc finishes up, we receive good news for Koyomi that he can handle sunlight again. At the very least, he is at a point he can maintain his humanity without needing to overly hide it around his sisters. This arc really did a fantastic job at making you think about all these supernatural beings, the thought of losing your humanity. Ononoki in many ways, is one such example that lost her humanity. Though the question is did she every had it to begin with. Overall, this is a follow-up Second Season that maintains the super high quality. For the first time, it felt the pacing was faster than it was slower. But the pacing felt perfect, all things considered.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-28_at_5.46.31_PM.png