LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Don’t you mean Viral Hit is what TR should be?

That was the comparable that @LauderdaleBoss gave us

exactly
nikkas saw them gangs in Windbreaker and immediately thought of Tokyo Revengers, but were off as fukk and couldn't really enjoy it because nikkas couldn't stand all that talking with fists sentimental super friends vibe it had.

You see one episode of Viral Hit and you know its TR with streaming. Most peoples biggest gripe about TR was that Takimitchy never trained or learned how to fight, but in Viral Hit, everybody gets their wish.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Finished watching Mashle and currently watching Yatagarasu: The Raven Does Not Choose it's Master and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

So I'm almost on season 2 of Slime and I think it's one of my favorites. I dropped Yatagarasu for now. It reminds me too much of the Chinese Dramas I watch and I'm trying to take a break from those :hmm:.

Rimuru has to be one of my favorite protagonists. I can't wait to see how much his little town develops in the later seasons. I think it's real endearing how he's made it a place for all monsters to feel welcome and how he gave them all names so that they were more "real" instead of being like computer generated. I especially like the concept of certain races like the ogres evolving when they get a name. I'm still waiting for him and Veldora to break that magic prison he's in. Speaking of Veldora, for a giant city-destroying storm dragon he's such a big baby when talking about Rimuru, like that's his little brother. I want him to adopt Ifrit too. They get along so well. How cute.

Recently I've watched:

Failure Frame - I felt so bad for the main character in the beginning, but I think he's showing his true personality now which is a far cry from a victim. I was taken back to Dragon Age Origins when he fighting all the monsters in the dungeon lol reminded me of trying to gear up before going to the next area so I don't get my butt kicked by werewolves or darkspawn. I think that's why I'm enjoying it too.
Solo Leveling - This is up there with Slime. Im really digging this show. The concept is a lot like the other "oh no I got stuck in a video game, now I have to get stronger" animes, but in this one the video game is a portal that have to be closed to stop monsters from coming through. Im loving the progress of the main character and how it reminds me of grinding in RPG games alone with a solo character lol. I'm sad i have to wait til the end of the year to see season 2, buuuut I'll be patient :dry:
Spice and Wolf - I just watched the first episode and it's really cute. Not a lot of action at first, but compared to the rest of my watchlist it's slow, easy to grasp, and kind of relaxing. I really like the environment and world it takes place in and the addition of mythology.
The Witch and The Beast - I only seen the first episode on this one. When I read the synopsis I got Blood+ vibes, like the relationship between Saya and Hanji and their bond. Not gonna lie, I thought it sucked the first 10 minutes, but I stuck it out to the end and :ohmy: I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. The characters are not what I was expecting and the plot changed up on me. Looking forward to see how it develops.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian, finished adapting volume 1 with episode 4 along with the prologue of volume 2. It's been awhile since we not only had a good Ln RomCom adapted, but a great adaptation of one. They nailed this episode, the best one so far.

Best episode so far. We really got a nice focus on Touya, the class president. I love how he persuades Masachika to join the student council. He doesn't say things like it would be an honor to serve or this will look good when you apply for college. He simply tells him his motivation and quite frankly, it is perfect. Furthermore, he joined to impress the girl he loves. Which is Vice President Chisaki.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_12.52.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_12.56.58_PM.png

Essentially, the point being that your reason can be as shallow as possible. But ultimately, even a shallow reason can be great for the person. As we can see with Touya his transformation is incredible and deserves to be accomplished.

As we moved on to Alya who was dealing with the issue between the baseball and soccer teams. This really points out Alya's flaws. We know very well she is an incredible hard worker. Working with others has been something she has been putting off for so long, that putting into this environment is foreign to her.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.03.16_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.03.48_PM.png

At some point, she just degrades herself, thinking this is impossible and cries for help in Russian. Alya's biggest issue her pride. Saying in Japanese would imply and admit she needs help. But she says it in Russian, and she knows no one in the room would understand her unless Kuze is around. This goes back to the title Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian. This is the first time she hides her feelings from someone other than Masachika. She hides the fact that she needs help. Would love to see down the line she is able to say she needs help in Japanese.

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.06.58_PM.png

As Masachika sees what Alya is dealing with, he basically goes good luck. But hearing that cry in Russian once again hits him differently. It is the guilt of hearing a girl cry for help, and you are the only one who knows it. Once again Masachika steps up for Alya. To Alya's eyes, he seemed to pull off a miracle. But like in the flashback, Masachika knows how to work with others. He understands how to get the people to agree on both sides. The captain of the baseball was dating one of the managers of the soccer team. Using that to his advantage, he was able to give both sides with what they wanted.

Afterwords we still see the stubbornness from Alya that she won't back down. But that is part of Alya that defines her. Much like Touya mentioned earlier, Masachika sees a good reason why for joining the student council. That is to help Alya become Class President. Great moment. Although highlighted by Alya's tsundere traits. Though at least she does show concern for the slap he gave him. Much like that childhood friend, he shares the same feelings for Alya at that moment. Whatever those feelings are, that is more enough reason to help Alya.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.19.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.20.50_PM.png

Since Alya is half Russian, the cheek kiss leaves more question to this. Looking this up online, females usually cheek kiss close friends and relatives. Now one thing that this does imply is about her friendship with Masachika. Although we do learn that what Alya said in Russian when Masachika told her to take his hands was I love you. So that more so clarifies what the cheek kiss signified. Of course, in typical Tsundere fashion, Alya is denying her feelings.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.30.39_PM.png

SPOILER_Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.32.59_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.34.00_PM.png

Although the talk between Masha and Alya, it is obvious that Masha is talking about Kuze. It seems clear to me that she wants to push Alya to accept her feelings for him. I can't imagine she would steal Kuze for herself. Great episode all around.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.36.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-24_at_1.36.21_PM.png

ED for Ep 4 below

I have this on my watchlist 🙂 will watch when I get a chance.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just finished watching Shinobu Time in Monogatari Series: Second Season.

Compared to the other arcs in Monogatari Series: Second Season, this one was less push the plot developments forward. More so a focus on both Shinobu and Hachikuji. This initial main part of this arc centers around the darkness that Koyomi encounters while he is with Hachikuji. Even with Ononoki helping out, there were no real answers until Shinobu woke up. The big information given is that it is not an apparition. The story revolves around when she created her first minion. Which we first hear about in Kizumonogatari.

Essentially as Heart-Under-Blade as she traveled from Antarctica to Japan, she was praised as a God. That is until the darkness came, which caused destruction, which she was able to escape. Her minion did not, but because she had his hand left she was capable of making him her minion as she cared about him. Sadly, he was shocked to learn what Heart-Under-Blade truly is. Thus, committed suicide because of that. The issue is beyond that story we don't have too much information to work off. Outside the noticeable aspect of Shinobu mentioning she couldn't do anything against it in her prime. Is this darkness an absolute power that we haven't seen yet?

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_1.35.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_1.37.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_6.19.56_PM.png

As they try to make their way out of the school building, Koyomi gets not only separated from Shinobu, but their bond is separated. The biggest concern is that both Shinobu and him were losing what left they had of being a vampire. This is not a concern for Koyomi, who would turn human. Shinobu would lose the few traces of being a vampire and would die if they couldn't locate her. Thus, to receive help, they get that from Izuko Gaen, which we learn is Kanbaru's aunt. She promised to help Koyomi in return he does some favors for her involving Kanbaru. Her biggest contribution was clarifying that the darkness isn't seeking out Shinobu. Rather it is targeting Hachikuji.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_6.49.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_7.04.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_7.58.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_7.58.23_PM.png

What we learn from Gaen is that the darkness eradicates apparitions. More specifically those that strayed from their path. Back 400 years ago, Shinobu was targeted because she strayed from being a Vampire into being a God. The only reason the Darkness stopped going after her was because she had a minion. Creating a minion that she did imply that she wasn't lying in acting as a god. Since that is a duty a God would do.

Turning to Hachikuji, who is the lost cow. The issue is that she hasn't been getting anybody lost as she has come to be friends with Koyomi and his group. So the Darkness should see to it to eliminate Hachikuji and send her to the afterlife. In typical Koyomi fashion, he refuses to let that happen. Even suggesting that he would stay lost with Hachikuji. The issue being that Koyomi has so many people that care about him, it would be improper to let herself be lost with him. This does not contradict the lesson he learns in Bakemonogatari in asking for help. He did that with Gaen. The issue is that the only choice he had was to let Hachikuji go or help her fulfill her duty. But her duty would be harm to someone.

A touching farewell to Hachikuji. While this arc brought back the weird fan service. Hachikuji saying she loves Koyomi feels very legitimate. We know that she brushed off Koyomi saving her in the other route. But, of course, knowing someone was able to do that for you means a lot. The big noticeable thing is that she didn't miss pronounce Koyomi's name once in the arc. The positive spin on this sad farewell for Hachikuji saying meeting Koyomi meant so much to her.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_7.59.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_8.00.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_8.05.55_PM.png

As we return to the present, we see Koyomi talking to Ogi. The question is why was he telling her about this story given her indirect involvement with Sengoku becoming a God. Though this is some planning on Koyomi. In this time now he has lost Meme (though this was him moving forward), Hachikuji and the Sengoku he knew all of his life. Though the disturbing part where she mentions she punishes liars. Now we know the Darkness does that. So there is some connection between these two.

Overall, initially this was the slowest arc so far. Though quite frankly, the other 3 executed on stuff we already had knowledge of. While here it feels like we are building pieces going to the final arc of the 2nd season and beyond. The last two episodes really hit the nail regarding Hachikuji and her farewell, but also there is a threat that is out of Heart-Under-Blade's weight class.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_8.20.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_8.21.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-25_at_8.22.31_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
So I'm almost on season 2 of Slime and I think it's one of my favorites. I dropped Yatagarasu for now. It reminds me too much of the Chinese Dramas I watch and I'm trying to take a break from those :hmm:.

Rimuru has to be one of my favorite protagonists. I can't wait to see how much his little town develops in the later seasons. I think it's real endearing how he's made it a place for all monsters to feel welcome and how he gave them all names so that they were more "real" instead of being like computer generated. I especially like the concept of certain races like the ogres evolving when they get a name. I'm still waiting for him and Veldora to break that magic prison he's in. Speaking of Veldora, for a giant city-destroying storm dragon he's such a big baby when talking about Rimuru, like that's his little brother. I want him to adopt Ifrit too. They get along so well. How cute.

Recently I've watched:

Failure Frame - I felt so bad for the main character in the beginning, but I think he's showing his true personality now which is a far cry from a victim. I was taken back to Dragon Age Origins when he fighting all the monsters in the dungeon lol reminded me of trying to gear up before going to the next area so I don't get my butt kicked by werewolves or darkspawn. I think that's why I'm enjoying it too.
Solo Leveling - This is up there with Slime. Im really digging this show. The concept is a lot like the other "oh no I got stuck in a video game, now I have to get stronger" animes, but in this one the video game is a portal that have to be closed to stop monsters from coming through. Im loving the progress of the main character and how it reminds me of grinding in RPG games alone with a solo character lol. I'm sad i have to wait til the end of the year to see season 2, buuuut I'll be patient :dry:
Spice and Wolf - I just watched the first episode and it's really cute. Not a lot of action at first, but compared to the rest of my watchlist it's slow, easy to grasp, and kind of relaxing. I really like the environment and world it takes place in and the addition of mythology.
The Witch and The Beast - I only seen the first episode on this one. When I read the synopsis I got Blood+ vibes, like the relationship between Saya and Hanji and their bond. Not gonna lie, I thought it sucked the first 10 minutes, but I stuck it out to the end and :ohmy: I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. The characters are not what I was expecting and the plot changed up on me. Looking forward to see how it develops.

Witch & The Beast is a 10/10 manga in every category you would categorize it. Characters, world building, story, art, etc. I have it over Frieren and Dark Gathering as my favorite ongoing manga, although it is on hiatus still. With that being said, visually the anime is pretty meh. But the story, characters and world building still shine. Can only hope if the anime gets a continuation, it gets a studio and staff that can do it justice.

Spice & Wolf's biggest draw is the mature writing IMO. Also, the economic aspects of being a merchant is something you don't see in much anime that is cool.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
TenSura S3 Episode 16

Some really good world building in the episode. But the harem fukkery at the end with Benimaru had me dead :deadrose:

Really like this episode we had some world building at the start. I didn't know that a Tengu is the incarnation of an angel in a wolves body. Rather interesting. Speaking of the Tengu we meet Momiji who is the daughter of the current elder Kaede. The agreement is done if Benimaru marries Kaede. Honestly, Benimaru's problems by the end of the episode would have lessened if he just said yes here. Now he has a harem of women vying to be his wife.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_2.30.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_3.15.45_PM.png

The biggest issue with the Tengu having an alliance with Rimuru and Tempest is that Frey was after the Sorceruous Dynasty of Thailon. Though after the events of S2 and she is under Milim now, that seems to no longer be true. Poor Momiji for still worrying about it. Well, with that cleared, the alliance is set.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_2.48.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_2.48.28_PM.png

Ignore the actual details, Haruko finally meets his daughter and is a man of principles. No surprise he is already a doting father. Let's just say if he doesn't choose Momiji, training sessions will be hell going forward. Souei is really the rizz guy. Benimaru could learn a few lessons from him. Though tbh most of the guys would do well with it as well.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_2.39.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_3.08.50_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Great episode. Sian is alive and the talk he has with whom, I assume, is Drambuie is interesting. She is the answer to our prayers. Belle has Sian's teachings and Drambuie's sword. Also, the child of their dreams. What do they wish? By child of dreams, Perhaps she is the one who will bring the change to his world that is needed?

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_3.43.07_PM.png

So what we saw early on Belle is a little headstrong in fighting. The curse honestly can be seen as something that can teach her that killing isn't the answer. However, cutting the sword is fine via the curse. It seems the audience was more disgusted by that than her killing her opponent. Is this an issue that Sian is trying to change? Although swords feel like to have at life of their own, so the answer isn't so simple.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_4.21.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_4.21.56_PM.png

Great stuff at the end. We meet the couple that raised Belle. She meets her little sister. Honestly, seeing that they gave her a similar name to their real daughter was really touching. By the song part noticeably enhanced that. That song holds so much meaning and truly showcased how much Belle's parents loved her. Now Belle begins her journey. That rabbit, Kitty the All is definitely an interesting character going forward.

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_4.32.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_4.40.04_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-07-26_at_4.40.11_PM.png

timeless

All Star
Daps
Witch & The Beast is a 10/10 manga in every category you would categorize it. Characters, world building, story, art, etc. I have it over Frieren and Dark Gathering as my favorite ongoing manga, although it is on hiatus still. With that being said, visually the anime is pretty meh. But the story, characters and world building still shine. Can only hope if the anime gets a continuation, it gets a studio and staff that can do it justice.

Spice & Wolf's biggest draw is the mature writing IMO. Also, the economic aspects of being a merchant is something you don't see in much anime that is cool.

I haven't read any manga books in years. I just got back into watching anime, but if the book is even better I'll have to check it out. Think I saw Frieren on Crunchyroll.

Yes, I like the characters a lot so far and I'm just really excited to dive deeper into their backgrounds and personalities. I also like the world too, but I haven't seen enough of it yet, I'm only on episode 5. Is the next season undecided? I hope it's approved. I'd hate it if they cancel it once I really start getting into it.

I wasn't sure how to describe Spice and Wolf, but yeah there's a maturity to it that I like. Very different from the rest of my watchlist.