tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yo that's actually crazy because Yu-Gi-Oh is one of those shows I just watched, it never even occurred to me to read the manga either because of how much younger I was, availability, or the number of series I was keeping up with. Definitely going to spin the block and see what fukkery I've been missing. :wow:

@tripleaamin Finally caught up with Undead Farce and now I wish I wasn't, stuck waiting. Considering how unconventional it was up to this point, the vampire fan service caught me off guard but other than that? It's been pretty damn good, very intrigued by Banquet and where this goes.
It’s a gem that captured your attention for each episode that in itself. How it made of each of each of the 3 arcs use the mystery genre in a completely different each time was amazing.

At least BSD has the manga I can fall back on. This one we gotta pray for any news for a season 2 :mjcry:

Thankfully these past 2 seasons we got some real piff :blessed:

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It’s a gem that captured your attention for each episode that in itself. How it made of each of each of the 3 arcs use the mystery genre in a completely different each time was amazing.

At least BSD has the manga I can fall back on. This one we gotta pray for any news for a season 2 :mjcry:
Being forced to join #WatchGang only :picard:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
One of the impressive things about the show is how smoothly it goes by. The pacing is basically perfect. Even though very little happens, they make every interaction count or make it stand out. The episodes fly by and then you are :lupe: :wow: or :mjlol: at what happens.

To me, it's one of the best put together anime I've ever seen. It doesn't a have a plot that grips you, it doesn't really have intrigue or stuff that leads to speculation, it doesn't really go that deep on themes either.

But everything that unfolds in each episode is worth watching.
We’ll either way I was wrong on ep 11
Now :russ:
It basically takes it premise of what is the journey after beating the demon king considering the Mc is praticslly an immortal elf.

I got invested in chapter 1 as seeing how Frieren deals with seeing those whom she traveled with ended up either dying or retiring was a refreshing idea. Also how does her emotions develop and how she grows throughout the series. How Himmel has influenced her and she influences fern and stark.

The series is basically one long adventure. It’s about enjoying the ride but all the stops during this ride are amazing. The manga is 10/10 and it getting the high adaptation quality is the icing on the cake.

To put it into perspective the mage exam arc in the manga is one of the weaker arcs in the series comparing the arcs. But the anime elevated it in ways where it looks like one of the best.

I personally detest the 3 episode rule since it doesn’t take account the medium it’s adapting. Good ln adaptations take more then 3 episode to get the part that captures you attention. Of course you gave cases like AoT that can do it in 1.
I do that since too many damn anime to watch 3 ep rule I have doesn’t necessarily mean I won’t go past it if I ain’t sure either I do it if it just not flat out good enough for me if it’s borderline I go past it see what’s up since I know some anime can click little past it ie freiren just did and some I will drop at ep 8 or 10 just depends I make time for anime that are worth my time simple as that let alone reading takes up most of my time

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
We’ll either way I was wrong on ep 11
Now :russ:

I do that since too many damn anime to watch 3 ep rule I have doesn’t necessarily mean I won’t go past it if I ain’t sure either I do it if it just not flat out good enough for me if it’s borderline I go past it see what’s up since I know some anime can click little past it ie freiren just did and some I will drop at ep 8 or 10 just depends I make time for anime that are worth my time simple as that let alone reading takes up most of my time
Oh yea there’s simply too much anime that comes and degree of quality can vary a lot. Easily the most efficient approach is just wait till they get done airing to binge it.

Like this season we got Frieren, Apothcary Diaries, The Dangers in My Heart, Kingdom, Dungeon Meshi & Shangri-La Frontier all with fantastic adaptations and watching them weekly is a joy. But this amount of high quality adaptations is def an outlier.

But you still have your :trash: that with your basic generic harems, generic Isekai and soulless action that can be a complete waste of your time. The worst is when you watch enough episodes and you feel like you might as well watch the rest but you hating every second of it :unimpressed:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Oh yea there’s simply too much anime that comes and degree of quality can vary a lot. Easily the most efficient approach is just wait till they get done airing to binge it.

Like this season we got Frieren, Apothcary Diaries, The Dangers in My Heart, Kingdom, Dungeon Meshi & Shangri-La Frontier all with fantastic adaptations and watching them weekly is a joy. But this amount of high quality adaptations is def an outlier.

But you still have your :trash: that with your basic generic harems, generic Isekai and soulless action that can be a complete waste of your time. The worst is when you watch enough episodes and you feel like you might as well watch the rest but you hating every second of it :unimpressed:
Na breh I’ll just google a summary of what happened rest of the season or series i refuse to waste time on average shyt I’ll drop it by a certain point and read summary for rest

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Frieren is the best anime of 2023, 2024, and depending on how long this run goes, 2025. :ufdup:

I don't think there's an anime (especially in the last 2 years) that mixes having an actual story, pacing, and action, as well as Frieren does. :blessed:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Frieren is the best anime of 2023, 2024, and depending on how long this run goes, 2025. :ufdup:

I don't think there's an anime (especially in the last 2 years) that mixes having an actual story, pacing, and action, as well as Frieren does. :blessed:
Animation isn't as good as Frieren but both BSD S4+S5 and Undead Murder Girl Farce fit that description.

Vinland S2, Apothecary Diaries, SLF and the two I mentioned above belong in the conversation.

And if we include romance then The Dangers in My Heart as well.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

I have read the first Ln volume so far, and it's a really fun read. It's similar to Villainess 99 where the MC makes the comedy and Alina being voice by Rie Takahashi is perfect. Also, Cloverworks doing it is awesome.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
High Card Episode 22

Looks Young is truly dead this time. He was a good character. Interesting the youngest of the princes was a traitor in leaking Ban information. It all makes sense, but looks like he is put in a rough spot and Ban just brushed him off lol.

So Ban's grudge against the royal family stems that they erased his father's legacy because the cards were involved. That makes his emotions on the natter heartfelt. Can't condom his actions, but you can understand the pain of not only losing a father, but adding disrespect on top of it.

Theodore really needed to be more open to Ban. Taking this long to say he didn't want to lose his friend is frustrating. So much could have been avoided with those simple words. Against that is Theordore's fault all along. It's nice to see hold to his son, so maybe he can be more open to him.

TILT really got used by Ban. For the brothers it is interesting how the people who took them in were so different. Finn joined High Card, and it felt like an extended family. Meanwhile, the Khlondikes simply used TILT for the purpose of their goals. This show really loves going for its cliffhangers huh lol.
Last couple of episodes High Card has taken it to another level. Thoroughly enjoying it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Fantastic episode for Sengoku Youko Episode 10

For both of Jinka and Shinsuke after their training they were given a once in a lifetime opportunity presented before them. For Jinka with the realization that sure you beating the Dragon is almost impossible, but not completely impossible. But rather what about you surviving? Mountain Goddess presenting that an encounter of surviving is possible and that was needed than to give him some confidence otherwise he would have freaked out much more than he did when they came to face him.

For Shinsuke he ended up in a once in a lifetime position to kill Senya. But Shinsuke despite coming as much more cold and edgy it was very much in character not for him to kill Senya. Instead of looking at Senya like he is some monster, he viewed him like he is a poor child who got forced to undergo all of these various experiments. Funny enough Senya shows his child like nature for not going to kill Shinsuke.

On Tama's spectrum she basically trained the equivalent of 10 years. It's hard to say how much that is going to drain her mentally down the road.

In contrast to what the Mountain Goddess suggested, Tama suggested testing the Mountain Goddess to see if they are worth anything to her. And it didn't start well for Jinka as he got hit by Senya before the Spiritual Transformation could be done. Jinka being able to survive a few hits from the Dragon by accident was just enough for him to get his confidence back following what the Mountain Goddess mentioned before. And also we see the training for both Jinka and Tama paying dividends here.

Tama got what she wanted and the Mountain Goddess joined for their aid. And quite frankly her strength is terrifying even in her small form. The new information given is that the Dragon is Senya's father. But with that being said Tama's plan now has a big cost. She said she wants Jinka or Tama's soul, which is the last thing they want to here. Once again Shinsuke enters a situation where he is powerless to help his friends. But I wonder will be motivated to ensure that his soul because desirable enough for her?

Well our trio is on the move and Rinzu is finally joining them. She has a lot of enthusiasm, but she should give our leads some space so they can sort their feelings out.

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.03.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.03.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.05.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.05.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.11.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.11.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.16.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.16.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.18.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.21.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.22.40_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.22.46_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.24.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.24.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.25.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.25.38_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.27.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.28.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.28.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_2.28.38_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Only 1 episode left of Ishura and the show works fantastic as a bridge and this was another well done episode.

Curte choosing to stand up for Regnejee. But the irony that the one person that Regnejee wanted to protect was lost the moment he went after Harghent. The ironic part of Curte and Regnejee's friendship being shot through by Alus who was protecting his friend. Curious what Kuze can do in regard to Curte? Also the scene where we see Curte and Regnejee's blood cross was extremely well done.

Yuno knows that Dakai isn't solely to blame, but she needs to move on. And pushing that blame from herself onto Dakai is the easiest way to do that.

The fight between Soujirou and Dakai ended in one exchange. In that exchange Dakai assumed that since Soujirou cut the spider if that swapped swords he would be at an advantage. But that move was a miscalculation as he couldn't cut Soujirou. And Soujirou was able to cut Dakai to give him a swift death. Soujirou is simply a bigger monster than we figured he was.

Taren offering Shalk a clue to where the True Demon Lord is killed. And imagining the monster that called both him and the Hero. Curious who he asks for help since he can't read.

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.32.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.35.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.37.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.42.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.44.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.53.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.54.51_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.54.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.55.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.55.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-03-13_at_3.56.08_PM.png