storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Apothecary Diaries latest episode felt like it was setting up MaoMao taking a swing at Lakan. This is the first time I can think of that Lakan looked caught off-guard.

hq720.jpg

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
:blessed:

Been reading the manga since the beginning some parts are about to be :whoo:

Some villains get beat too quickly though :francis:
I mean it's not likely anyone is looking at this and expecting top-notch Shounen content I think people will be happy if we get some good fights, with fun character interactions. :manny:

Considering the popularity of the OG series plus it's JC STAFF doing it, the anime should be solid on the visual side. People just gotta keep their expectations in check.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I said all that yet here I am on ep 8 on frieren
Slow burn it is now it’s clicking smoothly :snoop:
Let’s see how the rest goes :lupe:
Her change in personality made it alot better too
One of the impressive things about the show is how smoothly it goes by. The pacing is basically perfect. Even though very little happens, they make every interaction count or make it stand out. The episodes fly by and then you are :lupe: :wow: or :mjlol: at what happens.

To me, it's one of the best put together anime I've ever seen. It doesn't a have a plot that grips you, it doesn't really have intrigue or stuff that leads to speculation, it doesn't really go that deep on themes either.

But everything that unfolds in each episode is worth watching.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
One of the impressive things about the show is how smoothly it goes by. The pacing is basically perfect. Even though very little happens, they make every interaction count or make it stand out. The episodes fly by and then you are :lupe: :wow: or :mjlol: at what happens.

To me, it's one of the best put together anime I've ever seen. It doesn't a have a plot that grips you, it doesn't really have intrigue or stuff that leads to speculation, it doesn't really go that deep on themes either.

But everything that unfolds in each episode is worth watching.
It basically takes it premise of what is the journey after beating the demon king considering the Mc is praticslly an immortal elf.

I got invested in chapter 1 as seeing how Frieren deals with seeing those whom she traveled with ended up either dying or retiring was a refreshing idea. Also how does her emotions develop and how she grows throughout the series. How Himmel has influenced her and she influences fern and stark.

The series is basically one long adventure. It’s about enjoying the ride but all the stops during this ride are amazing. The manga is 10/10 and it getting the high adaptation quality is the icing on the cake.

To put it into perspective the mage exam arc in the manga is one of the weaker arcs in the series comparing the arcs. But the anime elevated it in ways where it looks like one of the best.

I personally detest the 3 episode rule since it doesn’t take account the medium it’s adapting. Good ln adaptations take more then 3 episode to get the part that captures you attention. Of course you gave cases like AoT that can do it in 1.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It basically takes it premise of what is the journey after beating the demon king considering the Mc is praticslly an immortal elf.

I got invested in chapter 1 as seeing how Frieren deals with seeing those whom she traveled with ended up either dying or retiring was a refreshing idea. Also how does her emotions develop and how she grows throughout the series. How Himmel has influenced her and she influences fern and stark.

The series is basically one long adventure. It’s about enjoying the ride but all the stops during this ride are amazing. The manga is 10/10 and it getting the high adaptation quality is the icing on the cake.

To put it into perspective the mage exam arc in the manga is one of the weaker arcs in the series comparing the arcs. But the anime elevated it in ways where it looks like one of the best.

I personally detest the 3 episode rule since it doesn’t take account the medium it’s adapting. Good ln adaptations take more then 3 episode to get the part that captures you attention. Of course you gave cases like AoT that can do it in 1.
I've always been intrigued in "what happened after" stories and I've always wanted to play a video game that lets me do that after completing the main story.

But honestly, Frieren is the first time I've seen it done in such a compelling way. Even though, like I said, there's nothing that really stands out on the surface, everything that happens is done in such a perfect way that I'm glued to every second of it.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Starting frieren let’s see how this shyt is
2 episodes in :francis: not sure ain’t gonna lie I have a 3 episode rule and even past that I will drop a anime outta nowhere if it ain’t clicking with me
Looking like a slow burn maybe we’ll see

I said all that yet here I am on ep 8 on frieren
Slow burn it is now it’s clicking smoothly :snoop:
Let’s see how the rest goes :lupe:
Her change in personality made it alot better too
Yo breh, I said the same exact shyt, then I ended up binging it in a week.

:russ: :russ:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
A7064E80-9A7D-469B-85B4-A79B9328158D.png

Sheeeeeesh :picard:

A7064E80-9A7D-469B-85B4-A79B9328158D.png

@LordDeathwatch this gives more motivation to read the manga. But like Ao Ashi I really to set time to take my time sink through it.
Yo that's actually crazy because Yu-Gi-Oh is one of those shows I just watched, it never even occurred to me to read the manga either because of how much younger I was, availability, or the number of series I was keeping up with. Definitely going to spin the block and see what fukkery I've been missing. :wow:

@tripleaamin Finally caught up with Undead Farce and now I wish I wasn't, stuck waiting. Considering how unconventional it was up to this point, the vampire fan service caught me off guard but other than that? It's been pretty damn good, very intrigued by Banquet and where this goes.