Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I've been sleeping on Chinese anime.

Foghill of the five elements :wow:
I've just started spare me! great lord!

That first episode :wtf:

It's like watching anime without the excessive horny energy. The animation is clean but not on the same level as foghill so far

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Lemme ask y'all

1) Are there some art styles out there that put you off from trying an Anime?

Me - yes - Attack on Titan

2) Did you go back and watch some of those joints because they got a lot of love in the community?

Me - Yes - Attack on Titan (starting Season 4 Part 2)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Lemme ask y'all

1) Are there some art styles out there that put you off from trying an Anime?

Me - yes - Attack on Titan

2) Did you go back and watch some of those joints because they got a lot of love in the community?

Me - Yes - Attack on Titan (starting Season 4 Part 2)
I can't think of art styles that completely turn me off from an anime..maybe shin-chan? I remember that coming on toonami/adult swim and thinking it looked weird. I come from an artist background though I'm usually open minded to a lot of styles.

As far as 2 goes, I've done that plenty of times. I saw the first 3 or 4 eps of jujutsu kaisen and thought it was nothing special and moved on. People kept hyping it so I eventually caught up, still think it's overrated though.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just seen it. Have no idea wtf I just watched, but it kept my interest for the 2 hours :manny:
I mean..it's a pretty straightforward watch, I saw it for the first time maybe 5 years ago or so

The plot itself is not much to write home about, I'd even dare to say it's plot is kind of weak (the character motivations just aren't convincing to me), but visually and culturally it holds a lot of weight. It's one of the earlier anime films to be recognized by western audiences.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Frieren with another fire episode :wow:

I continue to be amazed at how they pull off limited action, character development and lore in such perfect harmony.

Fern stepping up at the end had me hyped the fukk up and she didn't really do anything special or out of the ordinary :ohlawd:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Saw hashira training arc 1st episode with wifey last night :wow: better than expected
And of course people complained bout recap last season episode which they continue to state is what shows first then the new episode
Fools me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Brehs were pissed they paid for a partial recap before the early screening last year. They were the same people complaining this year and still spent money :mjlol:

Decided to hold off this year as the title of the next arc isn't something I am personally anxious to see early, I can wait. I do need to do that full rewatch before whenever that final arc starts. Granted, getting through swordsmith arc again going to be a struggle. The rest of Demon Slayer's pacing before that arc was actually decent when you consider shounen standards.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
If they could just get a mimic in front of Frieren's replica, they'd be golden :mjlol:
You MF, that's EXACTLY what I came to post.:pacspit:

Frieren with another fire episode :wow:

I continue to be amazed at how they pull off limited action, character development and lore in such perfect harmony.

Fern stepping up at the end had me hyped the fukk up and she didn't really do anything special or out of the ordinary :ohlawd:
They do this seamlessly and the time just flies by. I'm glad they have plenty of material because I don't look forward to this ending anytime soon.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Weakest Tamer Ep 7 continues to highlight what I love about this show.

It it has been made clear that Sora is growing and evolving. I wonder what his potential is. And the beginning part when he was "running" faster than Ivy despite having no legs i funny.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_3.06.35_PM.png

This episode basically gave you the answer, what if Ivy encountered danger on the road. And while I hate to see Ivy come to harm, I love how between Ciel and Suppression Squad being there for her. And the squad looks a great set of dudes. Ivy be herself is weak and shouldn't be able to survive against dangerous monsters. Most isekais make out their Mc to be weak, except they really aren't Here Ivy is fragile. But the show does the rare thing in anime where the adults act like adults. They are not only looking out for her, but as soon as she mentions what village she is traveling, they have their guards up to protect them.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_3.15.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_3.18.30_PM.png

But despite being physically fragile. Ivy's biggest strength comes from her personality and charisma. She is a character that both the viewer and the adults surrounding her want to protect and look out for. Ivy is a high effort, and seeing the food she cooked only more illustrates her work ethic. Tho I do imagine she has strong intuition from her previous life since her skill is taming.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_3.36.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-23_at_3.39.57_PM.png

Honestly, alongside 7th Time, Sengoku Youkou, A Sign of Affection and Dungeon Meshi. Weakest Tamer is IMO one of the new seasonal standouts, an anime that has a lot of heart to it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
You MF, that's EXACTLY what I came to post.:pacspit:

They do this seamlessly and the time just flies by. I'm glad they have plenty of material because I don't look forward to this ending anytime soon.
The one concern is the anime catching up to the manga, because the manga takes a decent amount of breaks. I wouldn't mind the anime taking a 2-3 years before going full out for S2. Which covers the best arc in the manga and one of the most well written arcs that I have read.

Anime onlies are going to be blown away if executed perfectly. :wow:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
The one concern is the anime catching up to the manga, because the manga takes a decent amount of breaks. I wouldn't mind the anime taking a 2-3 years before going full out for S2. Which covers the best arc in the manga and one of the most well written arcs that I have read.

Anime onlies are going to be blown away if executed perfectly. :wow:
Most definitely, the balancing act is capitalizing on that dark horse goodwill but not taking too long a hiatus because attention spans are short. The core will stick with it obviously but the general audience? Let it disappear for 3 years and they'll forget all about it.

The coming material definitely fleshes out the world beautifully though; from the past to the actual power system and everything in between.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Most definitely, the balancing act is capitalizing on that dark horse goodwill but not taking too long a hiatus because attention spans are short. The core will stick with it obviously but the general audience? Let it disappear for 3 years and they'll forget all about it.

The coming material definitely fleshes out the world beautifully though; from the past to the actual power system and everything in between.
One advantage it has that it isn't on the popularity scale of Demon Slayer and SxF where they have to put content out yearly. (Tho SxF can put a filler season or movie and be more than fine.)

I imagine the wait would be something the wait for BSD S3 or S4. Not soon, but not long enough that it feels like an entirity. Plus there are so many quotable like "This is what Himmel the Hero would have done." and Frieren saying KYS.

When the S2 announcement comes, the hype WILL be insane.