tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch Just finished S3 of Kingdom. This season was truly a demonstration how Qin fought tooth and nail to avoid their demise. The fact they survived speaks volumes to their character. And how they can move forward with Xin and Zheng's goal is intriguing.

Gotta love seeing the great Li Mu caught unprepared. Tbh, there was no reason he should have seen this coming at all. This really ruined his plan because he also had to have enough forces to conquer Xiayang alongside Zui. Now, as the one that organized this Coalition Army, the blame will go on him. It makes things going forward even more interesting.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_9.05.10_AM.png

Man, these are moments where Xin's character standouts so well. Pang Nuan the moment that stuck the kill on Wang Yi and Gong Biao. But he realizes who else around can fight him off. It does help A LOT that Biao injured him, thus leaving him weaker in this fight. The goal of this wasn't for Xin to kill Pang, as he is nowhere near that level. But to stand his ground enough so that Pang can't spark a comeback because if he did that it would over for Qin

Big moment for Xin, but now Pang has his eyes on him. Really makes things interesting going forward for the next time they meet. Xin still has his eyes on Li Mu and Pang Nuan after all he's got to make Wang Yi and Biao proud.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_9.10.10_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_9.11.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_1.58.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_2.02.16_PM.png

Just like in Season 1, the mountain tribe was an essential part of Zheng's success. Them coming to their aid was huge for him and Qin. This is an alliance he must absolutely treasure. But even given the events of what occurred, he realized that he can't be completely happy. After all, asking civilians to fight for you. Don't mistake, he had to do what he needed to do. But you can empathize as a ruler why he would feel sick for half of Zui to be dead. No good ruler wants to be in that position.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_2.07.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_2.11.18_PM.png

Ok, this one killed me :russ:. Xin caught up with Bi in terms of ranking. I mean Xin deserved the promotion. But it's funny that he already caught up with the guy who was like a mentor for him in the beginning of S1.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_7.49.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_7.50.55_PM.png

Small amounts of criticism. For Qiang Lei, her story was one that I wasn't sure how to do it right. It just is so different from the main story with Xin and Zheng. I do love how the edge that got her to finish her revenge was that she had a place she wanted to go back to. With Xin and the crew. Admittedly also, how the Qiang crew made it so that sisters had to kill each other was massively fukked up.

I do the basic gist that the dance is basically for them to go past their limits. In regard to breathing and being in a zone. But tbh this is one I try not to think too much about. Because it ain't the focus of the series.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_8.32.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_8.32.50_PM.png

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch Just finished S3 of Kingdom. This season was truly a demonstration how Qin fought tooth and nail to avoid their demise. The fact they survived speaks volumes to their character. And how they can move forward with Xin and Zheng's goal is intriguing.

Gotta love seeing the great Li Mu caught unprepared. Tbh, there was no reason he should have seen this coming at all. This really ruined his plan because he also had to have enough forces to conquer Xiayang alongside Zui. Now, as the one that organized this Coalition Army, the blame will go on him. It makes things going forward even more interesting.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_9.05.10_AM.png

Man, these are moments where Xin's character standouts so well. Pang Nuan the moment that stuck the kill on Wang Yi and Gong Biao. But he realizes who else around can fight him off. It does help A LOT that Biao injured him, thus leaving him weaker in this fight. The goal of this wasn't for Xin to kill Pang, as he is nowhere near that level. But to stand his ground enough so that Pang can't spark a comeback because if he did that it would over for Qin

Big moment for Xin, but now Pang has his eyes on him. Really makes things interesting going forward for the next time they meet. Xin still has his eyes on Li Mu and Pang Nuan after all he's got to make Wang Yi and Biao proud.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_9.10.10_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_9.11.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_1.58.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_2.02.16_PM.png

Just like in Season 1, the mountain tribe was an essential part of Zheng's success. Them coming to their aid was huge for him and Qin. This is an alliance he must absolutely treasure. But even given the events of what occurred, he realized that he can't be completely happy. After all, asking civilians to fight for you. Don't mistake, he had to do what he needed to do. But you can empathize as a ruler why he would feel sick for half of Zui to be dead. No good ruler wants to be in that position.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_2.07.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-20_at_2.11.18_PM.png

Ok, this one killed me :russ:. Xin caught up with Bi in terms of ranking. I mean Xin deserved the promotion. But it's funny that he already caught up with the guy who was like a mentor for him in the beginning of S1.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_7.49.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_7.50.55_PM.png

Small amounts of criticism. For Qiang Lei, her story was one that I wasn't sure how to do it right. It just is so different from the main story with Xin and Zheng. I do love how the edge that got her to finish her revenge was that she had a place she wanted to go back to. With Xin and the crew. Admittedly also, how the Qiang crew made it so that sisters had to kill each other was massively fukked up.

I do the basic gist that the dance is basically for them to go past their limits. In regard to breathing and being in a zone. But tbh this is one I try not to think too much about. Because it ain't the focus of the series.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_8.32.08_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_8.32.50_PM.png
Yeah the shyt with the breathing techniques and to an extent, the superhuman feats for Pang are elements that don't fit the general narrative of the series. It's extremely grounded and realistic for the most part and then you have these supernatural, god killer/channeling and it kind of takes you out of the immersion for a moment. I think it's good to a degree because we're getting more of ancient China's lore outside martial and socioeconomics but it's definitely something that needs to remain limited.

I will say that I love the dark and extremely twisted Mortal Kombat/Battle Royale shyt they have to go through. That's extremely memorable.

As far as the close for S3, it definitely leaves you wanting more and has so many open avenues for progression, which is exactly what you want. Qin literally fought the world and won, everyone is on notice now and their dream of a united China is no longer just the wild dreams of a young King. That's not a good thing because now every Kingdom is literally fighting for it's life, it's heritage, it's actual existence and we're just going to have to see who wants it more.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah the shyt with the breathing techniques and to an extent, the superhuman feats for Pang are elements that don't fit the general narrative of the series. It's extremely grounded and realistic for the most part and then you have these supernatural, god killer/channeling and it kind of takes you out of the immersion for a moment. I think it's good to a degree because we're getting more of ancient China's lore outside martial and socioeconomics but it's definitely something that needs to remain limited.

I will say that I love the dark and extremely twisted Mortal Kombat/Battle Royale shyt they have to go through. That's extremely memorable.

As far as the close for S3, it definitely leaves you wanting more and has so many open avenues for progression, which is exactly what you want. Qin literally fought the world and won, everyone is on notice now and their dream of a united China is no longer just the wild dreams of a young King. That's not a good thing because now every Kingdom is literally fighting for it's life, it's heritage, it's actual existence and we're just going to have to see who wants it more.
I agree. Pang constantly suffering fatal blows and still hanging in there in a grounded series can be offputting. I get not wanting for Xin to finish him or that since he ain't there yet. At the same time, Xin just standing head to toe with Pang would have been a big thing for him. No need for him to take a blow to the face and still be standing. For Qiang's side of the story the breathing technique is something that can exhaust you quickly, so in terms of the main story it shouldn't be big help since war is a marathon not a sprint.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Marcille's backstory in today's Dungeon Meshi episode was really nice. Her friendship with Falin was really wholesome. Marcille reminds me of the person who school who is on the top of their class, but from a practical sense, they have no idea what the outside world is like. Falin really showed her that you also need to understand how a dungeon works.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-22_at_12.40.07_PM.png

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I agree. Pang constantly suffering fatal blows and still hanging in there in a grounded series can be offputting. I get not wanting for Xin to finish him or that since he ain't there yet. At the same time, Xin just standing head to toe with Pang would have been a big thing for him. No need for him to take a blow to the face and still be standing. For Qiang's side of the story the breathing technique is something that can exhaust you quickly, so in terms of the main story it shouldn't be big help since war is a marathon not a sprint.
In general yes BUT taking out an enemy Commander or Great General can collapse an entire war, as we've seen. One of her sprints would be enough to fold a Kingdom in the right situation.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

We got kids commanding troops in ancient china I think some Qiang fits in well because she fills in the spot that was supposed tobe for Piao :mjcry:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
We got kids commanding troops in ancient china I think some Qiang fits in well because she fills in the spot that was supposed tobe for Piao :mjcry:
It's funny you say that breh because if he had lived, I think Piao would have been Qin's version of Li Mu. He's always been the genius, he wins the affection of those around him and he was strong enough to fight Xin to a stalemate record.