tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch You know Kingdom doesn't focus as much on these 1 vs 1 fights then the large scale politics and war. But I really like this flashback and how it was used. We see that Fu Di who is kicking Xin's ass. We see his style is very similar Lei Qiang. At first, you think how will Xin win this fight?

The easy example is well from his experience with Lei Qiang. She tells him his main weakness is that he is easy to bait when his opponent has the capability to do so. In Battle Shounens the weak answer to this is oh I have to train. Well that answer is ridiculous, here we are in a full out war.

But Xin is fully capable of taking down Fu. We all know how a fighter can fall into bad habits. With everything that has been happening, Xin fell into his comfort zone in 1 on 1. Which is what Fu wants. But see how his fighting style being similar to Qiang was that spark to make him recall what he needs to do when the opponent is baiting like that.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.22.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.25.01_PM.png

This was a moment that intrigued me. Kaine and Diao's relationship is a weird one. In the weirdest form of bonding back from S1 when Li Mu and Kaine held Diao and Meng Yi hostage. These girls have this weird bond, as it was Kaine that gave Diao the spark on the path she has taken. Diao is thankful of that. Kaine on the other spectrum has seen how far Diao has come, a feeling similar to that an older sister has for their younger sister.

The problem is Kaine is commander for Li Mu. While Diao is the tactician for Xin. You are mortal enemies in this war right now. Getting your personal feelings in the way is a major issue. I am very interested what happens if this situation happens again.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.27.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.28.46_PM.png

Motivation is a drive that can really get us to push past our limits. And at the same, if we have none of that motivation, we can't even perform to our average standard. Zheng's charisma is on fool display here. Getting these civilians to push back beyond their normal limits was crazy. But it really showcases Zheng and his ability to lead and inspire.

Granted he was reckless and got himself hurt. But Chang Wen is a fool for even thinking Zheng would agree to escape. This is Qin's last stand, basically. Zheng has to be smart how he goes about it, but leaving these civilians to die would diminish a lot of that honor Zheng prides himself on.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.43.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_7.04.40_PM.png

Civilians leading a stand against Li Mu's army? That sounds nice on paper, but at the end of the day, civilians are still civilians. Eventually, no more amount of motivation from Zheng will light them up. You also have Zhao infiltrating the castle, making it seem like it is game over. But we see that mountain tribe back from S1 coming into play at the end of the episode. It makes what seems like a sure defeat, which not turns to a possible comeback on Qin's hands.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_7.33.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_7.33.11_PM.png

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch You know Kingdom doesn't focus as much on these 1 vs 1 fights then the large scale politics and war. But I really like this flashback and how it was used. We see that Fu Di who is kicking Xin's ass. We see his style is very similar Lei Qiang. At first, you think how will Xin win this fight?

The easy example is well from his experience with Lei Qiang. She tells him his main weakness is that he is easy to bait when his opponent has the capability to do so. In Battle Shounens the weak answer to this is oh I have to train. Well that answer is ridiculous, here we are in a full out war.

But Xin is fully capable of taking down Fu. We all know how a fighter can fall into bad habits. With everything that has been happening, Xin fell into his comfort zone in 1 on 1. Which is what Fu wants. But see how his fighting style being similar to Qiang was that spark to make him recall what he needs to do when the opponent is baiting like that.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.22.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.25.01_PM.png

This was a moment that intrigued me. Kaine and Diao's relationship is a weird one. In the weirdest form of bonding back from S1 when Li Mu and Kaine held Diao and Meng Yi hostage. These girls have this weird bond, as it was Kaine that gave Diao the spark on the path she has taken. Diao is thankful of that. Kaine on the other spectrum has seen how far Diao has come, a feeling similar to that an older sister has for their younger sister.

The problem is Kaine is commander for Li Mu. While Diao is the tactician for Xin. You are mortal enemies in this war right now. Getting your personal feelings in the way is a major issue. I am very interested what happens if this situation happens again.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.27.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.28.46_PM.png

Motivation is a drive that can really get us to push past our limits. And at the same, if we have none of that motivation, we can't even perform to our average standard. Zheng's charisma is on fool display here. Getting these civilians to push back beyond their normal limits was crazy. But it really showcases Zheng and his ability to lead and inspire.

Granted he was reckless and got himself hurt. But Chang Wen is a fool for even thinking Zheng would agree to escape. This is Qin's last stand, basically. Zheng has to be smart how he goes about it, but leaving these civilians to die would diminish a lot of that honor Zheng prides himself on.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_6.43.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_7.04.40_PM.png

Civilians leading a stand against Li Mu's army? That sounds nice on paper, but at the end of the day, civilians are still civilians. Eventually, no more amount of motivation from Zheng will light them up. You also have Zhao infiltrating the castle, making it seem like it is game over. But we see that mountain tribe back from S1 coming into play at the end of the episode. It makes what seems like a sure defeat, which not turns to a possible comeback on Qin's hands.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_7.33.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-19_at_7.33.11_PM.png
Yeeeeaaah I don't like Chang Wen, honestly he's ridiculously incompetent, shows no actual martial prowess, dotes on Zheng to the point of annoyance, and basically exists for exposition and stating how impossible or dire something is supposed to be. Almost everything he's involved in is :unimpressed: status to me.

Kaine is a character I actively despise, she's a stan and a love interest to equal extremes. The only time she's remotely tolerable is in the exchange you mentioned above, unfortunately those layers and the dynamics that result are few and far in between. Honestly a stray arrow needs to find her temple, shouldn't be too hard considering she's constantly in the field. At least in her case she's actively getting busy, which is more than I can say for Chang.

Now the Mountain Tribes? THOSE are some of my favorites in the entire series, business always picks up when they're involved. Their tendencies and unusual tactics will be an interesting blend with Li Mu.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeeeeaaah I don't like Chang Wen, honestly he's ridiculously incompetent, shows no actual martial prowess, dotes on Zheng to the point of annoyance, and basically exists for exposition and stating how impossible or dire something is supposed to be. Almost everything he's involved in is :unimpressed: status to me.

Kaine is a character I actively despise, she's a stan and a love interest to equal extremes. The only time she's remotely tolerable is in the exchange you mentioned above, unfortunately those layers and the dynamics that result are few and far in between. Honestly a stray arrow needs to find her temple, shouldn't be too hard considering she's constantly in the field. At least in her case she's actively getting busy, which is more than I can say for Chang.

Now the Mountain Tribes? THOSE are some of my favorites in the entire series, business always picks up when they're involved. Their tendencies and unusual tactics will be an interesting blend with Li Mu.
Chang's biggest issue to me is that it feels like he hasn't done much given his status. Like he has accomplishments that happened before the series started. But since then it feels like a big nothing. Even with the stuff where he got Zheng back. 99% of the credit goes to Zi Xia.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

DEFCON 1 shyt at the end.

MC Tsubasa got in the Top 10 to ice that bytch of a Grandma and get a date with snowbunny Rena. Then Minami's hot mother, Mai, spot the two dating and texts to Minami to get her ass in gear and start chasing Tsubasa else Rena going to steal him. :dead:

giphy.gif

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Definitely passing on Reincarnated as Meetings when that returns.

on another note House of Ninjas on Netflix has been mid as fukk. I'm on episode 5 and don't even feel like finishing. Enjoyed Bloodhounds and My Name much more than this goofy ass shyt.

Got damn Ninja Kamui bout the only thing doing ninjas any type of justice right now.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Pluto was great, very entertaining with very few action scenes.

It's funny you mention that bc back when Netflix first put trailers out a few years ago you see an entirely different animated fight scene they used that's :banderas:

They completely scrapped it in the finished product :why: (tone purposes)

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ishura With another great episode :whew:

That moment really showcased how powerless Yuno is. She was standing in front of the person responsible for the loss of her loved ones and can't do anything about it. On the flipside Shalk really needs his money if he wants to put his life on the line lmao. Well Soujirou really is coming to meet them. This is most interesting.

Harghent sees Alus be his savior for the city. But Nihilo isn't too far behind. :lupe:

Elea racked up the L's in this episode. At this point, Kia thinks fondly of Lana. Now she wants to help her, but at some point does Elea's true nature comes across Kia. I am getting more and more disgusted, seeing how Elea looks at Kia as a tool that needs to be kept a secret. :scust:

The one who eliminated the poison and the Mandrake was Kuze. Well, well everyone is gathering in one place is making things very interesting.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Almost finished Pluto. I'm pretty sure this dude who wrote Pluto and Monster is the greatest manga writer of all time. I know this shyt is based off astro boy but this shyt right here. Incredible.
Tons of people slept on this but it's crazy how good this show was with minimal episodes and action

shyt had me feeling like Mont Blanc was the GOAT and we never even saw this nikka :mjcry:

You knew it was real for them once Brando/Herc ran the fade :wow: Atom playing batman detective

Story covered every emotion :wow:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sengoku Youko Ep 7 fukking broke me :mjcry: :mjcry:. Shows again as one of the best shows of the season.

I remember watching Helck episode 18 last season and remember how much that episode broke me emotionally. I thought, for surely the anime gods wouldn't do that to me with an anime seasonal anytime soon. Oh, man, this fukking hurt.

We had the start of the episode of Jinka's determination of being a Katawara. Not because he doesn't think they con coexist, but rather more so the fact that he wants to stand by Tama. Tbh that is a wonderful reason.

I fukking adored Shakuyaku. She was a total sweetheart who had such a bad mess of events happen to her. But she pushed through it with the help of the gang. And she grew up so much, and now she is gone is beyond saddening. She made a choice. She was going to protect those kids so they can have a life. And talk about a statement. She made one. Unfortunately, she wasn't strong enough here. I kind of hate how she calls herself a monster. Because her heart was on full display.

Jinka realizing it's her. He wasn't just sad that Kagan is gone. But that Kagan and Shakuyaku are now gone. This is one of those deaths that hits like a truck, and you wish there is some hope that she can be around. But that would cheapen her sacrifice. Seeing JInka see those twins born with the names Shakuyaku and Kagan. The Katawara and human protecting them. Jinka's tears in full realization.

Shinsuke is someone who felt like the weakest link so far. But man losing Shakuyaku no doubt hurt for him. I thought for a second, Jinka x Tama and Shinsuke x Shakuyaku would be the pair going forward. But taking in Kagan's advice going forward is key. I hope he can rise up and get revenge for both Shakuyaku and Kagan.

I have got to say he may be an antagonist technically, but Douren is awesome again. He has his morals, and him not finishing up Jinka spoke so much of his character.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.34.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.34.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.35.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.37.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.47.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.47.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.48.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_1.51.09_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.45.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.46.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.56.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.57.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.57.30_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.57.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.57.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.58.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_2.59.23_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_3.00.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-21_at_3.01.14_PM.png

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Too bad that's the last great thing out of that series. I hated how the author even copied Slam Dunk's underwhelming ending but even worse because instead of just finishing it, he spent a whole arc in bland filler :sadcam:

Movie should be fire though :whew:
I stopped watching the series. I forgot what season I stopped at.