It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Almost finished Pluto. I'm pretty sure this dude who wrote Pluto and Monster is the greatest manga writer of all time. I know this shyt is based off astro boy but this shyt right here. Incredible.
wait the person behind monster (with tenma and johan) wrote pluto? Thats crazy, monster is one of the GOATs to me. I have a new anime to watch
:ohhh:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch Man LI Mu in a position of basically check in a game in Chess is scary. Basically given their position it comes down of playing the smart optimal game. Zui basically being all civilians kinda puts them in a position to constantly have their guard up. And he took that to his advantage here. After the show highlights how important the first day is. Kind of showed why he is one of the 3 Zhao greats. Most commanders/strategist prob would just brute force on the first day.

I kind like what Kingdom here. Unlike some of the other strategies we have seen from Li Mu, this is very easily to grasp. Li Mu as an antagonist is a fukking b*stard to go up against as he has always been so far in the series.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_8.59.23_AM.png
I told you man, this guy is like a 4th Wall insert. Guy is always 3 or 4 steps ahead and even if you manage to get around whatever is in front of you, he's already the next city over setting up the next 3 contingencies.

The way he's applying pressure to these civvies is masterful and ruthless. :wow:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I told you man, this guy is like a 4th Wall insert. Guy is always 3 or 4 steps ahead and even if you manage to get around whatever is in front of you, he's already the next city over setting up the next 3 contingencies.

The way he's applying pressure to these civvies is masterful and ruthless. :wow:
What I really like what they have done with him is that you hate him as an antagonist not because he is some evil person. At least not yet from what I have seen. But he opposes that guys we are rooting for Zheng and Xin and his skills are on another level on top of that.

It's not to say evil antagonists can't be done well. Easy example is Aizen. Everything he did in the anime up till he went down was written so well to make you hate his guts. The problem with evil antagonists is that they are written pretty damn poorly more often then not. Oh they want to destroy the world cool, uh what else?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
A Sign of Affection in ep 7 really tackles how Yuki deals with deaf issues well.

Man I love how Yuki is trying her best to move forward. Like she is massively deaf, but she is putting her best foot forward. I just love seeing that. As someone who had difficulty finding a job while starting undergrad and even after I graduated speak volumes to me. As I remember being in that situation of seeing those rejections. The fact see continues to not complain is inspiring to me. I just love how Yuki could be in a position to make all the excuses in the world and most people would be fine with it. But she is like no I am going to hold my own in this relationship.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_1.05.13_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_1.06.12_PM.png

Regarding Yuki and Itsuomi's relationship it does a great use of show not tell. Along with Yuki trying to step up and getting a job, at the same time we see Itsuomi putting the extra effort in learning sign language. These actions speak volumes of how much they care about the other and are more powerful then if they just used words to express their feelings.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_1.21.10_PM.png

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
What I really like what they have done with him is that you hate him as an antagonist not because he is some evil person. At least not yet from what I have seen. But he opposes that guys we are rooting for Zheng and Xin and his skills are on another level on top of that.

It's not to say evil antagonists can't be done well. Easy example is Aizen. Everything he did in the anime up till he went down was written so well to make you hate his guts. The problem with evil antagonists is that they are written pretty damn poorly more often then not. Oh they want to destroy the world cool, uh what else?
Very accurate because his main issue is simply that he opposes the idea of a unified China and the blood that would have to be shed to realize that. There's nothing we've seen that's pointed to anything nefarious or any real malicious tactics, he's presented as just as justified as the protagonists. That's exactly the angle you want in a multifaceted character.

It's still fukk Li Mu forever. :unimpressed:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Dangers in My Heart S2 Ep 7 continues to showcase the strong season that it is having. The theme of this episode was jealously. And after all this is a feeling so many kids will have in middle school. We see countless times in this episode both Anna and Kyo express this feeling. But rather then making a big deal out of and causing a great portion of melodrama from it. (Which happens in 95% of romance anime) The series once again has them pushing through that and communicating. For Kyo the step was him returning the favor to Anna after the gift she gave him on White day.

After all this was in the same position Anna was in. He needs to take the next step forward. Which he ends up up doing. But also unintentionally resolves the issue of what Anna was jealous about. She simply wanted to be called cute by Kyo and getting the bracelet was the cherry on top for her. The direction of the episode especially the ending section was top notch.

Once again this series really points out on the Shounen & seinen side of Rom-coms how the vast majority of them are extremely mediocore. As this series continues to ignore the common pitfalls these series have while being well written as well.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_5.11.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_5.14.47_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Apothcary Diaries Ep 19

God damn this episode was actually crazy. :damn: :damn: :damn: It's insane how all the episodic episodes we had build upon each other until Maomao figured them being all connected can't be coincidence.

Man that whole scene of Maomao trying to convince the guard to let her in was fukking rough to watch. Maomao was lucky she was still alive, let alone in a position to be able to move. We know how much of an a$$hole Lakan is. Him putting that fear of terror in that guards face truly shows he is Maomao's father.

Maomao ended up not just saving any noble but Jinshi. Maomao saves him and ends up in an even worse position. Another shock of all this where you really have to question was this even Lakan's plan to begin with?

The look on his face when Jinshi carries Maomao isn't the look of shyt Jinshi is alive. Rather what the hell happened to my daughter. Which is a look we have not seen from him at all in this series. The easy point to raise well he wanted to eliminate Jinshi and get back his daughter. But the one issue is if he knew what was happening why would he allow Maomao to be put herself in danger anymore. Really curious who is the one behind this.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.22.41_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.24.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.24.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.26.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.27.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.29.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.30.05_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.30.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.30.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.32.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.32.21_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-17_at_6.33.56_PM.png

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Caught up on Frieren and Solo (Dubbed of course). Now imma watch more SFL and maybe Super.

Man I watched like 20+ episodes of Frieren in a week.

:wow: :wow: