Balla

Superstar
Daps
I think a point you mention is important. As an audience outside of Japan we were introduced to anime as primary a source of fights and battles. DragonBall, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Yugioh and Pokemon. Even if the core theme of the last 2 isn't fights they still had battles as centered theme of their plot.

Adventure, SoL, comedy, well written plot, Romance, etc we were never introduced to any of these because well we were never aware of it. Stuff like Vinland, Kingdom, Frieren, Apothcary, etc are all great series, but these are the types of series we never would have thought to be great when we were first introduced to anime.

I love branching out trying different genres because you can really appreciate with different genres and themes what is some well written stuff. Again not ever genre is gonna be every person's thing. It's important not watch for the sake of watching. But after watching a solid amount of SoL you can differentiate the good types of it like Frieren where its executed fantastically and see that a series like MHA where its executed poorly.

Dark Gathering is the key example of branching out cause I would miss this amazing series if I didn't give horror a chance. Which was a genre in general I never really cared for
I’m extremely glad those shows were the first ones to come out, fukin genius.

Vinland actually had a straight #actiongang start, which made the story that much better.

If a slow anime would have came out back when DBZ came out, it wouldn’t have been watched like that.

Anime needed to start with action #ActionGang to set the tone.

:blessed::blessed:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Do you have any recommendations that are similar to Frieren?

I do tend to like slice of life shows, but feels there's too many to watch, but I enjoy the pace since easy to sit back and enjoy. Some of them can get chaotic of course like Nana

Off the top of my head Hinamatsuri and High Score Girl were some really enjoyable SOL animes.

I caught up with Frieren so now I'm stuck waiting for weekly episodes. I started watching Diary of Apothecary, another SOL, and it's been great so far.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy S2 Episode 6

So this episode is more to showcase how Hibiki and Tomoki may be interacting with Makoto's crew going forward.

You know what it's nice that Hibiki and Mio are getting along. It is funny her good nature is a good match for Mio. Hopefully their friendship grows to her being reunited with Makoto, which would be pretty cool.Tomokio is a sicko. He tried to manipulate Tomoe and yea that wasn't going to work here. It feels like at this point he is past being a victim and is turning into a bad person basically. Him and the princess are going be a real annoyance going forward.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-12_at_2.16.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-12_at_2.16.42_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-12_at_2.17.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-12_at_2.26.06_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-12_at_2.28.36_PM.png

7vITwF1.jpeg

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Awesome episode all around for Sengoku Youkou ep 6. The start was fun, but the emotional beats at the end were great as well.

We see Raidou gives Shinsuke his magical sword. He is a little smug about it but damn Jinka gave him some words of reality. But hopefully he can build himself up to use it one day.

We meet Douren the Tiger and man despite him part of the Dangaisyuu he is an awesome dude. And they just chilled with him and drink. And man Jinka is light when he drinks. I love how at easse Tama was. Man Jinka's father it seems was the one whom introduced that to her and him passing away is bittersweet.

It was also hilarious Kagan out drank Douren and Shakuyaku felt the after effects. Man its the reality that next time they meet Douren will be an enemy. But you know what you hope for the reality that it isn't a fight to the death because he really is a cool guy.

Man the whole conversation with Fukou was so relatable like damn. The point of being afraid of what tomorrow might bring. Tama even having a human friend die is someone who could very well want this. But I love her stance of looking at the positives of what tomorrow might bring. And Tama highlights she might have lost Genzou, but the friends she made recently have all been worth it. And her telling Fukou that he did a good job was touching. You sometimes being thanked even once can make the biggest difference for us. But the big moment in this episode that Katawara live much longer then humans. So its clear Tama is more then used to parting ways with people she cared about.

Next we are stopping by Kagan's hometown. And well is his hometown inside that katawara perhaps?

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.07.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.08.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.08.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.13.31_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.14.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.19.43_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.22.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.25.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.25.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.27.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.32.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.33.48_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.33.57_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.35.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_2.35.45_PM.png

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
God damn Ishura ep 7 came out firing. :damn: :damn: :damn:

That fight was great, but then that laser beam JFC. It was a slow start, but man its flying on all cylinders as well. This is to add on the political aspect of the show, which is done very well.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Starting watching Metalic Rouge.

Two episodes in and you can tell they are going for a 90's feel with the sci fi elements in Mars and the narrative the show has.

But gotta say, I'm completely underwhelmed by Studio Bones' work in the fighting animation. How you have a Mecha anime and by far the worst part of it are the mecha fights :dahell: everything about the show is either compelling or fun to watch but I wanna skip past the action because it's pedestrian as fukk :mindblown: :smh:. And character designs and drawings are cool as hell, the only thing that doesn't work is the fights.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Starting watching Metalic Rouge.

Two episodes in and you can tell they are going for a 90's feel with the sci fi elements in Mars and the narrative the show has.

But gotta say, I'm completely underwhelmed by Studio Bones' work in the fighting animation. How you have a Mecha anime and by far the worst part of it are the mecha fights :dahell: everything about the show is either compelling or fun to watch but I wanna skip past the action because it's pedestrian as fukk :mindblown: :smh:. And character designs and drawings are cool as hell, the only thing that doesn't work is the fights.
Honestly it's a show I hope that is more than 1 season/cour. There is a lot that they could do with it. But after 6 episodes it has me worried that given how the pacing has been. It's gonna rush to the finish line. Hope I am wrong. With that being said Rouge is fukking entertaining and hilarious. That alone will have me watching till the end of the season.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@LordDeathwatch Man Kingdom coming up big with these episodes. :whew:
Screen_Shot_2024-02-13_at_9.12.26_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-13_at_9.14.00_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-13_at_9.14.04_AM.png

Man Biao literally telling Pang Nuan the cold hard truth. He talks about about being a God of War and in terms of strength he is great. But everyone knows that it isn't because of him that killed Wang Yi, but Li Mu. Dude thinking one arrow means nothing :mjlol:. A fight between two warriors at such a high level even a small thing can make the difference. It really shows that Pang Nuan is no general as Biao mentions.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-13_at_10.07.14_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-13_at_10.04.07_AM.png

Here we kind of see Xin old tendencies of being stubborn. Lord Biao is dead there is no bringing himself back. But Biao put himself in position so that Xin and his squad can make it to Xianyang. Now this is where someone as levelheaded as Bi is great. Xin is emotional and we all understand that, but he needed someone to get through to him. The biggest thing is don't let Biao's death be in vein.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_8.08.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_8.08.40_PM.png

Man I give Zheng props here. Most Kings wouldn't go out on the battlefield. But this is the special things that Wang Yi saw in him. Awesome scene knowing no big name general/commander is around. Well he plans to go there himself. Now the part of using civilians, yes what Xin mentions they aren't soliders. But if they can provide assistance is anyway possible his risk has merit.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_8.10.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_8.10.17_PM.png

We have seen Bu Lu as someone very composied, but Zheng going out had him stunned. Not to mention one of his four pillars did what he was right in terms of Qin. After all that is where his current position is. But this is the first time we seen this out of Bu which makes things vastly interesting going forward.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_8.15.51_PM.png

This was an awesome emotional moment. Xin has been through so much since the start of S3. Their partnership which has been established since the show started. For a long time Zheng has been depending on Xin to make moves while he fights these political battles and now we get to see Xin lean and reply on Zheng.

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_8.18.55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-14_at_8.19.17_PM.png

These just casually tease Xin about him finally being done crying :dead: :deadrose: