tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Frieren started off EXTREMELY SLOW, but is getting more interesting now.

:ehh::ehh:

I’m 9 episodes in, right where shyt bout to pop off.

I guess I like this show because it only took me 2 days to get to episode 9.

Out of all the new shows I like this one the most.

I’m trying to get into SLF, but it’s hard to for some reason.

Imma try to pick it up this week.

Frieren is definitely apart of the rotation now.

:wow::wow:
Curious why you say this because imo it's one of the easiest anime & manga to get into. Especially anyone who really is a gamer. Adding on the fact Fuji-sensei writes a VR MMO like that of a video game rather then a fantasy with video game stats. (Which imo are the worst type of world building you can give to a fantasy world.)

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Curious why you say this because imo it's one of the easiest anime & manga to get into. Especially anyone who really is a gamer. Adding on the fact Fuji-sensei writes a VR MMO like that of a video game rather then a fantasy with video game stats. (Which imo are the worst type of world building you can give to a fantasy world.)
I think it’s because they’re playing a game, so it isn’t “real” to me. I honestly have never been a fan of VR stuff, like Sword Art.

If there is some real life stuff going on, then it would get my attention more.

I really like the show though. I think I’m on ep 8.

Plus I was watching Tokyo Revengers and Mob Psycho, so those took over, now I’m watching Frieren, which is also taking over.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I think it’s because they’re playing a game, so it isn’t “real” to me. I honestly have never been a fan of VR stuff, like Sword Art.

If there is some real life stuff going on, then it would get my attention more.

I really like the show though. I think I’m on ep 8.

Plus I was watching Tokyo Revengers and Mob Psycho, so those took over, now I’m watching Frieren, which is also taking over.
Well the thing is you aren't suppose to take it seriously as you would in Mob. There aren't end of the world consequences. If you are looking for a story to take seriously like that, this is not the thing for you. But not every series has to be like that.

There also the angle that some of these more serious stories have stakes that don't feel threatening. Like you know the Mc has massive plot armor and you can predict where they take it. Like they aint gonna die.

Meanwhile in SLF dying is much more like how it is playing a game. The consequences are between going back to the last save point and even losing equipment. This is to SLF's favor because dying to a boss is very much a threat. It's not the end of the world, but because dying doesn't that massive consequence it makes the fights much less predictable and engaging.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shangri-La Frontier Episode 18 adapted chapters 39-42. To put it simply they adapted these chapters beautifully :wow:. One of the best Actions episodes I have seen for the past year like easily. Pacing felt perfect doing the manga justic. Can't ask for anything better. One change from the manga, which I really liked was changing it from Arthur and Katzo distracting Wethermond by disrespecting Setsuna's grave to them standing at her grave with her. The change is more in character for Arthur and is a classy way to distract Wethermond.

Also gotta love how Sunraku was spamming revives till he got a strategy. Also Arthur and Katzo imagine Sunraku talking trash for not be able to handle their end. The best part is they agreed they would do the same lmao. Lastly Sunraku with the perfect plan for a build but his math skills faded him. All these gamer moments are great :russ:

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.23.10_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.28.21_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.28.30_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.28.33_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.33.32_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.36.01_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.46.02_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.48.59_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.49.04_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.50.36_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.51.01_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.51.09_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.51.12_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.51.40_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.51.46_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_9.51.54_AM.png

Also below is Special ED for Ep 18

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Honestly it really showcasing how SoL elements can really enhance a series like Frieren. It adds an element that makes you fond of the characters and even relate to them in some ways.

In general SoL in something people on here sleep on, but when executed well you get some great stuff. As it's a character driven genre. Dungeon Meshi is another example that uses SoL elements so well to develop the world and the cast.
Do you have any recommendations that are similar to Frieren?

I do tend to like slice of life shows, but feels there's too many to watch, but I enjoy the pace since easy to sit back and enjoy. Some of them can get chaotic of course like Nana

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Do you have any recommendations that are similar to Frieren?

I do tend to like slice of life shows, but feels there's too many to watch, but I enjoy the pace since easy to sit back and enjoy. Some of them can get chaotic of course like Nana
Frieren is such a unique series that it would disingenuous to say if you are looking for something like Frieren go try x. Here are 3 from this season.

Dungeon Meshi has a similiar SoL fantasy aspect that is very similiar to Frieren. Frieren is more so a reflection as Frieren compares the past with the present. While in Meshi it's more about life lessons. Both have very endearing characters.

The Weakest Tamer Began A Journey to Pick up Trash has a slow pace SoL Isekai has self reflection. But here the Mc might have suffered the worst outcome you could have of someone of this world. Being forced to live on the run and even wonder if she is allowed to be happy. This will tug at the heartstrings unless you are heartless. And isekai aspect is surprisingly unique. Like Frieren this one is about the journey/adventure and not the destination.

If you love well written world building I can't reccomend The Witch & the Beast enough. It's world building is in a class on its own not only being well written, but it's written so concisely. While the adaptation isn't much more then decent, but I feel the strength of the manga even makes it way even tho visually it leaves a lot to be desired. It's the best manga with an anime this season. Yes imo it is better then Frieren & Apothcary. Issue being the adaptation isn't. It's by far the best manga I read last year.

Some other stuff that could work that is already aired.

Bookworm's character growth is top class. As the series is so well written. It's a top class iseaki quite easily. It's more SoL then MT, Slime and those types of isekais. But the journey Myne goes through is great. Hopefully Witt does well whenever S4 comes.

Reincarnated as a Sword starts little odd. But the journey of Fran and Shishou is a very endearing one. Similiar to how Frieren and Fern began their adventure as master and apprentice. You have this with Fran and Shishou. Where Shishou acts like a father in a wholesome way. But its mostly Fran's story and how she grows. Along with how Shishou comes to want to be there for her.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
What did JJK bite from YuYu? I didn’t really notice. I know some things are kinda like Bleach.

I really wanted to watch Shenmue, but can’t find the dub.

just the whole fighting spirits and demons and then the domain expansion shyt is similar to the Sensui arc where nikkas start controlling the environment with their powers n etc...

You might have to bite the bullet with Shenmue and watch subs my nikka. The hand to hand fades are worth it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
7th time Loop episode 6 with another standout episode. Going in a complete different direction, but executing it so well. Rishe standing very close to Maomao as great well written female protagonists.

First things first. I am so happy that this wasn't a betrayal on Elsie's end. Considering every Rishe has done for her. The fact that she played along with it really shows that she cares for Elsie and Kamil.

Honestly this went in a way different direction. Honestly I kind of wished they showed how they escape. But at the same time Arnold knowing that she was about to escape and make an entrance to the two brothers was classic Rishe. So I loved this unexpected direction.

You know one thing that was present since his introduction was that he calls her AneUe. (seems to be mean honorary older sister) Despite coming a cross as imposing to her he still showed some respect for her. Theodore has the classic troupe of wanting to be useful to his older brother. I love that Rishe's amended the siblings relationship. Really showing her resolve to Arnold saying of course I there to help after all he will be family to me soon. Arnold thanking her was a really sweet moment. Seeing a crack of happiness.

Also Rishe's "advice for imprisonment was so extreme. Where on earth would you use that style of brutality? And which loop was where she learned those skills?

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.24.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.25.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.29.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.29.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.31.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.32.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.33.54_PM.png

uiAU2qj.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.41.43_PM.png

9JxrmrJ.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.44.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.45.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.46.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.46.44_PM.png

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
7th time Loop episode 6 with another standout episode. Going in a complete different direction, but executing it so well. Rishe standing very close to Maomao as great well written female protagonists.

First things first. I am so happy that this wasn't a betrayal on Elsie's end. Considering every Rishe has done for her. The fact that she played along with it really shows that she cares for Elsie and Kamil.

Honestly this went in a way different direction. Honestly I kind of wished they showed how they escape. But at the same time Arnold knowing that she was about to escape and make an entrance to the two brothers was classic Rishe. So I loved this unexpected direction.

You know one thing that was present since his introduction was that he calls her AneUe. (seems to be mean honorary older sister) Despite coming a cross as imposing to her he still showed some respect for her. Theodore has the classic troupe of wanting to be useful to his older brother. I love that Rishe's amended the siblings relationship. Really showing her resolve to Arnold saying of course I there to help after all he will be family to me soon. Arnold thanking her was a really sweet moment. Seeing a crack of happiness.

Also Rishe's "advice for imprisonment was so extreme. Where on earth would you use that style of brutality? And which loop was where she learned those skills?

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.24.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.25.49_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.29.11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.29.44_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.31.18_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.32.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.33.54_PM.png

uiAU2qj.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.41.43_PM.png

9JxrmrJ.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.44.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.45.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.46.36_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2024-02-11_at_12.46.44_PM.png

In her previous life she was a Knight, I am sure she had to do Prisoner Watch

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Man the popularity spark Frieren and Apothcary have is fukking insane in Japan. JJK is only beating manga sales because it released a new volume. Love seeing the success these two are having.

When we getting a Sakamoto Days anime? I've been putting off reading the manga because the premise seems made for an anime adaptation. The series is pretty popular so I'm still waiting for it to hit TV so I can then read the rest :mjgrin: :feedme:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
When we getting a Sakamoto Days anime? I've been putting off reading the manga because the premise seems made for an anime adaptation. The series is pretty popular so I'm still waiting for it to hit TV so I can then read the rest :mjgrin: :feedme:
I mean like Undead Unluck before its announcement it was long overdue. But man you are missing out on a legit great series. The fighting Choregraphy is so clean :wow:. It's fukking crack. It's above and shoulders every other action series in Weekly Shounen Jump. Tbh it doesn't need the budget of JJK since the layout of the fights given from the manga are easy to following and there is not much creativity needed. Unlike with JJK where the anime enhanced the manga because damn JJK fights in the manga were messy NGL :russ:

Both Sakomoto Days and Akanae-Banshi are easily cream of the crop in WSJ in terms of quality. You are missing out on 2 great ongoing manga. Obviously JJK is the most popular one in the magazine.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yooooo that fukking Ninja Kamui is fukking serious my nikka. Got damn:gladbron:

That's prolly the best first episode of an anime I've seen since maybe Goblin Slayer.

The violence and action is just insane. Did not expect to be this impressed. :ohlawd:

fukking music hit hard as hell too.

This is definitely a must watch if you enjoy sick action.